Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

ah well , its kept some one in a refitting job .. great to see there may be a good out come . shouldn't have happened in the first place . the mafia lives on !

Well done to Councillor Stokes. Pleased for Coventry fans and Speedway in General. Keeping fingers crossed until first meeting is underway, anything can happen under the current regime.

I have emailed him to thank him for his mediation work. Suggest Coventry and speedway fans alike do the same.

we are in constant contact with him via facebook, from the previous mediation he was quite taken aback by all the thanks he got, the press release also confirms three years!

My email to Councilllor Stokes.

Dear Mr Stokes

I am sure I am not the only Coventry speedway fan writing to thank you for all your hard work in sorting our an extremely difficult situation regarding the running of the team nest season at Brandon. It is a sport with a rich history in the area and to see it disappear would have been very sad. Many leisure activities and sports are under threat, not just speedway, and it is only through the efforts of resourceful and generous people like yourself that they manage to keep going. It would be a poorer society if it became the norm for more and more people to retreat behind doors to only experience sport and the arts only on the TV screen. Once again my thanks for all your efforts.

Kindest regards

Rod Young

If any Bees fans haven't messaged him then they should asap. Speedway needs to make as many allies as possible in the political sphere and in other sports and activities. Thanks to all supporters of other teams who have expressed sympathy and support. I hope that the difficulties that speedway has faced at the beginning of the season can galvanise the BSPA, promoters and even riders into thinking about the future of the sport as a whole and not just focus on their own narrow interests.

• Like 1

The contractors will be rubbing their hands with all this extra work.

Edited by woz01

The contractors will he rubbing their hands with all this extra work.

Let's hope the weather is kind to them.

I agree with this, Starman isn't a troll as he isn't doing it intentionally. He just says whatever he thinks.

Thing is Lisa. Nobody likes the truth....And i call a spade a spade, those who know me personally know that..

Im pleased that HOPEFULLY Coventry are getting things sorted. But the fans need to do there bit, theres really no point in burying your head in the sand.

Edited by Starman2006

Deal 🖒.

Good man! But of fun for the season when we are fighting over the wooden spoon!!! And a good cause will benefit at the end of the season.

• Like 1

The contractors will he rubbing their hands with all this extra work.

It wont go back as quick as it came out IF it does at all.

Thing is Lisa. Nobody likes the truth....And i call a spade a spade, those who know me personally know that..

In my experience i would say 99% of people i know welcome and seek the truth. What they don't always accept however is someone's version of the truth which is based on opinion and not fact. Sometimes a spade is actually a shovel ;)

• Like 1

In my experience i would say 99% of people i know welcome and seek the truth. What they don't always accept however is someone's version of the truth which is based on opinion and not fact. Sometimes a spade is actually a shovel ;)

No mate, i only deal in spades.

Edited by Starman2006

Good man! But of fun for the season when we are fighting over the wooden spoon!!! And a good cause will benefit at the end of the season.

But surely Swindon will not finish the season with their starting 1-7 - I'd be very surprised and think they won't be fighting or the wooden spoon.

• Like 1

But surely Swindon will not finish the season with their starting 1-7 - I'd be very surprised and think they won't be fighting or the wooden spoon.

I would have said the same this time last year but after we stuck with last year's team after that awful Leicester defeat at home I have no faith that any changes would be made this season.

Look forward to the friendly rivalry!

• Like 1