British Speedway Forum

A statement from James Crocker, lawyer for Brandon Estates, has confirmed that deal is now dead.

He said: I can expressly confirm that Mr Mick Horton did not take up the lease of Brandon Stadium on January 3, 2017.It would obviously be improper for me or my clients to comment on Mr Hortons decision. I can however say the decision not to take up the Lease was Mr Hortons and not Brandon Estates Ltd and Brandon Estates Ltd had offered a substantial and extremely generous sponsorship package to Mr Horton/Coventry Speedway Ltd.

The statement added 'I do not believe that a new lease will be entered into prior to the start of the forthcoming Speedway season'

I truely hope Mick Horton has an explanation for Coventry fans as to why he did not offer to loan the speedway promotion out to someone who would have been happy to take up the lease on what sound favourable terms?

Unless that is forthcoming I fear he will always be known as the man who shut down Coventry Speedway and not Mr Sandhu.

But maybe he would have taken up the lease if the fixtures had not been removed by Sandhu.

• Like 4

So Horton has been stringing everyone along then, the statement from the landlords is damming to Coventry's future unfortunately. Once again the fans, riders have been shafted.

But maybe he would have taken up the lease if the fixtures had not been removed by Sandhu.

I guess we will find out from the forthcoming statement from Mick... Sooner rather than later I hope

Hopefully this statement is correct unlike the riders released rumour you mentioned.

For the Bees fans, what a rocky journey it's been with mixed and positive statements coming from Horton and local press.

It's hard to know what to believe.

Can't believe you have used this opportunity to have a dig.... SAD MAN

As I said the other day no one would take on the lease with the stadium as it is. It's not fit for purpose. Sandhu now has the opportunity if he's willing.

• Like 3

The statement given by Mick then stating all parties are still talking ? Brandon estates now from the statement they have given seem they are just as puzzled why the lease was not signed.

Can Sandhu not just buy the Bees back, run stox and speedway with his facilities and put an end to this farce.

BSPA say they are hopeful and optimistic Coventry will be running. Is panto season not over ??

If speedway/stox run at Coventry next season they should thank/apologise each and every person who goes through them turnstiles as this is just embarrassing, to drag the good name of our club and stadium through the gutter and have no thought about anybody but themselves, pound signs and ego's.

Sure the rally cry will come to get behind the club... hand over our money and its like it never happened. Think attendances will show what people think to what they have done.

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 1

I think you'll find that the fixtures were remove because Horton hadn't signed the contract

Can Sandhu not just buy the Bees back, run stox and speedway with his facilities and put an end to this farce.

Why would he? He'd had enough of the sport and sold up, hes not likely to buy back into a sport and work with people he can't stand.

Can't believe you have used this opportunity to have a dig.... SAD MAN

Well you aren't known for knowing the facts are you?

You seem happy to attack me when it suits so therefore you must think it's fair game.

Anyway the majority of the post is the part that's relevant.

Still bigging up your part as per usual.

Move on and let the Bees bring it back to topic.

Why would he? He'd had enough of the sport and sold up, hes not likely to buy back into a sport and work with people he can't stand.

He doesn't have to be directly involved, if you want to look for a new site and you own both sports it helps, Rugby want to keep speedway, stox is mentioned a little but the Bees are the key to this. still a needle in a haystack but we need a stadium and we have somebody who wants to build one. Even though he bloody sold the site so we are in this mess in the first place.

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 1

It would also require the BSPA to decide that he was a 'fit and proper' person to hold a promoter's licence.

That would be an interesting discussion to eavesdrop!

• Like 1

As I said the other day no one would take on the lease with the stadium as it is. It's not fit for purpose. Sandhu now has the opportunity if he's willing.

Other than the cost of shale and lighting - what else about the stadium is not fit for purpose?

.....jchapman..........He said: I can expressly confirm that Mr Mick Horton did not take up the lease of Brandon Stadium on January 3, 2017.

No surprise really. Who in their right mind would sign a lease for a wrecked stadium. The parties concerned might just as well have issued a statement on December 1st after Sandhu's demolition job instead of keeping the fans and riders up in the air not knowing what's happening and giving us false hope.

• Like 5

And wouldn't he (or anyone else) need a BSPA Promoters LIcense, which if memory serves me right, he let lapse? I don't think that the BSPA will allow just any old Tom Dick or Harry take over at the helm, remembering back to when Alan Philips took over at Perry Barr and had to retain Graham Drury, as the promoters license holder for Birmingham.