British Speedway Forum

What a sad state of affairs, feel for the fans & riders who are out of a job. Some may not have other clubs. I'm only basing this on K. Bjerre's response to a tweet....

BIG NEWS!

The latest Tweet on the BSPA web site, from no more than 25 minutes ago...

"EXACTLY ONE WEEK TO GO until 'Question Time with Keith Chapman' goes live on our Facebook page! Get your questions in! #askkeith"

Because that's all that matters today, isn't it?

I don't know why it is LIVE when the questions are being pre-submitted which sort of defies the object of LIVE.

Even MP's go on Question time and get LIVE questions thrown at them, which always makes for a more honest and frank discussion.

The reason they do it (in theory) is to show they have nothing to hide and attempt to build public trust.

Mr Watson i know that you cannot write a comment on this forum re whats going on at the club but i am going to write a comment if you press like it would put the riders moving on rumours to bed.

The rumour that riders have been told to look for another job is B/S.

More chance of getting blood out of a stone by the looks of it!

• Like 2

Oh do shut up, you moron!

One of these days someone will put you on your arse and it won't be a moment too soon!

That's high praise !

• Like 1

What a sad state of affairs, feel for the fans & riders who are out of a job. Some may not have other clubs. I'm only basing this on K. Bjerre's response to a tweet....

A lot of the Coventry team are riding in the championship too, so at least they have something I suppose.

Any Coventry owned rider will automatically have their contacts taken over by the BSPA who will then listen to offers to buy the riders contact or to loan him for a fee.

Sad day for Coventry Bees and British Speedway

A lot of the Coventry team are riding in the championship too, so at least they have something I suppose.

Five of the team are signed up for the lower leagues, so they have a bit of fallback.

It is K Bjeere and J Sergeant who are left without a position anywhere at the moment.

Not sure who their contracts are with but will the riders be able to sue for a cancelled contract? as having been given one they were not able to contact any other club.

Edited by A ORLOV

Five of the team are signed up for the lower leagues, so they have a bit of fallback.

It is K Bjeere and J Sergeant who are left without a position anywhere at the moment.

Not sure who their contracts are with but will the riders be able to sue for a cancelled contract? as having been given one they were not able to contact any other club.

i imagine Bjerre will get fixed up because he is better than his average.

If Coventry do fold with the few teams left and the overall strength of the league really it wont be fit for purpose, what a complete mess this sport is in. Really feel for the Bees fans, if this is the end what a terrible way for one of the sports most famous names to finish on. Simple fact is speedway cant afford to lose Coventry Bees. I wonder if Bomber had an inkling when putting in his transfer request?

• Like 2

If Coventry do fold with the few teams left and the overall strength of the league really it wont be fit for purpose, what a complete mess this sport is in. Really feel for the Bees fans, if this is the end what a terrible way for one of the sports most famous names to finish on. Simple fact is speedway cant afford to lose Coventry Bees. I wonder if Bomber had an inkling when putting in his transfer request?

of course Bomber knew and Havelock they knew the ship had sank .

No great shock, Speedway's had the last rights read, there are just not enough people who want to watch , whatever it is that the BSPA call Speedway.

And don't think a fancy oil system and Rev limiter will solve any of the problems faced by the Sport.

• Like 1

Apparently a source within the Coventry team have denied being told to look for another team

• Like 2

One source in denial, and 3 or 4 other sources quoted by people on previous pages that confirm the same thing. So on the balance of probabilities...??? :neutral:

The thing is, that one simple tweet by either Coventry Bees or the BSPA (it's the same people who do it for both at the end of the day) to the effect that all Coventry riders have safe jobs to look forward to, would quash all the "rumours" eminating from "sources" stone dead in their tracks.

Edited by uk martin

if you had a brain you would realise that is what I am saying everyone is guessing

If you had any sort of brain you would have said that in the first place.. But no, you tried to make yourself look cleaver..

Edited by Starman2006