British Speedway Forum

Over the years I have had some right tough old banter with Coventry fans. The rivalry between Poole and Coventry over the last 15 or so years has been legendary.

But when something so terrible as this happens there's no place for rivalry. Reading this forum and looking at those photos is devastating. And that's from a Poole fan. I dread to know what it actually feels like as a Bees supporter.

If I was I would be banging on doors demanding explainations.

What is clear this evening is that Horton has thrown in the towel. His lawyer has said he is not going ahead and has told his riders to find a club. Basically they are now up 5hite creek without a paddle.

The vandalism to the stadium means the place is finished as a sporting venue. Expect the main stand to become the victim of some arsonists over the next couple of months, meaning the whole place will have to be flattened on health and safety grounds speeding forward the propety developers plans.

So sad and so depressing. Really feel for Coventry fans at this time and wish them all, every single one of them, the best.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 5

Sport at Brandon Stadium in 2017 is gonna happen - hopefully and properly without doubt, Mick (or is it his brother Colin in disguise) and his "trusted" sidekick ( hint here, Neil Watson on google - Renaissance Prroperty Management / bankrupt - FACT ) Jeremy Heaver

writes about OUR property - (imo being that of Mr Sandbu). Last weekend when I heard of the happenings I wanted the worst for him (Sandhu) , but in hindsight, in the same situation as owner of the site and trying to be shafted, I would do exactly the same - so respect imo to Mr Sandhu.

just look at the photos, everything has been removed BUT not destroyed - to put back in place should be as easy as removing them PLUS they get a service for 2017

In terms of speedway, Jim Lynch is the most excellent choice to provide Inspiration- with the team prepared with strength in depth.

Last night I thought the end was nigh ! Reckon (hopefully) I was premature

My last thought - Coventry Stadium can survive for years to come on SATURDAY night for both Stock car AND speedway ! PLEASE !

Await the negavity that speedway forum posts attract - but hey guys and gals, it is November and plenty of time to recover.

keep the faith !

It takes a lot longer and costs a great deal more to put everything back, it'll also require a series of safety certificates, much as it would with a new stadium. There are also claims of damage that conflict with your post. You could be right (hopefully) and everything gets put right, but if this episode is an example of the way those involved go about things, it reflects badly on them all and might easily lead to something equally stupid in the future.

Hope,this gets sorted for the bees riders and fans,said Somerset should of stayed where they were and not gone into this league.

• Like 1

Over the years I have had some right tough old banter with Coventry fans. The rivalry between Poole and Coventry over the last 15 or so years has been legendary.

But when something so terrible as this happens there's no place for rivalry. Reading this forum and looking at those photos is devastating. And that's from a Poole fan. I dread to know what it actually feels like as a Bees supporter.

What is clear this evening is that Horton has thrown in the towel. His lawyer has said he is not going ahead and has told his riders to find a club. Basically they are now up 5hite creek without a paddle.

The vandalism to the stadium means the place is finished as a sporting venue. Expect the main stand to become the victim of some arsonists over the next couple of months, meaning the whole place will have to be flattened on health and safety grounds speeding forward the propety developers plans.

So sad and so depressing. Really feel for Coventry fans at this time and wish them all, every single one of them, the best.

I totally concur with you Steve, although i would have left the main grandstand arson bit out.

Everybody knew eventually that this would happen but not in this way.

no

You might not but many will. Can you think of a better option then ?

That means he must be at home :D

His holiday home ;)

Clearly nobody knows whats going on. So i would suggest the club start banging on Leicesters door for a club share, because sooner or later the stadium will be demolished..

So you keep saying

• Like 1

Is he with mick

Thought mick is back. Or is he still away. You would think he would be on the first flight back over here

• Like 2

Come on common sense ! treated rightly, this could be a massive promotion for the sport for Coventry. Just looking at the numbers who view and post messages on Speedway-forum show that WE are the most important team in the sport [positive and negative]

I know I am a endless record that everyone hates - SATURDAY night racing again please !

So you keep saying

And im right, but coming from a Poole fan you will never see or want to see that..

Edited by Starman2006

Clearly nobody knows whats going on. So i would suggest the club start banging on Leicesters door for a club share, because sooner or later the stadium will be demolished..

You're a bonehead. We don't want to move to Leicester. Closure would be a better option.

Leicester are struggling to house their own team without taking on a bunch of nomads.

Even if people travelled initially, they would soon get fed up as the racing is utter pony and whoever promoted it would be bankrupt in months.

Barely missed a home meeting in 33 years and gutted, but it's gone and we move on to the next chapter which, for me, will be to go from attending 70 plus meetings a year all over the country to zero.

Always likely to come to this once Ochiltree sold it.

If there is a short term fix it doesn't help for the long term of Coventry bees. I imagine this mess will be back if not front page news of the telegraph and the speedway star going to press will have its say. How now can the two parties work together towards a new stadium or who would want them to work together? The council must be shaking there head, the new land owners must have wished they had just shut the place. How can Horton go and lease Sandhu's stadium if ever suitable land was found ?? Imagine the terms !!!

if finding a new home was hard before this week, I think it's become near impossible now.

And im right, but coming from a Poole fan you will never see or want to see that..

I've haven't seen a single post in your 17,000 plus where you've ever been right about anything.

Moving to Leicester is short term financial suicide for any would be promoter. The signed team of riders should by all means move to Leicester, but they should race as the Leicester Lions.

No towel as been thrown, the Telegraph says they are talking this evening. Weird considering the Coventry Stox statement earlier in the day said Horton wasn't going to take on the lease. Hope the talks are productive. Edited by woz01