British Speedway Forum

Only my opinion of course but I think it was all over on November 30th and I have been pessimistic about the outcome since then. I feel really sorry for the longstanding fans who have been kept in the dark and have no idea what is happening. I first started to support Coventry in 1984 so not so long as some and I have always got Leicester just a few miles up the road if I want to watch some Speedway but for others it will probably be the end and a few hundred more lost to the sport.

Okay someone cheer me up. :neutral:

• Like 1

Only my opinion of course but I think it was all over on November 30th and I have been pessimistic about the outcome since then. I feel really sorry for the longstanding fans who have been kept in the dark and have no idea what is happening. I first started to support Coventry in 1984 so not so long as some and I have always got Leicester just a few miles up the road if I want to watch some Speedway but for others it will probably be the end and a few hundred more lost to the sport.

Okay someone cheer me up. :neutral:

Didn't realise just how close the two tracks are. I drove past the turning for Beaumont Leys and 25 minutes later I was outside Brandon. If Coventry don't run Leicester is very close to watch some racing. Clearly it won't be the same but better than nothing. Trouble is that its not the same as watching your own club though you could support the oppostion.

In the whole I have always looked forward to my trips to Brandon due to the quite intense rivalry and this will be sorely missed if Coventry don't run.

Makes you wonder where the loan fee money Rye House have paid has gone then?

One of the highest 'away' average lads must have been worth the floodlights at Brandon, £2grand?

stevebrum, on 07 Jan 2017 - 12:22 AM, said:

He isn't, he is a Coventry asset.

What's this all about?

Discussion on the Belle Vue thread, I believe. The reply may have been posted here inadvertently.

Good luck with the fight to keep the Bees going. You are lucky in the fact you have options of going elsewhere if it were Poole to close down I'd really have to think about giving up altogether as our nearest is Swindon that is 2 hours away with good traffic, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone not following there chosen team.

Good luck with the fight to keep the Bees going. You are lucky in the fact you have options of going elsewhere

Yep, and there best option is as ive said a thousand times Leicester. Not ideal but its still speedway and your team.. Still Coventry fans will have none of it. So one would assume they have given up..

Good luck with the fight to keep the Bees going. You are lucky in the fact you have options of going elsewhere if it were Poole to close down I'd really have to think about giving up altogether as our nearest is Swindon that is 2 hours away with good traffic, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone not following there chosen team.

• Like 2

Yep, and there best option is as ive said a thousand times Leicester. Not ideal but its still speedway and your team.. Still Coventry fans will have none of it. So one would assume they have given up..

It wouldn't be 'our' team though would it. :rolleyes: You don't seem able to grasp the fact that Coventry and Leicester are arch rivals ~ a bit like Wolves and Cradley in the past or Poole and.....well just about everyone. Neither set of fans would be keen on a Coventry side riding at Beaumont Park, it would have to be a Leicester team or nothing. Quite possibly a few Bees riders will end up there but they will be riding for the Lions if they do.

It wouldn't be 'our' team though would it. :rolleyes: You don't seem able to grasp the fact that Coventry and Leicester are arch rivals ~ a bit like Wolves and Cradley in the past or Poole and.....well just about everyone. Neither set of fans would be keen on a Coventry side riding at Beaumont Park, it would have to be a Leicester team or nothing. Quite possibly a few Bees riders will end up there but they will be riding for the Lions if they do.

he dosent get im afraid

Starry ,The crowds would not be viable at Leicester though would they?

I would imagine at very best 50% down on current levels which are hardly great.

Our only chance of Speedway this year is to remain at Brandon ,there will never be a new stadium as many have already stated.

Up the bees.

Edited by naffer
  • Like 1

The other fact is that whilst there's only half an hour between the Coventry and Leicester stadiums not all fans are local.

I know a number of fans that come from half an hour or more away in the opposite direction to Leicester. These fans are a lot less likely to make the trip to Leicester regularly

he dosent get im afraid

Starman would get it more if you used football teams rivalry like Southampton and Portsmouth ;) Ask him if he would mind Saints players being at Fratton Park :D

Doesn't that lady with the dogs do Leicester and Coventry

Thats Gemini.

• Like 1

You got a better solution then.

he dosent get im afraid

No niether do you by the sounds of it.

Starry ,The crowds would not be viable at Leicester though would they?

I would imagine at very best 50% down on current levels which are hardly great.

Our only chance of Speedway this year is to remain at Brandon ,there will never be a new stadium as many have already stated.

Up the bees.

As ive said, have you got a better solution. Even your estiemed leader Neil Watson never posts on here now that must tell you a story.

All this has been in the pipeline now for several years. Yes very sad i know.

If Brandon gets flatterned the developers are only interested in one thing. I wonder what that is ?

There is no easy solution that's why it has dragged on for several years ,a site was muted not far from Brandon but that application was turned down by Rugby BC.

With all the in fighting between the stox and Speedway now it's a divided cause as well .

The only solution would be for Sandhu and Horton to make up and be all kissy Kissy and Rugby BC to grow a pair and sort out a compromise deal at Brandon or find an alternative plot of land for Brandon Estates to develop leaving Brandon alone altogether.

If their is a political will to do this is the question ,more money in houses and council tax income I suppose.