British Speedway Forum

A few Poole fans seem to post negative thoughts and gloat on threads of clubs that are having problems.Just remember Poole fans Matt Ford has said himself that he won't be there forever.Before him you had years of crap teams and won sod all and a poor new promoter could take you back there,and as we know Poole fans only seem to support successful teams so your club could be one day at risk like many others you never know.The difference being mainly because of a few posters on here i don't think anyone will give a s&*T.

Edited by B.V 72

A few Poole fans seem to post negative thoughts and gloat on threads of clubs that are having problems.Just remember Poole fans Matt Ford has said himself that he won't be there forever.Before him you had years of crap teams and won sod all and a poor new promoter could take you back there,and as we know Poole fans only seem to support successful teams so your club could be one day at risk like many others you never know.The difference being mainly because of a few posters on here i don't think anyone will give a s&*T.

What Poole fans post negative thoughts and gloat at clubs in trouble? I am on here most days and haven't seen it.

I'd love to be wrong but to me it seems blindingly obvious there will be no speedway at Coventry this year. The damage was part vandalism and someone with keys wants that stadium knocked down.

You can't write that on here. Stevebrum will be outraged.

However, Horton is now in charge and has the keys so why no statement? Day two of his tenure and counting......

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

I'd love to be wrong but to me it seems blindingly obvious there will be no speedway at Coventry this year. The damage was part vandalism and someone with keys wants that stadium knocked down.

Have to agree with you and if certain people want the stadium closed , then there's nobody more qualified than Mick Horton to oversee a closure. I hope I am wrong as it would be a sad day to lose Coventry .

• Like 1

Reading posts from Steve Shovlar about Coventry would be a bit like reading a Vladimir Putin post on the historic architecture of Allepo. Perhaps that's down to his infamous post with a "tastefully" crafted picture of road layout for Brandon after Sandhu took over many years ago. His contributions do not come without a certain history and what appears to be a general loathing of Coventry. As a Bees fan I am a grateful for the sympathy expressed by many. From steve Shovlar - well, leave it out please!

• Like 4

Reading posts from Steve Shovlar about Coventry would be a bit like reading a Vladimir Putin post on the historic architecture of Allepo. Perhaps that's down to his infamous post with a "tastefully" crafted picture of road layout for Brandon after Sandhu took over many years ago. His contributions do not come without a certain history and what appears to be a general loathing of Coventry. As a Bees fan I am a grateful for the sympathy expressed by many. From steve Shovlar - well, leave it out please!

Be careful what you ask for. Steve was doing things off his own back.. Brums just a wind up merchant and remember what team he supports... ;)

Edited by Starman2006

Be careful what you ask for. Steve was doing things off his own back.. Brums just a wind up merchant and remember what team he supports... ;)

Haven't asked for anything - and certainly would not expect anything remotely symapthetic from certain diections. If you meant something different then please enlighten me. The situation at Coventry is pretty dire. It is a well supported club and many will be feeling paricularly apprenhensive at the moment. If Poole were in the same situation - and don't read anythingin that supposition - then I would be careful not to rub salt into anyone's wounds by making superior comments in a Poole thread about how well my team is managed. I did at one time support Reading before returning to Coventry.

But hey, perhaps I might comment if I had a signature for my posts like "Always a Bee, never a fan of rule bending, speedway shaming, self-centred, cheating team". But then again, like many on this forum I have a bit more class!

Edited by bluebee
  • Like 1

But hey, perhaps I might comment if I had a signature for my posts like "Always a Bee, never a fan of rule bending, speedway shaming, self-centred, cheating team". But then again, like many on this forum I have a bit more class!

Prove that can you.. No, i thought not, so Shudup..

Prove that can you.. No, i thought not, so Shudup..

Why do you answer your own questions? I suppose that's what you're used to doing. It has been well documented that Poole have bent rules, consdiered only their own interests (after all Matt Ford stated as much at the beginning of last season) and have had mysteriously poor performances, pulled out of matches - conveniently - and there have been many other instances well documented for almost every season for at least 5 or more years. Please don't bother replying to me as I will take your advice and "Shudup" - usually spelt with two d's but that's a bit pedantic (hope that's not too obscure a word for you!)

And I would suggest you do the same and leave this thread along with your putrid signature.

• Like 2

Really, ok then. When Midland Red answers my question i will, if theres something worth talking about..

bluebee puts it much better than me in his post above

Edited by Midland Red

The future of a famous English speedway club is in doubt and all posters on this forum do is . . .

You should be ashamed of yourselves, one and all.

• Like 4

bluebee puts it much better than me in his post above

Shame you couldn't answer for yourself though..

Why do you answer your own questions? I suppose that's what you're used to doing. It has been well documented that Poole have bent rules, consdiered only their own interests (after all Matt Ford stated as much at the beginning of last season) and have had mysteriously poor performances, pulled out of matches - conveniently - and there have been many other instances well documented for almost every season for at least 5 or more years. Please don't bother replying to me as I will take your advice and "Shudup" - usually spelt with two d's but that's a bit pedantic (hope that's not too obscure a word for you!)

And I would suggest you do the same and leave this thread along with your putrid signature.

Documented by who, the likes of you.. Get a life mate. Like i said, you are guessing like all the others. where's your proof.

surely the most important thing is that we don't lose another long established club from the speedway ranks I am not a Coventry supporter we lost our beloved cheetahs years ago along with other fine clubs , what is not needed is stupid remarks or posts not all Coventry and Poole fans are fools so please get behind these clubs that are struggling they need support more now than when they are winning, and as I always say with out other teams to beat you cant win sod all

• Like 4

Maybe Stevebrum can give us a list of topics we are allowed to reply to. :D

I would say you can reply to any topic and Poole fans can take over every thread but I'm a little too late for that. :wink:

End of the day fake outrage from Stevebrum to score some browny points, or is it brown nose points?

My post was completely honest and upfront, responding directly to a post by a Coventry supporter. Rather than jump on my post and state the bleeding obvious that Coventry have problems, there would have been no harm in actually debating the issue of social media in building up a support base. Many sports use this method, including Poole who seem to be pretty good at it.

But rather than discuss this area of the sport which could be improved on, Steve Brum faked some outrage to try and look like he was defending Coventry by throwing crap at an honest post of mine. Made himself look very silly.

Everyone can see thru the fake attempt of offering an answer when all you were doing were glorifying how good Poole do things.

You have a long standing dislike of Coventry and their fans so I note non of the Cov fans seem to believe you either. You would think once Cov fans start saying they aren't interested you would think you might leave it there. Oh well never mind.

Interesting to see that Poole came bottom of the speedway star programme awards last week. Look like Poole aren't the best at everything. :t:

You can't write that on here. Stevebrum will be outraged.

Think most people are outraged that there are 24 posts from Poole supporters on the last 4 pages of this thread. Maybe you might let them have their thread back sometime?

Be careful what you ask for. Steve was doing things off his own back..

here you go again. Just what was Shov 'doing off his own back' and 'went out of his way to help Coventry' you also mentioned the other day??

perhaps you can enlighten us Steve???

Brum even argues with his own fake Facebook profiles, he certainly isn't clever or awake enough (unless its 3:59am lol!) to be a wum.

More lies I see. Like anyone believes anything you say drop the cog.

• Like 1

Me too !!!! I'm of the same impression. I've been to Brandon more years than I care to remember and my feelings are sad at the demise of what was once the mecca of our sport. I prey, I am wrong, but until I see actual work being done I'm afraid, my feeling won't change......

Why have the 'Powers of B' allowed the sport to continue this downward spiral??? Surely they realised the danger of their self preservation attitude, would always end up this way...

I assume that most Coventry supporters are above the pathetic juvenile bickering on this thread. When I was a boy I longed for the day when my beloved Lions would be able to dominate the high flying Bees led by Olsen & co as I loathed the thumpings we seemed to be on the end of too often. After some 30 years we are competing in the same league again and I would be gutted if Coventry did not come to the tapes in March. Can't see how any 'grown up' would take any pleasure in the potential demise of another team in a sport which remains on its *rse.

• Like 2