British Speedway Forum

As the licence is currently 'on ice' will Coventry Speedway send a representative (Mick Horton or Neil Watson) to the AGM?

We're not permitted to attend as we're not licenced Promoters in 2017, merely 'caretakers'.

Of what Neil

The Club licence and rider registrations.

(Edited for double post)

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

NeilWatson, on 04 Nov 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

We're not permitted to attend as we're not licenced Promoters in 2017, merely 'caretakers'.

Neil , Is there any chance at all that a Coventry Bees team could compete in any league next season ? of course they would need to track share ., but is it a possibility at all ? THANK YOU .

• Like 1

Cheers Neil.

For Bees fans who want to keep in touch with familiar faces from Brandon the NSSC will continue with their guest evenings throughout the winter.

First of all we welcome BT Sports' Natalie Quirk next Wednesday 15th November at 8pm.

On Thursday 7th December we have the return of Gary & Lorraine from the Bees Track shop with a well timed Chrustmas Sale! Free entry to all, doors open 8pm. Come and get your stocking fillers and much more!!

In the New Year we welcome Steve Brandon on 11th January and Phil Morris on 25th January.

Everybody is welcome, non-members only £3 entry. All money raised goes to Neil Vatcher and the GB Young Lions.

Our venue is the Brandon Club (just down the road from the stadium). A good bar which also sells hot drinks and light snacks.

For all details;

https://www.nuneatonspeedwaysupportersclub.co.uk

Edited by oleoleole
  • Like 1

Telegraph reporting that Mick Horton has agreed a deal for Coventry Bees to ride at Leicester in 2018.

Telegraph reporting that Mick Horton has agreed a deal for Coventry Bees to ride at Leicester in 2018.

As well as the Lions? If so I can't see this working. :neutral:

Gemini, on 14 Nov 2017 - 4:36 PM, said:

As well as the Lions? If so I can't see this worki

Gemini, on 14 Nov 2017 - 4:36 PM, said:

As well as the Lions? If so I can't see this working. :neutral:

If the Lions ride on the new race night in the PREMIER to keep the Bees alive they could enter a team into the Championship & race on Saturdays perhaps ?

When Cradley tried riding at Stoke , it did not work out due to asking supporters to travel too much for home matches.

If it were one or possibly two years with the knowledge of a new track in Coventry then it may be financially viable.

Hope the Coventry fans are happy with the news

Edited by Gunner85

He added: “A standalone stadium either at Brandon or elsewhere has never been commercially viable and will never be commercially viable for the club."

Fantastic quote Mick. What an absolute bonehead.

Fans, hopefully, will treat this news with the contempt it deserves. Done purely so that a promoter that everyone despises can keep his licence.

Sunday afternoon NL speedway at the monorail? I'd rather stay defunct cheers.

• Like 3

If Coventry join the Championship and ride on Saturday's as Bananaman has suggested then I'd be a bit more hopeful of it being a success but I very much doubt National League will work out even if it's the only team they have. The attendances at Coventry were woeful so people are hardly going to travel over to Leicester. :sad:

• Like 2

Gemini, on 14 Nov 2017 - 5:38 PM, said:

If Coventry join the Championship and ride on Saturday's as Bananaman has suggested then I'd be a bit more hopeful of it being a success but I very much doubt National League will work out even if it's the only team they have. The attendances at Coventry were woeful so people are hardly going to travel over to Leicester. :sad:

Surely savvy Promotions would move heaven & earth to get Coventry back into the higher divisions ? They always have had an excellent away following . ..

Anything remotely associated with the name Horton is bound to fail.

• Like 1