British Speedway Forum

Surely savvy Promotions would move heaven & earth to get Coventry back into the higher divisions ? They always have had an excellent away following . ..

I think you will find out in due course that the Telegraph report reflects what Horton wants to happen.

Wobbler racing at a track some 20 miles away and calling them Coventry is an insult to the bees and the fans.

• Like 3

Dave Jones, on 14 Nov 2017 - 5:45 PM, said:

I think you will find out in due course that the Telegraph report reflects what Horton wants to happen.

Wobbler racing at a track some 20 miles away and calling them Coventry is an insult to the bees and the fans.

I agree , the Bees fans reportedly never turned out in numbers for National League fixtures ( I went once James Wright 18pt max Flawless ) So I would expect the AGM to place Coventry in the higher division ?

• Like 1

I agree , the Bees fans reportedly never turned out in numbers for National League fixtures ( I went once James Wright 18pt max Flawless ) So I would expect the AGM to place Coventry in the higher division ?

Either way, no one wants to travel to a crap track to watch a cheap crap team, put together by a crap promotion.

• Like 1

It will never work not even in the top flight this is Horton trying to keep his licence.May be a hand full of cover fans will go in the beginning but it will not last I will put more faith in the scs people .next thing Horton will say is BE will be sponsoring them money grabbing again

you can expect a lot but you won't get it from Horton he's in BE back pocket nobody wants him anywhere near the Bees
  • Like 1

kingbee, on 14 Nov 2017 - 5:54 PM, said:

It will never work not even in the top flight this is Horton trying to keep his licence.May be a hand full of cover fans will go in the beginning but it will not last I will put more faith in the scs people .next thing Horton will say is BE will be sponsoring them money grabbing again

Just read OFFICIAL press release on BSPA website .. National League - Sunday afternoons .

Surely savvy Promotions would move heaven & earth to get Coventry back into the higher divisions ? They always have had an excellent away following . ..

Not now with Horton involved riding in the top flight at liecester with kids having to go to school next day 25 miles away won't work

Not now with Horton involved riding in the top flight at liecester with kids having to go to school next day 25 miles away won't work

It might be that or nothing at all.

Just read OFFICIAL press release on BSPA website .. National League - Sunday afternoons .

What a come down from where we were Leicester national league team how can you call them Coventry Bees

What a come down from where we were Leicester national league team how can you call them Coventry Bees

If the cap fits.

Cradley have used Monmore to keep their great name alive.

Surely that's the point??

If Bees fans don't attend you may as well forget about any hope of any continued racing for the club.

Surely this is great news for any Bees fan?

• Like 4

If Bees fans don't attend you may as well forget about any hope of any continued racing for the club.

I think most fans would be happier putting their faith in the Save Coventry Group than Horton.

They are a much more trustworthy bunch of people who appear to know what they are about and have the support of some influential people.

I don't think it's essential that the team runs next season to be honest.

• Like 2

Would it work if Horton wasn't in charge, possibly. No way will this work with Horton in charge AND then the possibility of Brandon Estates helping out.

Not when there is a chance Brandon Estates are involved Edited by woz01

I think most fans would be happier putting their faith in the Save Coventry Group than Horton.

They are a much more trustworthy bunch of people who appear to know what they are about and have the support of some influential people.

I don't think it's essential that the team runs next season to be honest.

I would be awfully suprised if you ever run again under the name of Coventry Bees. I told you what the alturnative was last year.

Edited by Starman2006

Telegraph reporting that Mick Horton has agreed a deal for Coventry Bees to ride at Leicester in 2018.

In the national league I believe (EDIT:just seen that I'm a bit late, sorry folks😂)

Edited by SheffieldTigersFan
  • Like 1

I would be awfully suprised if you ever run again under the name of Coventry Bees. I told you what the altunative was last year.

You've been telling us how it is for years.. I don't take any notice of any of that either.

• Like 2