Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Brilliant news. So pleased that Coventry will be running.

Meanwhile, any chance that Councillor Stokes can be put in charge of the BSPA/SCB?

The sport as a whole would clearly benefit - given that this guy is 'a doer' and clearly has a brain!

• Like 9

Yeah look at Swindons!

We are gash no doubt but I will have £50 with you that we finish above Coventry? Loser pays the Ben Fund.

• Like 3

Nice bit of Publicity for Sandhu, and Horton made to look the hero, all seems bit convenient.

Great news for the Riders/Fans, hopefully Horton can sell up, and something else happens.

Great news on a positive post from a councillor of all people.

As said by Little Thumper, I would still be cautiously optimistic about this especially as Belle Vue's stadium seem to take an eternity to get racing eventually going last year and that individual meeting they missed pretty much cost them nearly everything including promotion.

I am suprised at some Bees fans saying they would rather no speedway than travel to Leicester however or terrible excuses like what if we can't travel or don't have transport.

Many years ago at some points, I would take a train or a bus to go watch speedway that was miles away. Nowadays I guess speedway doesn't have the same love anymore which is disappointing and even away fans at all tracks seem scarce also.

We might get a new PA system put back in now then

Glad it's all sorted, just need March to hurry up now!

Just hope the dreadful Peter York isn't part of the fixtures and fittings being reinstated

• Like 7

Just hope the dreadful Peter York isn't part of the fixtures and fittings being reinstated

He's still going, blimey.

I think we should have a bit of a whip round and buy Cllr Stokes a return ticket to Manchester Piccadiily as he sounds like just the man to sort out the National Speedway Stadium débâcle.

He seems to have the ability to get things sorted in a couple of hours whilst others have BIG meetings and then promptly go on holiday and us plebs are no wiser.

Anyway, looking on the positive side, if they no longer have seats at Coventry, there should be a nice reduction in the admission prices.

:t:

• Like 2

Please stop calling Starman a troll. A troll deliberately posts idiotic or inflammatory stuff to get a rise out of people, wheras Starman actually is an idiot*.

*Please don't ban me as I believe this is factually accurate and fair.

I agree with this, Starman isn't a troll as he isn't doing it intentionally. He just says whatever he thinks.

Looks like Sandhu got whatever he was after . bet your life he made no concessions whatsoever and has got Horton on the back foot again . money grabbing scumbag

• Like 2

I am happy it's sorted and today we can all look forward for the next 12 months.. The future holds more issues I think.

My concern is what damage has this done, in say 12 months or 3 years down the line. I don't fancy our chances of finding a suitable site and even if we did it's going to be Sandhu's, can you even begin to try and imagine the merry go round. Horton can't by the looks of it afford to run the storm so in the bigger scheme of things would the best option to be for Sandhu to just run it all. He may not want to but shared ownership ends up in disaster, this was close to ending up a disaster and to be honest I don't want the current set up running the club. You don't know what's the truth and we are told but Jeremy Heaver did come across like they were just trying to get the racing going, to foot the running costs but you are not leasing is verging on crazy even more so when it running in hundreds of thousands of pounds, plus adding specifics about deals struck its not something you go on live radio and spout out. Did Mick see £££ with the stock cars ??

Sandhu has however sold our stadium, but sold before we had found somewhere and that doesn't sit well with me. We are playing catch up all the while, we had 3 years, now we have a further 1, maybe 3 then what? There is no happy ending in sight and the slow death of Coventry speedway is not very nice to be involved in. The site we are all hoping and looking for is the bloody site we sit on today. It should have been protected, we should have never have been through this awful are we , aren't we process again and again.

Speedway and Stox belong to Brandon its as simple as that, If we find another site it would never be the same.

• Like 4

We are gash no doubt but I will have £50 with you that we finish above Coventry? Loser pays the Ben Fund.

Deal 🖒.

• Like 3

Brilliant news was difficult to know wha to think but things looking good now really pleased for Coventry fans!!