Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Well one thing is for sure - judging by Dave Darcy's 2 pages in the Star this week, there's no way Coventry will be sharing with Leicester in 2017!!!

• Like 1

Well one thing is for sure - judging by Dave Darcy's 2 pages in the Star this week, there's no way Coventry will be sharing with Leicester in 2017!!!

Yes and that is the way it should be

...I actually feel for Neil and Mick here. Say something and it goes wrong and they look stupid, say nothing and it looks like they don't know what they're doing so must be stupid...

Are you saying that Rule #26 applies?

Maybe they should stick to rule #2?

(and I see Speedway Star are featured in rule #4 lol)

058-079.jpg

Edited by uk martin
  • Like 1

maybe not the Coventry club but I think most of the riders signed by Horton will make the bulk of the Lions team .

So isn't it this the last day to state intent of running if so is a statement by BSPA coming or do we have to wait till a week before the season starts before anyone says anything.

I never understood where all this talk of them sharing always came from as Horton said last year it wouldn't be happening

• Like 1

I never understood where all this talk of them sharing always came from as Horton said last year it wouldn't be happening

Starman

.......Starman.

Yes it's him that keeps banging on about Coventry using Leicester's track. There was never any intention of doing this by the promotion and it's certainly not what either set of fans want.

So isn't it this the last day to state intent of running if so is a statement by BSPA coming or do we have to wait till a week before the season starts before anyone says anything.

BSPA said we will get more news early next week.

• Like 1

I am sorry to say that I have heard from a reliable source that the Coventry riders have in the past 48 hours been told by Mick Horton to start looking for a new job.

Maybe Neil Watson can do the decent and correct thing and either CONFIRM or DENY this?

And before anyone starts to defend Coventry Speedway's stance on staying silent (which seems to be only with the fans in this case), I do not see how this would interfere with any legal technicalities if still ongoing.

• Like 1

I am sorry to say that I have heard from a reliable source that the Coventry riders have in the past 48 hours been told by Mick Horton to start looking for a new job.

Maybe Neil Watson can do the decent and correct thing and either CONFIRM or DENY this?

And before anyone starts to defend Coventry Speedway's stance on staying silent (which seems to be only with the fans in this case), I do not see how this would interfere with any legal technicalities if still ongoing.

I have no reason to disbelieve this unfortunately as I have heard the same.

The shale that was taken is now at belle vue stock car track. That's to me was a sign that things are over.

But until it's official let's pray that it's not true

I too have heard the same Bees riders free to look for another club

I don't like rumours they tend to be rubbish especially during this debacle but it does seem likely this is the end.

I have no reason to disbelieve this unfortunately as I have heard the same.

The shale that was taken is now at belle vue stock car track. That's to me was a sign that things are over.

But until it's official let's pray that it's not true

I understand the shale went to Stoke but it could have easily moved on elsewhere.

I was told exactly the same and again from a reliable source.

I was told the other day we would hear something today and that there was a meeting with the BSPA also today. As with everything else I brushed it aside but seems that at least some of it maybe correct. Now we have these rumours coming out it's the time for Coventry Speedway to confirm or deny this.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2