British Speedway Forum

**BEES TRACK SHOP CHRISTMAS SALE**

Thursday 7th December at 8pm.

Lorraine and Gary Drinkwater will be opening the Bees Track shop for one more time. An ideal opportunity to grab a bargain and brighten up a Bees fan's Christmas morning.

The venue is;

Brandon Club

Main Street

Brandon

Coventry

CV8 3HW

(Just down the road from the stadium, home of the NSSC)

Shop opens at 8pm, FREE ENTRY to all, everybody welcome, with a raffle to raise funds for the GB Young Lions (U16's).

Local (ex) Bees riders invited. Adam Roynon and James Sarjeant already confirmed.

Come along and have a drink and a chat.

https://www.nuneatonspeedwaysupportersclub.co.uk

Edited by oleoleole

Have you Bees supporters listened to The TALK SPEEDWAY PODCAST on Twitter where  Save Coventry Speedway campaigner Jeff Davies is interviewed for 42 minutes .. Without taking sides this is an absolute brilliant , enlightening & passionate interview .

• Like 2

Back in 1974 I lost my speedway track with the team moving forty miles away. I didn't hold my breath, vow to boycott or go off in a huff. I was too young to drive so each week I would get to the old stadium and board a coach to the new track, which wasn't a patch on our old one. It was an appalling experience but I stuck with it for over 20 years, despite the journey for me personally growing at times to 200 miles. I stuck with my team - because without me and others it would have died.

Tragically Coventry fans are now going through that same appalling trauma. It's depressing to see how few are prepared to save the Bees beyond empty words. If there's a Coventry Bees side out there, support them, just as I would even after four decades I would if a Rayleigh Rockets side was out there. In 1999, after no promoters seemed interested in reopening Rye House a group of supporters relaunched the Rockets as a nomadic team. I was one of them. It didn't matter whether we were racing at Mildenhall, Eastbourne or King's Lynn we were the Rockets and many of our fans came with us. As a result we got the Rockets back permanently. Sadly for deeply personal reasons I couldn't enjoy that return but I and many others did out bit twice to rescue our team.

Is a relatively short trip up a motorway to Leicester that much to ask? Will showing how tough you are solve the situation? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmc said:

Is a relatively short trip up a motorway to Leicester that much to ask?

Listen to the podcast and you might have a better idea why the majority of Bees fans feel like they do. I only live about 5 miles away but will just continue to support Leicester this season and Peterborough Sunday meetings.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

Listened to the podcast very informative a good listen thanks to the guys who produced it.

dont envy anyone trying to plough through this wholly mess but thanks to jeff and the team for trying.

local authorities vs Brandon Estates vs planning applications vs tricky Micky and shady Sandhu what a cocktail

2 hours ago, rmc said:

Back in 1974 I lost my speedway track with the team moving forty miles away. I didn't hold my breath, vow to boycott or go off in a huff. I was too young to drive so each week I would get to the old stadium and board a coach to the new track, which wasn't a patch on our old one. It was an appalling experience but I stuck with it for over 20 years, despite the journey for me personally growing at times to 200 miles. I stuck with my team - because without me and others it would have died.

Tragically Coventry fans are now going through that same appalling trauma. It's depressing to see how few are prepared to save the Bees beyond empty words. If there's a Coventry Bees side out there, support them, just as I would even after four decades I would if a Rayleigh Rockets side was out there. In 1999, after no promoters seemed interested in reopening Rye House a group of supporters relaunched the Rockets as a nomadic team. I was one of them. It didn't matter whether we were racing at Mildenhall, Eastbourne or King's Lynn we were the Rockets and many of our fans came with us. As a result we got the Rockets back permanently. Sadly for deeply personal reasons I couldn't enjoy that return but I and many others did out bit twice to rescue our team.

Is a relatively short trip up a motorway to Leicester that much to ask? Will showing how tough you are solve the situation? 

The problem is that most bees fans don't see the move to Leicester as something that will help to secure the clubs future. The general feeling is that it will hamper the efforts of a more sincere group of people who really do want to get the club up and running with a proper future.Horton is taking the club there for his own reasons, and I suspect large financial support from a company who believe their interests would be better served if the speedway club were " out of the way."

• Like 3

To be honest the group should try and turn this into a positive if it indeed does happen. Plan for one or two of the 'home' meetings where fans go and make themselves heard ( get media invovled) while at the same time showing some support for the riders wearing the Bee. Its the ideal chance to get fans together and do something! Doing this shows its not supporting the move but actually gives the group and campaign media attention and telling people involved in the process we want to return to Coventry.

32 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

To be honest the group should try and turn this into a positive if it indeed does happen. Plan for one or two of the 'home' meetings where fans go and make themselves heard ( get media invovled) while at the same time showing some support for the riders wearing the Bee. Its the ideal chance to get fans together and do something! Doing this shows its not supporting the move but actually gives the group and campaign media attention and telling people involved in the process we want to return to Coventry.

I'm sure they have their plans in place whatever happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woz01 said:

Better idea is to do what they have done this season and have a few matches containing ex Coventry riders at PL/CL  level. I went to the Peterborough and Leicester ones and really enjoyed them and it was also a chance to catch up with some friends. 

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

I can recommend the 'Memories of Coventry Speedway' DVD if anyone is thinking of getting it. Great value at £16 for 3 DVD's. I have sort of watched part one, with difficulty, and will be watching two and three when Lucy isn't around. :D What a strange dog she is as she always goes to sleep at meetings yet on TV suddenly finds it really interesting and blocks my view.

COV MEMORIES 003.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Gemini said:

I can recommend the 'Memories of Coventry Speedway' DVD if anyone is thinking of getting it. Great value at £16 for 3 DVD's. I have sort of watched part one, with difficulty, and will be watching two and three when Lucy isn't around. :D What a strange dog she is as she always goes to sleep at meetings yet on TV suddenly finds it really interesting and blocks my view.

COV MEMORIES 003.jpg

It seems that Lucy loves Christmas ghost stories in particular, all these hordes of ghostly fans from the past filling up the terraces.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gemini said:

COV MEMORIES 003.jpg

Don't underestimate her, she'll go to sleep when she spots Peter York or kick off if she sees Sandhu or Horton !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Gemini said:

COV MEMORIES 003.jpg

Is it true that the picture originally included the dogs owner sat in a folding chair , who was " done away with" by SCB because it blocked his view of the screen?:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see Neil Watson is back as a co-promoter at Peterborough for next season.

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

I see Neil Watson is back as a co-promoter at Peterborough for next season.

Maybe he has seen the light.