Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

More pontification from the Sandhu camp then?! Surprise surprise.

For them to suggest the Speedway doesn't want Stox is ludicrous. What they are playing silly buggers at is the terms of the lease offered by Horton!!

Having gone from dictating the terms (when they owned the stadium) to accepting another's terms under a speedway-controlled lease is what this is all about!

I don't know the terms of the new lease offered by Horton - they may be unrealistic, they may not. For Sandhu to claim he only took the equipment that was his - without any regard for the damage caused - to use at a new stadium ie equally ludicrous. Even if there were real plans for a new stadium somewhere, it wouldn't be ready in time for a 2017 season anyway so why rip the equipment out now?

If Stox are to run at other existing venues then they will already be equipped and the Brandon fixtures and fittings would be superfluous in the short term.

Lets hope the Council (Cllr Stokes?), Brandon and Horton can come up with a deal that suits the speedway and also gets the equipment reinstated as promised by Sandhu.

With regard to other stadiums for Stock Car Racing, what ever happened to Skegness Stadium, over at Ingoldmells?

Sad news this but as Steve pointed out not unexpected . Lets hope something can be sorted out to accomodate speedway. With BV also not sorted its a worrying time.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

To the protagonists, Horton, Sandhu etc, I don't have the time of day for them.

To the BSPA for allowing this to fester on and on, well, what needs saying that hasn't been said already?

It's the fans and riders I feel sorry for. Spare a thought for the fans, not only those at Coventry who will lose their team and who will be the main losers, but those away fans who simply can't plan out their travels, as the mess at Coventry and Belle Vue inevitably delays the BSPA from issuing of a fixture list that they need to sort out when to go where, not just to the Coventry fixture, but to every other venue in the country.

Spare a thought also for 7 riders signed up for the 2017 season, some of which could have turned down alternative employment to commit to Coventry. Let's hope that their livelihoods won't be affected for too long and that they can get a gig at another team as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Very crass comment, especially from someone who was so critical of Shovlar a few pages back. In my eyes this is a bigger piece of trolling than anything he said

Really?

So, Sandhu didn't sell the land and remove his goods??

My own personal opinion has nothing to do with hoping that this mess can't be sorted.

You have a warped idea what trolling is then.

• Like 1

what is his goods thou?

to my old knowledge those floodlights were there pre 2004 (ie sandhu) so unless they have been specifically split out then they are part of the stadium and not "his goods" similarly the seats they are 30 years old!

also didnt we have a meeting a few years back that paid for the air fencing? again this implies its part of the stadium!

Was it definitely on the lease or any agreement that fixture and fittings were to be left?

I distrust Horton more than Sandhu tbh.

Heaver saying it was sold for £2.2m and a new stadium would cost £5m makes no sense to me. That's £2.8 million extra Sandhu has to put in even though he had a perfectly good stadium in the first place.

Was it definitely on the lease or any agreement that fixture and fittings were to be left?

I distrust Horton more than Sandhu tbh.

Brandon Estates claim the fixture and fittings belongs to them so I guess Horton rightly or wrongly went along with that.

what is his goods thou?

to my old knowledge those floodlights were there pre 2004 (ie sandhu) so unless they have been specifically split out then they are part of the stadium and not "his goods" similarly the seats they are 30 years old!

also didnt we have a meeting a few years back that paid for the air fencing? again this implies its part of the stadium!

Surely he would own everything in the stadium, unless stated otherwise.

If Horton didn't mess Sandhu about in the first place then he wouldn't have ripped everything out! Or am I being too naive?

what is his goods thou?

Fans contributed to the air fence and they got their name on them for the contribution.

couldnt they have done something similar to swindon ie major housing development and brand new smaller stadium all on the site, throw in a couple of community projects to sweeten the planners? probably whats going to happen at poole,revamped stadium and a few blocks of flats in the car park

couldnt they have done something similar to swindon ie major housing development and brand new smaller stadium all on the site, throw in a couple of community projects to sweeten the planners? probably whats going to happen at poole,revamped stadium and a few blocks of flats in the car park

I do not like the Poole situation, as I bet whoever lives there will claim it is too noisy!!

It's something Cllr Stokes alluded to at a meeting as he doubts 250 houses would ever be allowed on the site.

Fans contributed to the air fence and they got their name on them for the contribution.

i know my name is on one!

It's something Cllr Stokes alluded to at a meeting as he doubts 250 houses would ever be allowed on the site.

MP for Rugby Mark Pawsey also said in the Speedway Star a couple of weeks ago that his preferred option would be a scheme similar to Swindons where part of the site would be developed and room left for the Speedway.

It all looks very bleak at the moment pleased that Leicester and Belle Vue look like running .

I suppose all we can do is wait for the outcome of the meeting with Messrs Horton and Stokes next week.

Fingers crossed for a positive update then.