British Speedway Forum

Gemini how I agree with you forget all the nonsence about who has got this average who is going to win the league no statement of intent makes you think we are "doomed Captain Mannering" Let Horton/Watson tell us other.

Sorry forget the Police angle that's a red herring i.e. Has no significance in the discussions.

Edited by abbo
  • Like 1

But I don't understand why the police would get involved as Sandu has agreed to return all items at his own cost!! Regardless of an inspection it was going to be put right!

I agree they could easily wait for a month and see if things are replaced but Of course there could be other areas of the stadium that are also damaged/taken which doesn't belong to Sandhu. I'm struggling to see how this situation now regarding Brandon Estates involving the police (if true) is Hortons fault? Brandon Estates wouldn't want him signing a deal with Sandhu if they have concerns over the state of the site. They all need their heads banging together.

Also pretty much confirms Sandhu isn't part of Brandon Estates unless it's an elaborate plan!

Edited by woz01

I side with the pessimists but I hope this could be a move by Brandon Estates and Horton to prompt Sandhu to get his finger out and start repairing the damage and restoring the equipment. That is, I hope, the case butI clutching at straws I fear.

Let's hope Sandhu takes the speedway back from Horton.

I don't trust either to be honest.

I side with the pessimists but I hope this could be a move by Brandon Estates and Horton to prompt Sandhu to get his finger out and start repairing the damage and restoring the equipment. That is, I hope, the case butI clutching at straws I fear.

It's probably had the opposite effect, can't see Sandhu being willing spending the money if the police are in fact involved.

Let's hope Sandhu takes the speedway back from Horton.

Well said I agree Sandhu could get the whole show on the road again. The place has been like a mausoleum for years. Recently went to Wasps whole stadium alive great event Speedway should take this as an example and things would change. You have to create a stadium that is alive. Not arrive no music then the highlight of the evening Peter York to entertain us its all old hat. Yes we need a revamp.

Some keep saying the Stock Cars get good crowds once a month so Sandhu would want to keep them running at Brandon but I can't see this logic. What did he get from the sale of the stadium one million, two million pounds? Why would he be particularly bothered about earning a few thousand now and again for the next 12 months or possibly 36 months when he's gutted the place and it's going to cost thousands of pounds to put it right? Answers on a postcard.

• Like 9

honestly what is the friggin point anymore

Fans are getting sick of the are we/are we not riding debate week after week. Just give us a decision one way or another so we can can either get ready to support the team or move on. It's very tedious now.

• Like 1

Fans are getting sick of the are we/are we not riding debate week after week. Just give us a decision one way or another so we can can either get ready to support the team or move on. It's very tedious now.

Trouble is that even if it does get sorted for 2017, you can bet your bottom dollar that the whole rumpus will start all over again at the end of the year.

Supporters of any club deserve better than this, surely?

• Like 2

It's If I sold a house but left the furnishings for the new owner, who was paying me a lease for the fixtures and fittings. This person then fails to sign a new lease so I go around and take my goods back. Oh, and I also smash a few windows, rip off the wall paper, pull all the wiring out of the walls and take some tiles off the roof.

No suprise the police have now got involved.

• Like 2

It's If I sold a house but left the furnishings for the new owner, who was paying me a lease for the fixtures and fittings. This person then fails to sign a new lease so I go around and take my goods back. Oh, and I also smash a few windows, rip off the wall paper, pull all the wiring out of the walls and take some tiles off the roof.

I agree. Hes gone above and behond taking his fixtures and fittings.

• Like 2

But Steve he has stated that he will make good everything that has been taken out plus he will pay the running costs of the stadium .this leads me to believe that Horton playing games somewhere along the line and keeping quiet?
  • Like 2

Shame to see this situation evolving...... From an ousider, speedway doesn't look like its likely to continue at Bradon, and that will be tragic.

What was once the Mecca venue for the sport, has descended into a battlefield of 2 self destroying personalities...

But Steve he has said he will put everything back and pay the running costs of the stadium. Which makes me think that Horton is playing games somewhere along the line he's keeping very quiet