British Speedway Forum

I would be awfully suprised if you ever run again under the name of Coventry Bees. I told you what the altunative was last year.

Sounds rather fishy to me .

• Like 5

Sounds rather fishy to me .

:rofl:

Classis starman

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

What this deal has done has put us fans in a difficult situation. Follow the side at Leciester where the 'the enemies' are running the club or don't follow and they then claim the support for the club is gone.

Cradley have used Monmore to keep their great name alive.

Surely that's the point??

If Bees fans don't attend you may as well forget about any hope of any continued racing for the club.

Surely this is great news for any Bees fan?

No because now we will lose Brandon

What this deal has done has put us fans in a difficult situation. Follow the side at Leciester where the 'the enemies' are running the club or don't follow and they then claim the support for the club is gone.

It's a lose lose situation IMO.

The minute that the bees take to the track at |Leicester it strengthens Brandon Estates position.

Worth a few quid to get Horton to put out a very dubious press release and then support him at Leicester for a season.??

• Like 2

If the cap fits.

I would expect that from you

If you support this BE will say they don't need Brandon they have an alternative
  • Like 1

He added: “A standalone stadium either at Brandon or elsewhere has never been commercially viable and will never be commercially viable for the club."

Fantastic quote Mick. What an absolute bonehead.

Fans, hopefully, will treat this news with the contempt it deserves. Done purely so that a promoter that everyone despises can keep his licence.

Sunday afternoon NL speedway at the monorail? I'd rather stay defunct cheers.

In no way am I standing up for Mr Horton

But I would suggest that his comment relates to a speedway-only stadium not being viable - which is probably true

I'm intrigued as to his motives - it couldn't possibly be financial (to run a NL team 20+ miles from "home") so . . . what is it?

I don`t think its a good idea. Its all or nowt for me.

But I would suggest that his comment relates to a speedway-only stadium not being viable - which is probably true

I'm intrigued as to his motives - it couldn't possibly be financial (to run a NL team 20+ miles from "home") so . . . what is it?

Brown envelope ??

I would expect that from you

Well i did tell you.

Erm, it may have escaped your notice but we're de-camping to a speedway only stadium. Only Horton could move a club to a purpose built, speedway only venue and then claim that a purpose built, speedway only venue isn't viable.

Erm, it may have escaped your notice but we're de-camping to a speedway only stadium. Only Horton could move a club to a purpose built, speedway only venue and then claim that a purpose built, speedway only venue isn't viable.

Yes , the very same guy who told us that he had financial support to build a new stadium not so long ago.

Also that he had spoken to Rugby Council about finding a new site.

How anyone can be foolish enough to believe anything that comes from this man is beyond my imagination.

Edited by Dave Jones
  • Like 6

No because now we will lose Brandon

It's lost while BE are involved anyway.

Why can't the campaign group still carry on?

The aim surely is to get speedway back at Brandon or in Coventry? ?

This plays into the developers hands to say its unviable. Should be in a higher league with the fans supporting in good numbers to prove them wrong.

National league at Leics will be a disaster. Well done Horton you clown. Putting the last nails into the bees coffin.

• Like 1