British Speedway Forum

Having just read the last three pages, talk about cutting off your noses to spite your faces! Coventry speedway if finished and serve you right.

NL speedway (which is NOT 'wobblers') has worked perfectly well at Birmingham, Cradley and Eastbourne.

• Like 2

Having just read the last three pages, talk about cutting off your noses to spite your faces! Coventry speedway if finished and serve you right.

NL speedway (which is NOT 'wobblers') has worked perfectly well at Birmingham, Cradley and Eastbourne.

you don't get do you BE are behind this if the fans don't go to Leicester they will say it is not viable so let us build on Brandon.We don't want Leicester we want Brandon

you don't get do you BE are behind this if the fans don't go to Leicester they will say it is not viable so let us build on Brandon.We don't want Leicester we want Brandon

But just because it would be proved not viable in Leicester doesn't mean it wouldn't be at Brandon or another site in Coventry. I sympathise with your situation, damned if you do and damned if you don't
  • Like 3

Ok let’s get one thing straight Horton as NOT got a Promoters Licence, you cannot put one “On Ice” like a Track Licence or a Retained list, So he will have to go in front of the BSPA and be interviewed to show that he is a fit and proper person to hold a Promoters Licence

If he convinces them, then he will get his promoters license

Surely the best thing to do would be the championship on a Saturday night with 2/3 Leicester riders doubling up to possibly attract some Leicester fans in.

Mick Horton and Boris Johnson.

Not related are they by any chance??

Some of the Save Coventry Speedway committee will be at the NSSC tonight at the Natalie Quirk meeting.

From their Twitter;

Reminder that @NSSCspeedway have BT Sport’s Natalie Quirk as guest tonight (Wed) plus the Thompson Twins unveiling their new bikes. Members of Save Cov Speedway committee will also be happy to chat to fans informally.

https://www.nuneatonspeedwaysupportersclub.co.uk

thecoombdog, on 15 Nov 2017 - 4:45 PM, said:

Surely the best thing to do would be the championship on a Saturday night with 2/3 Leicester riders doubling up to possibly attract some Leicester fans in.

I suggested that yesterday & with you adding the Lions riders to what I thought , it must an attractive proposition to some promotions ? ..The BSPA must surely want a club as big as Coventry to be in the higher divisions ?

I suggested that yesterday & with you adding the Lions riders to what I thought , it must an attractive proposition to some promotions ? ..The BSPA must surely want a club as big as Coventry to be in the higher divisions ?

Yeah agree totally.

Not now with Horton involved riding in the top flight at liecester with kids having to go to school next day 25 miles away won't work

25 miles, is that all, I drive 40 miles for Lynn meetings! Edited by Trees

25 miles, is that all, I drive 40 miles for Lynn meetings!

But would you drive to Peterborough to watch the Kings Lynn Starlets in the NL every week?

• Like 3

But would you drive to Peterborough to watch the Kings Lynn Starlets in the NL every week?

That would be 100 miles away from me so no, I would drive to Lynn to watch the Young Stars 😁 What is Horton trying to achieve, to show the need for a Coventry Speedway? I don't suppose the Coventry/Rugby Councils are in any doubt.....

If the cap fits.

And what is this crass comment supposed to mean, you sad man? The Coventry Bees have more heritage than Poole will ever have. :mad:

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 4