British Speedway Forum

And now they are going to share with the rugby team i believe.

They rent the Ricoh Arena from Wasps. Rumours they will move to the home of Coventry Rugby's Butts Park Arena but that'll need serious renovation. The move to Northampton didn't work at all, most games only 2,000 attended.

Edited by woz01

Over 10,000 people have got in touch with Rugby Council about the issues at Brandon.

..........more than Councillor Stokes had ever experienced over any other issue. For the benefit of those forum members who think the supporters are taking this lying down!

• Like 3

..........more than Councillor Stokes had ever experienced over any other issue. For the benefit of those forum members who think the supporters are taking this lying down!

We certainly haven't taking it lying down. We've had meetings with the relevant people over the last couple of years, shame only one party has failed to attend any so far. Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Over 10,000 people have got in touch with Rugby Council about the issues at Brandon.

If 10,000 people went through the turnstiles at Brandon on a regular basis instead of writing to Rugby Council, I doubt whether we'd be in this position now.

If I were Councillor Stokes, and I had to spend a disproportionate amount of time sorting this mess out, I'd insist that the team bear the name of the town that's doing the sorting out. What's Coventry Council done to deserve the Bee's name? Far better that they become the Rugby (insert preferred name here) than maintain the name of the neighbouring authority.

• Like 1

If 10,000 people went through the turnstiles at Brandon on a regular basis instead of writing to Rugby Council, I doubt whether we'd be in this position now.

If I were Councillor Stokes, and I had to spend a disproportionate amount of time sorting this mess out, I'd insist that the team bear the name of the town that's doing the sorting out. What's Coventry Council done to deserve the Bee's name? Far better that they become the Rugby (insert preferred name here) than maintain the name of the neighbouring authority.

Coventry council don't claim the Bees name do they? It's not even in their jurisdiction so not sure what they can do in this situation? They can only help if there is a new site is available. Poor that you find it so easy to suggest a name change, it's not like the local economy don't benefit from having the stadium there. Cllr Stokes is trying all he can because he knows how much COVENTRY Bees and COVENTRY Stox can help the area. Edited by woz01

Under no circumstances should Coventry be allowed to race at Beaumont Park......Would Leicester City have Nottingham Forest share the King Power, no way Jose!

Keep Coventry out!!!.

Don't worry as I doubt very much if that will happen. I bet you won't say no to using riders from the Coventry team though? :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Coventry council don't claim the Bees name do they? It's not even in their jurisdiction so not sure what they can do in this situation? They can only help if there is a new site is available. Poor that you find it so easy to suggest a name change, it's not like the local economy don't benefit from having the stadium there. Cllr Stokes is trying all he can because he knows how much COVENTRY Bees and COVENTRY Stox can help the area.

Bear in mind that once upon a time they were the Brandon Bees...there's nothing about Coventry that is sacrosanct.

What about the local newspaper? Dont they have an investigation team?

They have been in contact with Brandon estates, so who are they?

Very suprised the paper hasn't reported a lot more rather than wait for information to come to them.

Steve it will go, along with Kempton park. Think of all those houses and council tax.

Don't worry as I doubt very much if that will happen. I bet you won't say no to using riders from the Coventry team though? :rolleyes:

only Garrity the rest are pants!

Yeah that British Champ is awful isnt he!!

• Like 4

Coventry council don't claim the Bees name do they? It's not even in their jurisdiction so not sure what they can do in this situation? They can only help if there is a new site is available. Poor that you find it so easy to suggest a name change, it's not like the local economy don't benefit from having the stadium there. Cllr Stokes is trying all he can because he knows how much COVENTRY Bees and COVENTRY Stox can help the area.

it was BRANDON Bees till Coventry nicked it

Yeah that British Champ is awful isnt he!!

Actually he is awfull.....symptomatic of all British riders most of them are second rate!

Yes but how many years ago was that? Must be 70 years. Would it be worth potentially alienating a large part of the fan base with a change of name considering Speedway is struggling for fans as it is?

I read now that Cllr Stokes is considering a Compulsory Purchase Order for the stadium.

I read now that Cllr Stokes is considering a Compulsory Purchase Order for the stadium.

Pie in the sky, would never get backing from the local council or the tax payer!

• Like 2