British Speedway Forum

It's not lies and you know it, quite sad but also pleasingly schadenfreude.

You are a liar, and you know it.

I assume that most Coventry supporters are above the pathetic juvenile bickering on this thread. When I was a boy I longed for the day when my beloved Lions would be able to dominate the high flying Bees led by Olsen & co as I loathed the thumpings we seemed to be on the end of too often. After some 30 years we are competing in the same league again and I would be gutted if Coventry did not come to the tapes in March. Can't see how any 'grown up' would take any pleasure in the potential demise of another team in a sport which remains on its *rse.

I'm with you, even though I think one of the Teromaa's rode for Coventry, did he not?

Whatever. Coventry and Leicester locking horns gets the juices going, doesn't it? Cradley were a temporary diversion while you were away (and yes, I lament the loss of our Heathen friends in the senior division). Wolves were a kind of local enemy. And Poole; well we can't claim them as the old enemy, their everyone's nemesis (just kidding Steve).

The thought that we might yet revive the East Midlands Bowl at the start of the season, when we can shout our hearts out, especially at those "other" supporters, keeps me on the side of optimism for our current predicament. Leicester looks safe. Very good. Now just the other half of that equation to sort out.

There are some powerful forces at work and not all of them selfish. We can be there in March. Keep the faith.

You are a liar, and you know it.

Oh ffs I'll let you guys get on with it as I have a life to get on with. How many people/anoraks on here have arguing for the sake of it (hobbies and interests section?) on their CV?

P.S. Sorry guys and galls, I must be getting old. I had to check, but I was right. Pepe Teromaa rode for the Bees in 1975.

[i hope I'm doing enough to get this thread back on track. Hint]

Edited by False dawn

This is the most boring thread on this forum.

Let me spell it out B.O.R.I.N.G.

Boring people talking to other Boring people.

Coventry Speedway is doomed,just deal with it and move on.

There will be no reprieve

Coventry Speedway is doomed

I have news for you. British Speedway is doomed.

Especially with attitudes like that.

• Like 1

I'm with you, even though I think one of the Teromaa's rode for Coventry, did he not?

Whatever. Coventry and Leicester locking horns gets the juices going, doesn't it? Cradley were a temporary diversion while you were away (and yes, I lament the loss of our Heathen friends in the senior division). Wolves were a kind of local enemy. And Poole; well we can't claim them as the old enemy, their everyone's nemesis (just kidding Steve).

The thought that we might yet revive the East Midlands Bowl at the start of the season, when we can shout our hearts out, especially at those "other" supporters, keeps me on the side of optimism for our current predicament. Leicester looks safe. Very good. Now just the other half of that equation to sort out.

There are some powerful forces at work and not all of them selfish. We can be there in March. Keep the faith.

My last post was obviously not aimed at people like your self False Dawn! You are absolutely right with regard to Pepe Teromaa's stint with the Bees (I'd forgotten about Ila's little brother!). I'm now so mellow that I could cope with the odd defeat to the Bees as opposed to never seeing Brandon again! (Did I really just say that?).

I'm now so mellow that I could cope with the odd defeat to the Bees

Hey, we're two sides of the same coin. Diametrically opposed and at the same time on the same side. Paradoxical? No not really. Just true speedway fans who love our team.

P.S. it's dawn as in the time of day

I assume that most Coventry supporters are above the pathetic juvenile bickering on this thread. When I was a boy I longed for the day when my beloved Lions would be able to dominate the high flying Bees led by Olsen & co as I loathed the thumpings we seemed to be on the end of too often. After some 30 years we are competing in the same league again and I would be gutted if Coventry did not come to the tapes in March. Can't see how any 'grown up' would take any pleasure in the potential demise of another team in a sport which remains on its *rse.

You are correct in your assumption. Coventry Bees fans just want to hear what is happening next season . I personally don't give a stuff for MOST of the Poole fans who claim to be concerned about our situation. A decision is all I hope for at this present time and my concern for the signed riders.

• Like 1

Oh ffs I'll let you guys get on with it as I have a life to get on with. How many people/anoraks on here have arguing for the sake of it (hobbies and interests section?) on their CV?

Feel free to contribute or get on with your life.

I hope, like all the bees fans that they get some good news in the coming days and weeks.

I haven't given up on the Bees opening their league winning campaign in March.

But is it the end if that doesn't come to pass? We all know how legal disputes drag on. But it's also clear that The powers that be ain't going to allow houses to be built for a year or three yet.

If we don't make March, what then? A temporary licence suspension. Open meetings (a Greg Hancock home coming?) who knows. This is a long way from over.

Now the country is getting back to normality I guess we will hear this week whether any work on the stadium has/hasn't started

• Like 1

Sorry if some Bees fans aren't interested, but this Poole fan sincerely hopes - and truly believes - that Coventry will come to tapes at Brandon in 2017!!

There, I've said it.

• Like 5

Well, I hope but I don't believe. :neutral:

.......False dawn.......If we don't make March, what then? A temporary licence suspension. Open meetings (a Greg Hancock home coming?) who knows. This is a long way from over.

Do you really think fans would bother to attend open meetings just because it is Speedway? I hope you are right but personally I wouldn't drive up the M69 to watch Greg Hancock in a meeting that doesn't really mean anything. It's league racing only for me.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 3