British Speedway Forum

According to the radio this morning councillor Stokes was on and in part of the interview he mention that compulsory purchase could be an option?

• Like 2

What station was that on?

My brother phoned me and said he had just listened to it on the radio possibly Coventry and Warwick or Rugby fm I will ring him and find out

Nobody can blame Mick Horton for this. There's only one person responsible for the carnage seen in the photos.

The devastation seen in the photos was done for only one purpose. To make sure it was impossible for speedway to continue.

I wonder if it was possible for Horton to have a call to arms in January, where Bees fans could turn up on a weekend to help to get the stadium in some form of decency, at least to host racing even if it meant standing only.

Fans could give their time for the good of the club. There must be a chippy, sparky etc in the fanbase who could give their time for a season ticket etc.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 6

I'll think you will find many find Horton partly responsible for this. As in the radio interview by Heaver, had he just stuck to the deal agreed with even Sandhu footing the running costs then nothing would ever have been removed. Add this to the deal struck a few weeks ago where Sandhu agreed to put it all in good order why on earth would Brandon estates be concerned with the state of the place, they just want the land. Calling in the police when it's going to be fixed does what? It's a merry go round of who is the bad guy

Sandhu - sold it, should have had plan b in place before it was sold. Gutting the stadium

Brandon Estates- Have kept in the background till now, looking the good guys by allowing 3 extra years. Calling the police, press involved does nothing to bring good feeling, especially with the council I imagine considering all the time councillor Stokes has put in. Should have kept same agreement as this year with Sandhu leasing stadium if his goods make the place run.

Horton- was he backing Sandhu into a corner with the stox deal and it back fired? Lack of comment on recent events is very strange, More and more fans frustrated at the running of the club, Bomber going is more than a change of scenery I am sure, not a decent send off for such a highly thought of Bees rider.

It simply does not add up and Hortons silence through all this has been pivatol , the simple fact is he can not run Brandon on speedway alone, never was going to be able to do so. I would be surprised if Sandhu's sale contract is not water tight regarding the fixtures and fittings of the stadium, Horton has riders on contract with a big problem the longer this drags out. Stox can have a plan B but speedway doesn't. The loyal fans, the few of us that are left have just about had enough.

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 2

Has anybody got a track grader and a water bowser in their back yard they don`t want ?

Has anybody got a track grader and a water bowser in their back yard they don`t want ?

I think we need nick knowles and his merry men down there .

• Like 2

Nobody can blame Mick Horton for this. There's only one person responsible for the carnage seen in the photos.

The devastation seen in the photos was done for only one purpose. To make sure it was impossible for speedway to continue.

I wonder if it was possible for Horton to have a call to arms in January, where Bees fans could turn up on a weekend to help to get the stadium in some form of decency, at least to host racing even if it meant standing only.

Fans could give their time for the good of the club. There must be a chippy, sparky etc in the fanbase who could give their time for a season ticket etc.

Horton does have take some blame but where we are at present is that the stadium is not fit to run motorsport, there is only one person that's done that. It's the damage more than anything else that gets to me. Yes take your stuff but don't smash windows, break doors, rip wiring and damaged ceilings. That's just petty.

• Like 2

You couldn't make this up. An former owner trashes the stadium to ensure racing of any form is no longer possible.

A stadium and the land deliberately placed in an offshore company so that the directors and owners are hidden from public view.

Rugby council should kick them all in to touch and make it clear to all concerned that housing permission will never be granted.

• Like 3

I would love the Bees to run in 17.but it's not looking good.More than one to blame,it seems.Sandhu( ripping the stadium up),Horton(Don't seem bothered) and now Brandon Estates legal case(They must of know about the state of the place ages ago.We all did.Legal case will go on a while.Not much time left. :-(

Corporate vandalism of the highest order.

I believe your hatred of Sandhu predicts your posts. I am a Coventry supporter through and through and really don't have a clue who is at fault --- does anyone have the TRUE facts? All I know is that the fans and signed riders deserve an announcement -- Please put us out of the misery of the unknown.

• Like 4

Rugby council should kick them all in to touch and make it clear to all concerned that housing permission will never be granted.

It will though eventually won't it so everything is going according to plan so far. 250 houses wasn't it? I'm sure they'll be more than happy at the thought of all that council tax.

Guest GiveusaB

You can share our track(everybody else does) :t: ......we're the orphanage of speedway : )

I believe your hatred of Sandhu predicts your posts. I am a Coventry supporter through and through and really don't have a clue who is at fault --- does anyone have the TRUE facts? All I know is that the fans and signed riders deserve an announcement -- Please put us out of the misery of the unknown.

I don't hate Sandhu at all. But if he sent in a bunch of men to take his property, the men should have been under instructions to to take what is his and certainly not go on a vandalism rampage, which has happened as can be seen in the newspaper published photos.

Ultimately who were these men working for?

If I sent paid some guys to take my property back and they trashed the place, I would be responsible as these people work for me.

Lets see if Sandhu is good on his word and makes good the damaged caused.

• Like 3