British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, Midland Red said:

Does anyone know for certain if anything has been done with the ashes of Nigel Boocock at the stadium?

I asked this question a few months ago and I think someone said they had been removed.

• Like 1

Plea to Brandon Estates to allow the Bees to return to Brandon - from the CET:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/local-news/coventry-bees-national-league-speedway-14137597

Edited by dj350z
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Midland Red said:

The puppy is ok - confirmed :)

Oh good! :)

Not nice looking at the pictures of Brandon Stadium, can the local authorities do anything? :unsure:

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not nice looking at the pictures of Brandon Stadium, can the local authorities do anything? :unsure:

Hopefully Have big enough gonads to refuse planning permission at every attempt Brandon Estates make.

• Like 2

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:49 PM, Lefty said:

Re statement from Gambo above..

Even, as a Wolves supporter I wanted to win the lottery and build a speedway track next to the home of the chairman of Barrets that stuffed Cradley.. Looks like Monaco needs a speedway track also!

My father used a quote that made me think....

Who is the biggest thief...

He who steals the goose from the common,

or, he who steals the common from the goose?

Thankfully the honey from the Bee always stays alive - get the track back.

Keep fighting.

"The law locks up the man or woman who steals the goose from off the common, but leaves the greater villain lose who steals the common from the goose"

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Very little it seems! 

A couple of rumours around that someone is trying to buy Brandon (Sandhu?).

Great article - should be shared to as many sports media outlets as possible.

• Like 1

Good read for the uneducated public.

Need a strong vocal force to attend every open planning meeting to put pressure on rugby council. Brandon Estates can Eff off. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good read for the uneducated public.

Need a strong vocal force to attend every open planning meeting to put pressure on rugby council. Brandon Estates can Eff off. 

The SaveCovSpeedway group will be there and I suspect residents!

• Thanks 1

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:33 PM, Woz01 said:

The SaveCovSpeedway group will be there and I suspect residents!

I wish I had the same feelings as you all, for I too  thought Brandon was a special place and  iconic to our sport.   But forgive me for being cynical,   but whatever chance the stadium had, of carrying on Speedway and StockCars,  has long gone.     From my experience years, when  you see situations like this,  all the hopes have been extinguished before the project even started.    I am in no doubt  Brandon Estates  had everything in place before they brought the stadium.  We're talking big money developments, developments that will gross massive profits.  They wouldn't be speculating unless they were assured  of the final outcome.    Be it from back-handers,   illegal payments or  even blackmail ,  they wouldn't be spending hundreds and thousands of  pounds  on plans  and professional people unless they had the reassurances in place  before it even started.    That's the ways top businesses work.   

They will be expected the objection process to show up, but for it to change anything, the battle has to be fought along similar lines as they have done. with high profile and name and shame those who are benefitting.   Make the public aware of the underhanded goings on.      Its probably too late for that now....

Its such a pity,  that when the BSPA received that television money from Sky,  they didn't use it for more creditably  and purchase somewhere like Brandon that they could call their own..    My first visit to Brandon was  in 1970 .  Compared to the wooden  run-down  premises we had at Lynn at that time,  this was the pinnacle  of our sport.  But time has really taken its toll.   These last few years it is embarrassing how little work had been done  and it  has been  left to decay,  its now  only a sad reflection of the place it once was.  Cant help thinking this has played right into the Developers  hands..... 

Really sorry for these  bad thoughts !!!   

Edited by g13webb

On 03/02/2018 at 7:42 AM, g13webb said:

Its such a pity,  that when the BSPA received that television money from Sky,  they didn't use it for more creditably  and purchase somewhere like Brandon that they could call their own..

This is exactly what should happen.  It would make it so much more difficult for BE to sell it for housing if the BSPA were able to come along and say we're willing to buy it for this much and the deal can be done now.  Of course, as we are repeatedly told, the BSPA "have no money"!  The sport's national body and it has no finances...  Why?

1 hour ago, Stoke Potter said:

This is exactly what should happen.  It would make it so much more difficult for BE to sell it for housing if the BSPA were able to come along and say we're willing to buy it for this much and the deal can be done now.  Of course, as we are repeatedly told, the BSPA "have no money"!  The sport's national body and it has no finances...  Why?

Maybe the Stock Car people would have better access to finance?