British Speedway Forum

Steve Shovlar..............
From his own pocket and sponsors I should imagine. It doesn’t cost a lot to run an NL team. I could certainly afford it and so could many people.

If it's that easy why didn't the Storm finish their matches last year when Mick Horton was in charge?

Where's Horton getting the money from?

From his own pocket and sponsors I should imagine. It doesnt cost a lot to run an NL team. I could certainly afford it and so could many people. The conspiracy theory of Brandon Estates sponsoring Coventry at Leicester is straight out of cloud cuckoo land. There really is no reason for BE to spend a penny.

Think this jackanory story is being spread by very sad people who want to see Coventry become completely extinct.

Its more Panorama than Jackanory.

If a team runs out of Leicester it will help relieve Brandon Estates of their requirement to build a new stadium if (or when)houses are on Brandon.

They will argue that a Coventry Speedway team is already operating so no obligation to fund a new stadium.

Hortons remarks are in line with Brandon Estates comments about the viability of speedway at Brandon very conveniently not mentioning the stock cars which have always run side by side with the Speedway.

If this is such a good idea ,of a Bees team riding NL at Leicester ,Why has it been met with complete silence by the Save Coventry campaign group.

Equally it has been met with complete disdain by the people who have kept up with the whole sorry mess,

Us suffering Coventry Bees fans.

Edited by naffer
  • Like 4

Not going to work out well moving to Leicester.

Who would want to travel down to Leicester of all places on a cold night to watch NL speedway. I would rather stay at home and watch Coronation Street & EastEnders.

Should pack it in now and call it day and accept the fact that Coventry are no more.

Not going to work out well moving to Leicester.

Who would want to travel down to Leicester of all places on a cold night to watch NL speedway. I would rather stay at home and watch Coronation Street & EastEnders.

Should pack it in now and call it day and accept the fact that Coventry are no more.

Meetings will be on Sunday afternoons.

Coventry Observer are currently doing a poll. Will you travel to support Coventry Bees at Leicester speedway if the club were to run in the National League: Yes 44 No 161

Edited by woz01

Meetings will be on Sunday afternoons.

Coventry Observer are currently doing a poll. Will you travel to support Coventry Bees at Leicester speedway if the club were to run in the National League: Yes 44 No 161

Fair enough. Might work then.

Not if the figures in the above Post are anything to go by. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Not if the figures in the above Post are anything to go by. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I think most understand what Horton is up to, with the exception of Shovlar of course..

50 yes

216 no

at 21.40 hrs

Edited by Dave Jones
  • Like 2

Just looks like Horton trying to keep the name going, so if any one does tip up with a long term solution he can claim he owns the name and try to extract some value. Its all he has left.

Boom. We have a winner

I think most understand what Horton is up to, with the exception of Shovlar of course..

50 yes

216 no

at 21.40 hrs

Gone up a bit now.

59 ~ Yes...........246 ~ No. At 01.38 am.

Seems to me reading this that Coventry speedways time is completely up. Even the fans on here seem to want the team to fail.

Seems to me reading this that Coventry speedways time is completely up. Even the fans on here seem to want the team to fail.

Keep going Steve............

• Like 3

Some of us realised this in 2010!

• Like 2

Has starman hacked into your account ?

• Like 1

Has starman hacked into your account ?

I don't think that's the case. It's a common trait in several of the Poole based posters, I think it could be something in the water. :D

• Like 2