Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

You so miss the point and the discussion on every thing you post.

Do everyone a favour and let the adults have a chat.........ironic that you cant spell clever!

Lets hope something can be done and soon.

The sport without its 2 biggest names , Coventry and Belle Vue, would hardly be a sport at all

He doesn't even get the joke i made as Lisa pointed out! Even after Lisa pointed it out he still doesn't get it!

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

There is simply no excuse for either the Supremo or the BSPA to continue to keep fans in the dark. Even if they were under some legal restrictions there is no reason that they should not say something.

Starman and Gavan, this is not the place to continue your pathetic petty squabbling. Please button it.

Neither Coventry fans or speedway fans in general are the slightest bit interested in your continuous boring arguments at this time.

Thank you.

• Like 4

In very important and breaking news on Twitter, the BSPA have tried cheering speedway fans up by asking them to reminisce over the demised Telford Ice meeting that used to grace the winter months.

There, I hope everyone is feeling better for that.

Or 3 say hes been advised not to make any comment

Danny Kings mechanic (I think it is) says as far as hes aware it not true at all that riders have been told to look elsewhere

Bruv has been with Danny today and as it stands right now he is still signed to the Bees and isnt looking or able to sign elsewhere as the official line is still that Coventry will run.
  • Like 3

Bruv has been with Danny today and as it stands right now he is still signed to the Bees and isnt looking or able to sign elsewhere as the official line is still that Coventry will run.

Let's hope that this is true and their is still a glimmer of hope.

As I say I it heard from a reliable source, not directly from Mick Horton or anyone else at the BSPA.

Very sad news to lose a club. Sandhu finally getting his way. And to think some actually supported him on here.

Feel for the riders, some of whom will miss out on a job, and feel for the long suffering Coventry fans who had to watch their club slowly wrecked by someone only interested in building houses. The removal of assets at Coventry Stadium was an act of vandalism with the sole purpose of bringing about this result.

You really have got it in for Mr Sandhu, haven't you. Remind me who won the Elite League in 2010 and who was the club owner - and how the speedway authorities rewarded him for his success? Maybe if they'd acted differently we wouldn't be where we are today.

Avtar Sandhu made no secret he bought the stadium for redevelopment, but the economic climate made that unviable in the short term. He could have let the site become derelict, but instead he invested and we have had a further 7 seasons of speedway and stox under his ownership. Also a further 7 years to find an alternative venue, 'cos we knew this was coming at some point.

Doubt we'll ever find out the truth behind the current shambles, but I'm quite sure all parties bear some responsibility.

Wouldn't it be funny if Sandhu's stox meetings now got contunuously disrupted by Coventry fans.

Not that I would condone this in any way, shape or form.

Speedway fans would be outnumbered 5 to 1 so I doubt anyone would notice - but I follow both sports and please don't think the stox fans are any less p****ed off than the speedway fans.

Edited by Man in black
  • Like 2

Rubbish. Its his business he can say what he likes. He could release a press release saying, "as fans of Coventry bees are well aware, there has been some very delicate negotiations taking place at this time. As we cannot openly discuss the current situation, please be aware we are doing everything in our power to bring the Bees to tapes at the start of the 2017 speedway season".

There you go. Easy. The fact this hasn't happens only leads to one conclusion.

Anything being said can impact any negotiations, especially as it seems their is obvious dispute. I meant that he could say that he knows it's frustrating for the fans but he's been advised not to comment on negotiations and he remains committed to run. Simple. It's complex and not between just two people. Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

.....Steve Shovler...If you were Mick Horton and the local rage called you up, asking if it was true that Coventry speedway has finished, what would you do?.

Personally I'd ask them to calm down first. :wink:

• Like 3

Let's hope that this is true and their is still a glimmer of hope.

As I say I it heard from a reliable source, not directly from Mick Horton or anyone else at the BSPA.

unfortunately doesnt mean a guarantee it will turn out that way.

Bound to be more twists and turns in the sorry saga before the conclusion either way.

But at least there does appear to still be some hope

Just been down to Greggs and ordered a very large humble pie. So that if reliable sources turn out to be unreliable there will be plenty to go around.

• Like 1

Wonder when you'd turn up trying to win brownie points. :icon_smile_clown: I also think its bad try reading my posts, if you can read..

lol brownie points.

i go on lots of threads so dont tell me where and when i can post

He doesn't even get the joke i made as Lisa pointed out! Even after Lisa pointed it out he still doesn't get it!

i know he is so dense he cant even see it but we all get a laugh. Then he usually comes back with.........'just because i dont follow the sheep'.........no Starman your just not that bright!

But as i said back to Coventry and it really is galling that a top league doesnt have the name Coventry Bees in it.

As someone who started going speedway in the early 80's as a 5 year old (Rye House on a Sunday) the British League as it was then had an aura about it. These big sides with the big name riders that just seemed a world away from what i watched.

The top league of speedway and the big clubs will always be Cradley, Coventry , Belle Vue, these sides had that mystique that others didnt for me.

And next season we may see none of those at the tapes , and the top teams with not many top riders.

What has become of the sport we all loved

This could well be rumours and either way it's not surprising when the fans of Coventry and the sport in general are treated like out casts and not kept in the picture of what's going on. Sure there are certain things not allowed to be said or needs saying but look at the Bees website and it's as if there is nothing going on at all and Christmas just finished.

Even Mushrooms are at least fed manure while being kept in the dark, here the club mainly are treating the paying public with contempt and the lack of news is a disgrace and fuels such rumours when nothing is being said.

Good Luck to Coventry be it at Brandon, Beaumont Park or elsewhere and hope some resolve is sorted soon.

• Like 1

Rubbish. Its his business he can say what he likes. He could release a press release saying, "as fans of Coventry bees are well aware, there has been some very delicate negotiations taking place at this time. As we cannot openly discuss the current situation, please be aware we are doing everything in our power to bring the Bees to tapes at the start of the 2017 speedway season".

To be fair Steve, they have already said exactly that in their 'Festive Greeting' message on their website - as Neil Watson subsequently repeated on here.

There has also been an official tweet on Wednesday 11th Jan to say that there should be more news early next week!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

I think you're right in that some sort of statement could easily be made. However, he could equally easily say that Coventry won't be operating this (or any future) season. He hasn't done that, either.

You really have got it in for Mr Sandhu, haven't you. Remind me who won the Elite League in 2010 and who was the club owner - and how the speedway authorities rewarded him for his success? Maybe if they'd acted differently we wouldn't be where we are today.

Avtar Sandhu made no secret he bought the stadium for redevelopment, but the economic climate made that unviable in the short term. He could have let the site become derelict, but instead he invested and we have had a further 7 seasons of speedway and stox under his ownership. Also a further 7 years to find an alternative venue, 'cos we knew this was coming at some point.

Doubt we'll ever find out the truth behind the current shambles, but I'm quite sure all parties bear some responsibility.

Speedway fans would be outnumbered 5 to 1 so I doubt anyone would notice - but I follow both sports and please don't think the stox fans are any less p****ed off than the speedway fans.

Given that it was his workmen that did all the damage at the stadium and rendered it not fit for purpose - and anyone who actually believes that that was simply to retrieve assets needs to explain how ripping all the seats out, breaking them up and then dumping them in a skip is retrieving assets - I think it is down to Sandhu.

• Like 3