British Speedway Forum

I agree with this, Starman isn't a troll as he isn't doing it intentionally. He just says whatever he thinks.

'Starman' and 'think' in the same sentence.

Something I thought I'd never see in print. :nono:

So Billy Big Bo!!ox Sandhu has got his way after all!!

Well done to all the Brandon faithful.

michael.stokes@rugby.gov.uk

or Twitter - @CllrStokes

I have emailed him to thank him for his mediation work. Suggest Coventry and speedway fans alike do the same.

• Like 8

Great news for Coventry. Now hopefully Sandhu and Horton can stop this petty little game of calling each others bluff and at least try to keep the Bees going at Brandon and then a new facility.

I have emailed him to thank him for his mediation work. Suggest Coventry and speedway fans alike do the same.

Ditto.

From Cllr Michael Stokes FB:

Brandon Stadium Statement

Following the issues over the last few days, I again offered to facilitate talks between the interested parties. I am pleased to say that both Mr Sandhu and Mr Horton were both very receptive to holding further discussions and engaged fully.

This has been a very difficult and complicated situation and neither Sandhu or Horton own the land and there were some legalities at play around the end of leases. Of course the actions over the last few days have been concerning to local residents and fans and have been widely reported on social media and in the local news outlets. However, after listening fully to both sides, it was seen as a necessary step in order to protect the assets. I am confident this was neither a negotiating tactic or an act of spite.

Talks were difficult and went on well into the night. Both Sandhu and Horton have a clear passion for motorsport and Brandon Stadium and through this passion both parties were able to overcome the contractual issues.

Therefore, I am very pleased to say I was able to successfully facilitate talks that led to an agreement being reached by both parties. Mr Sandhu has agreed to put the stadium back to an operational state and both Stockcars and The Bees will be racing at the stadium in 2017.

I would now call upon all the fans and supporters to rally round your teams and show your support in 2017. This is an exceptional reprieve and an opportunity that should not be wasted.

Fantastic news for all you Bees fans.....Poole v Coventry play off final in 2017 would be good too.

• Like 1

From Cllr Michael Stokes FB:

Brandon Stadium Statement

Following the issues over the last few days, I again offered to facilitate talks between the interested parties. I am pleased to say that both Mr Sandhu and Mr Horton were both very receptive to holding further discussions and engaged fully.

This has been a very difficult and complicated situation and neither Sandhu or Horton own the land and there were some legalities at play around the end of leases. Of course the actions over the last few days have been concerning to local residents and fans and have been widely reported on social media and in the local news outlets. However, after listening fully to both sides, it was seen as a necessary step in order to protect the assets. I am confident this was neither a negotiating tactic or an act of spite.

Talks were difficult and went on well into the night. Both Sandhu and Horton have a clear passion for motorsport and Brandon Stadium and through this passion both parties were able to overcome the contractual issues.

Therefore, I am very pleased to say I was able to successfully facilitate talks that led to an agreement being reached by both parties. Mr Sandhu has agreed to put the stadium back to an operational state and both Stockcars and The Bees will be racing at the stadium in 2017.

I would now call upon all the fans and supporters to rally round your teams and show your support in 2017. This is an exceptional reprieve and an opportunity that should not be wasted.

Good. :t:

As have I. I hope he filters his email as he will probably get allot.

Fantastic news however I'm remaining sceptical until March. Feels like I'm on an emotional roller coaster here...

Thank god they've sorted their sh*t out somewhat. Now let's see how much sandhu actually puts back in...

Likewise am not getting too excited until I see some evidence Bees will run 2017.

• Like 2

Steve Shovlar, on 30 Nov 2016 - 2:01 PM, said:

Me too Steve , done it , this goes way beyond who you support .Now Bees fans should galvanise themselves behind their TEAM . You never know what you've got till its gone & from where in standing it was pretty close !!

• Like 1

Likewise am not getting too excited until I see some evidence Bees will run 2017.

Very wise approach.

I hope everything is sorted and that like all the others the Bees are racing next march at the present stadium.

'Starman' and 'think' in the same sentence.

Something I thought I'd never see in print. :nono:

His version of thinking then!

What a great bloke councillor Stokes is , wish we had at least one member of our council who was like him .

• Like 2