British Speedway Forum

Just got back. From Brandon.

I had some business today in Grantham and came back via Leicester, Coventry, M40, A34, and found myself at the tgi Friday roundabout at the bottom of Binley Woods. So I turned right and went a mile up the road to have a look for myself.

The place is completely closed up. No one home. Barriers to car park locked up so couldn't see anything.

Thought I would pass on this completely useless piece of information.

If you turned right at TGIs coming back from Grantham, you will have been heading into Coventry, so it can't have been Coventry Stadium you saw - perhaps it was Copsewood Sports Ground

Just proves that one can't believe a word you write!

Shove off!

• Like 7

If you turned right at TGIs coming back from Grantham, you will have been heading into Coventry, so it can't have been Coventry Stadium you saw - perhaps it was Copsewood Sports Ground

Shove off!

Well spotted

• Like 1

I had some business today in Grantham and came back via Leicester, Coventry, M40, A34, and found myself at the tgi Friday roundabout at the bottom of Binley Woods. So I turned right and went a mile up the road to have a look for myself.

The place is completely closed up. No one home. Barriers to car park locked up so couldn't see anything.

Fair play to you

Ok I turned left to the stadium. Dear oh dear knitpicking. There was a white van parked in the stadium and wooden giraffes at the country store/garden centre at the roundabout opposite tgi Fridays . The underpass is now open at the pain in the butt roundabout when heading towards Warwick.

Proof enough? Lol!

Shove off!

I think Steve knows where Brandon stadium is!!

• Like 1

Nitpicking (or knitpicking as Mr Shoveller calls it) - it's Coventry Stadium, not Brandon Stadium, even though the website calls it wrong

Edited by Midland Red
  • Like 1

Coventry Motor Speedway actually. Although that name never really took off, did it?

But that's just knitpicnicking eh?

It was pretty much like that when I stopped by and parked in Speedway Lane recently. The guard dog didn't seem too keen on me peeping through various gaps in the fencing though!

Thanks for the useless piece of information. :t:

• Like 1

Thanks for the useless piece of information. :t:

Well there might have been gypsies in the car park or bulldozers so better to report nothing going on than something more sinister.

Once again Mr Shoveller has come onto the Coventry thread, and failed to add anything useful to the discussions, even giving factually incorrect information

Well there might have been gypsies in the car park or bulldozers so better to report nothing going on than something more sinister.

What?

Edited by Midland Red
  • Like 3

Once again Mr Shoveller has come onto the Coventry thread, and failed to add anything useful to the discussions, even giving factually incorrect information

What?

And once again because it's Steve Shovlar people go mad.

He's done something honest in not knowing his left from right and actually went out of his way to check out the stadium for himself.

All he'd done is said what he'd seen.

The only people not adding to the thread are the posters reacting wrongly (yet again) to Shovlar's visual update.

• Like 5

I think Steve also knows where TGI Friday's is as he has been there many times before Coventry v Poole meetings.

......WembleyLion......The guard dog didn't seem too keen on me peeping through various gaps in the fencing though!

Ah..... that would be Hank who could kill with one bite. :lol:

......Stevebrum......Thanks for the useless piece of information.

It's not really useless though is it? There could have been lorries in the car park with new floodlights, poles, fencing and 100 men working inside the stadium making sure everything will be okay when the Speedway season starts. As it happens there is zilch going on but at least we know now because we get told bugger all by anyone else.

Edited by Gemini

And once again because it's Steve Shovlar people go mad.

He's done something honest in not knowing his left from right and actually went out of his way to check out the stadium for himself.

All he'd done is said what he'd seen.

The only people not adding to the thread are the posters reacting wrongly (yet again) to Shovlar's visual update.

He didn't go out of his way, he was in the area. Different thing. :rofl:

There is nothing to report, which is what he reported. No point going overboard about a comment from someone who saw nothing.

I might have been more impressed if he reported that Sandhu and Horton meet him there to give personal updates.

I'm in the Coventry area this weekend. But I assume if I went I'd see nothing as well.