British Speedway Forum

The latest developments following the statement issued by Brandon Estates is quite alarming really for a number of reasons. Who exactly are Brandon Estates? As a business, they should know that this is a Civil matter around disputed assets and contract of sale and not something that Warwickshire Police would be interested in. The Police will not investigate this as a theft or burglary. Sandhu was the previous owner of the Stadium and at the time the property was taken had lawful access to the Stadium in the form of a lease. The key thing here is that he or persons acting for him were not trespassers. It may be, as reported that damage was caused in the removal of property, but again this in my view is a Civil matter and not Criminal.

I suspect that this will drag on and we will need the services of Councillor Stokes again to help resolve this. I have heard that there is real concern around the time scales in relaying the track. I understand a period of time is needed for bonding of the sub base and shale surface. I have also heard that the electrics were removed and the work required to replace / reinstate the systems is substantial. I dont think Mr Horton is in a position to comment other than to the negative at this stage until the issues involving Sandhu and Brandon Estates are resolved.

From what I've been told electricians were in last week to make the site safe and are back in January to start work. I understand they will sort it easily within the time frame. Edited by woz01

Unless they dug into the hard track base that Coventry track has surely putting shale on top won't take long?

Unless they dug into the hard track base that Coventry track has surely putting shale on top won't take long?

Don`t think they would be taking great care to skim off the top surface, chances are they just got stuck in with a digger.

Don`t think they would be taking great care to skim off the top surface, chances are they just got stuck in with a digger.

Which would surely make the shale they dug up worthless. BV eventually laid a track in a couple of weeks. Other clubs have put down tracks in weeks. Coventry are hardly the first club to relay a track in the winter.

Seriously, if this was a real issue do you actually think that Coventry would have declared intent to run in the NL 24 hours ago?

Which would surely make the shale they dug up worthless. BV eventually laid a track in a couple of weeks. Other clubs have put down tracks in weeks. Coventry are hardly the first club to relay a track in the winter.

Seriously, if this was a real issue do you actually think that Coventry would have declared intent to run in the NL 24 hours ago?

Yes but that is just a BSPA/SGB press release isn't it Shawn?

• Like 2

Yes at Belle vue once they had fixed the base problem the track was relayed on the 3rd and 4th bend and was ready to race on in a few weeks with no further problems.

Strange things going on at the momment with Coventrys problems and Belle vue still in talks with the council as to wether they will run or not .Yet as you say both clubs have declaired to run next year as a joint team in the Nat league and i would presume will soon be putting a team together i just hope the Nat league anouncment is good news for both clubs.

All being well the team share will be a bit strange as Coventry have always been the team i have loved to hate but now i suppose a little part of me (the Nat league part) will have to learn to love to love ya.Strange sport speedway fingers crossed for both of us.Up the Stormy colts or whatever they are going to be called.

Yes but that is just a BSPA/SGB press release isn't it Shawn?

But what do you want Coventry to say? They have put the press release on the clubs website so they clearly agree with it. Right now, the club are behaving as if their are no problems now theres a few possible reasons for this. 1. They don't think there are any problems despite the fact they are because they're naive. 2. They don't want to rock the boat and add to the problems or 3. There are no problems. Everything is fine and we'll be running.

Lets hope its 3, if not it's 2 and we all just have to hope and pray but if things are in a dodgy situation Horton coming out and saying so isn't going to help is it? Maybe, just maybe for once Horton is doing the right thing by saying nothing. I'm of the opinion that all this crap right now stretched back to 2009/2010 when Trump couldn't wait to go to the press and bad mouth Matt Ford which lead to the winter of 2010/2011 and it's snowballed. Just say nothing, sit tight and hope that not rocking the boat will see things come good. I don't see what can be gained by Horton saying anything right now.

Edited by SCB

I agree with in as much as I don't expect anything to be said and as Blupanther says, they have probably been advised not to. I just don't think that press release indicates that the promotion has any intent to run in 2017.

• Like 1

Until Mick Horton declares Bees wont run obviously things have to proceed as normal

• Like 1

Brandon is a crime scene.

No work can commence until investigation is completed by Police & insurers

Speedway once again under threat

https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/brandon-estates-confirm-no-parties-involved-in-talks-amid-crime-scene-coventry-stadium-situation/

Brandon is a crime scene.

No work can commence until investigation is completed by Police & insurers

Speedway once again under threat

https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/brandon-estates-confirm-no-parties-involved-in-talks-amid-crime-scene-coventry-stadium-situation/

Well, sorry to appear a Merchant of Doom but that looks FUBAR BUNDY!

.......FUBAR BUNDY!

I don't know what that means but it looks to me like the cunning plan is working.

Edited by Gemini

I don't know what that means but it looks to me like the cunning plan is working.

F*cked Up Beyond All Repair But Unfortunately Not Dead Yet (Quite).

Sorry, military slang

Edited by Little Thumper
  • Like 1