British Speedway Forum

Simple question if it was viable & a money maker don't you think the combined Promotions of Leicester / Sheffield would have decided to run a National League team themselves ?

Leicester are in a win win situation.

They get a rent for the day and Coventry cover the rest

which is what happen to the storm so how is it viable all of a sudden at Leicester 29 miles away unless someone is backing it?

It's crystal clear who are backing it.

No. It dorsn’t work when there is already another team from the same club, as the bigger team will always attract the crowd. Football shows this exactly. 60,000 for Arsenal first team. Reserves. 800. And thats often with star names playing.

Coventry have now one team in the NL. So why not support them? If you don’t like Horton fair enough but he is the only person willing to put out a team and the only person with the license to do so. He is club owner, like it or not.

People might be trying to work on getting a new stadium/return to Brandon, but if this doesn’t involve Horton they have no rights whatsoever and would have to buy the club off Horton if they wanted to proceed. Do they have the money to do this?

It would be exactly the same as me waking up tomorrow and saying I don’t like the way Coventry is run and attempting to undermine the current promoter. A waste of time unless he sells his license to me.

And the only person Horton is thinking about is Horton. But isn’t that true in every walk of life? And at least he has made the effort to run Coventry in 2018. If fans don’t bother at least he can say he tried. And if anyone else wants a go afterwards they can contact him to buy the club.

I see your lack of icomprehension is showing you up again. :D

• Like 3

No. It dorsn’t work when there is already another team from the same club, as the bigger team will always attract the crowd. Football shows this exactly. 60,000 for Arsenal first team. Reserves. 800. And thats often with star names playing.

Coventry have now one team in the NL. So why not support them? If you don’t like Horton fair enough but he is the only person willing to put out a team and the only person with the license to do so. He is club owner, like it or not.

People might be trying to work on getting a new stadium/return to Brandon, but if this doesn’t involve Horton they have no rights whatsoever and would have to buy the club off Horton if they wanted to proceed. Do they have the money to do this?

It would be exactly the same as me waking up tomorrow and saying I don’t like the way Coventry is run and attempting to undermine the current promoter. A waste of time unless he sells his license to me.

And the only person Horton is thinking about is Horton. But isn’t that true in every walk of life? And at least he has made the effort to run Coventry in 2018. If fans don’t bother at least he can say he tried. And if anyone else wants a go afterwards they can contact him to buy the club.

Horton has not got a license he has to apply to the bspa according to Mr Watson

To me Coventry anywhere other than Brandon will never the Coventry I knew

To me Coventry anywhere other than Brandon will never the Coventry I knew

You are right, but if push comes to shove anywhere around Coventry with a long term future must be a better proposition than what's on offer at present.

( assuming the Save Coventry group can get us into that situation) ?

Fingers very much crossed. :D

• Like 5

Cradley have done pretty well track sharing over the past few years. Although they have never secured a home of their own, it kept their name in the public eye.

Stop shovelling for once in your life

Er i dont think its you who understands..

Poll currently 86 yes and 338 no.