British Speedway Forum

You're joking right? You've spent the last few pages looking for bites then guess who comes along to join the party.

There is a Coventry 2018 on the NL section.

I believe your imagination has run away with you. Nobody want to see the demise of Coventry speedway and I should imagine Poole fans certainly want them back in the top flight so we can, but for the odd hiccup, continue to smash you at Brandon and Poole.

The clashes between the clubs are sadly missed.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I believe your imagination has run away with you. Nobody want to see the demise of Coventry speedway and I should imagine Poole fans certainly want them back in the top flight so we can, but for the odd hiccup, continue to smash you at Brandon and Poole.

The clashes between the clubs are sadly missed.

Perhaps it is just the state things are with Coventry 'Bees' at the moment, that their Supporters don't like Poole Fans commenting on their demise. This, obviously, because of the intense rivalry between the two Clubs.

I am not a Coventry Fan, but I know if I was, I would not be happy with some of your, and starman's contributions. I just don't think it is helpful.

Sorry.

• Like 2

Perhaps it is just the state things are with Coventry 'Bees' at the moment, that their Supporters don't like Poole Fans commenting on their demise. This, obviously, because of the intense rivalry between the two Clubs.

I am not a Coventry Fan, but I know if I was, I would not be happy with some of your, and starman's contributions. I just don't think it is helpful.

Sorry.

I am not interested in what Starman has said. But I know I haven’t said anything on here controversial or to the detriment of Coventry.

I do believe that if their fans boycott their club they are seriously at risk of it being gone forever. Do they wish that to happen?

Hopefully the majority will get behind their team at Leicester on Sunday afternoons.

I am not interested in what Starman has said. But I know I havent said anything on here controversial or to the detriment of Coventry.

I do believe that if their fans boycott their club they are seriously at risk of it being gone forever. Do they wish that to happen?

Hopefully the majority will get behind their team at Leicester on Sunday afternoons.

The way the Leicester team is going they will go to watch Leicester anyway
  • Like 1

The way the Leicester team is going they will go to watch Leicester anyway

That will be my choice.

I am guessing the reason why the Coventry cubs team wasnt viable, was because the speedway fans in the area spent their money on watching the first team. The same as Poole. But now without a first team, Coventry fans can support their only team, regardless of what division its in.

They are riding just a few miles up the road in Leicester. Not more than 30 minutes drive. It takes longer than that to get from one end of Bournemouth to Poole stadium in the summer! And its on a Sunday afternoon, so no worry about late nights and kids to school.

Sure everyone wants speedway at Brandon but surely you would want a team to support while the issues with Brandon Estates are being sorted out?

Or would Coventry fans prefer to have no club whatsoever, like Oxford? Watching the stadium slowly fall apart as the owners wait and wait and wait for the council to finally back down so they can build houses?

You are assuming that all Coventry supporters live within "a few miles" "not more than 30 minutes drive" from Leicester Speedway

How wrong you are - Coventry have always drawn on support from a wide area of Warwickshire and West Midlands - and further afield - which would leave them further away than your assumptions suggest

You simplify matters to support your unwelcome arguments, whilst setting them out in a way which suggests clarity of thought - hold them up to scrutiny and they fall apart

Edited by Midland Red
  • Like 4

You are assuming that all Coventry supporters live within "a few miles" "not more than 30 minutes drive" from Leicester Speedway

How wrong you are - Coventry have always drawn on support from a wide area of Warwickshire and West Midlands - and further afield - which would leave them further away than your assumptions suggest

You simplify matters to support your unwelcome arguments, whilst setting them out in a way which suggests clarity of thought - hold them up to scrutiny and they fall apart

How true that is, his posts have more holes than a chunk of Emmental. :D

30 minutes for me to Leicester Speedway but I'm only 2 miles from the M69. The opposite side of the City and you can add 15-20 mins to that.

• Like 1

How true that is, his posts have more holes than a chunk of Emmental. :D

Holes, shovel - only to be expected!

That's assuming anyone takes any notice of the crap he posts to start with.
  • Like 1

That's assuming anyone takes any notice of the crap he posts to start with.

Well it seems quite a lot of you have cos you keep going on about it!!
  • Like 1

Who is making light of your situation? Nobody as far as I can tell.

Steve, I don't know how you have the gall to come on here and say that you are not making light of the situation for Coventry Bees. Every comment is designed to wind up genuine speedway supporters - nothing constructive. If you really have nothing to add to the conversation then by not posting on here will demonstrate to me at least that you do really care a little bit for Coventry Speedway.

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 4

Steve, I don't know how you have the gall to come on here as say that you are not making light of the situation for Coventry Bees. Every comment is designed to wind up genuine speedway supporters - nothing constructive. If you really have nothing to add to the conversation then by not posting on here will demonstrate to me at least that you do really care a little bit for Coventry Speedway.

I have certainly not made light of the situation. Perhaps you should read through my posts again without the garbage replies from the imbeciles.

Coventry have their new thread now in the NL section and I hope their fans on here support their new look team.

I have certainly not made light of the situation. Perhaps you should read through my posts again without the garbage replies from the imbeciles.

Coventry have their new thread now in the NL section and I hope their fans on here support their new look team.

Do you really imagine that we think of this venture by Mr Horton as being "our team"?

Reminds one of Wimbledon FC and MK Dons in a way, or Wasps RFC - what percentage of original match-going fans moved to the new homes?

Get real, Mr Whateveryourrealnameis, and stop fishing and shovelling YOUR garbage on here

• Like 2

why do you have to stoop to calling people imbeciles or is that how you talk about people down south.there are a lot of Poole fans that act like human beings and treat other people the same but not you
  • Like 5