British Speedway Forum

Tweet from BSPA......

UPDATE | To clarify we remain hopeful and optimistic of a successful conclusion to see @OfficialCovBees on track next season. Friday is key.

• Like 2

Other than the cost of shale and lighting - what else about the stadium is not fit for purpose?

That's about it. Horton obviously doesn't have funds to fix it and signing a lease would be a huge risk if the track, lighting etc isn't at the standard required.

Sandhu can of course be owner of the Bees and not be promoter. He can get someone in to do that job. I wonder if Sandhu and Buster get on?

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Tweet from BSPA......

UPDATE | To clarify we remain hopeful and optimistic of a successful conclusion to see @OfficialCovBees on track next season. Friday is key.

When was this ?

With the offer of the sponsorship dead in the water then it looks bleak, will Brandon estates go into to discussions with somebody the called the law on?

Feel for the riders, how are they meant to get sponsorship, bikes etc when they don't know where they stand.

Perhaps another person will sign the lease?

Perhaps Brandon Estates will run it, once Sandhu replaces the lights and shale with what's is face being promoted to promoter, not just manager....

Possible??

Hopefully this statement is correct unlike the riders released rumour you mentioned.

I would much prefer the statement was incorrect. Unfortunately it is not. Hope Coventry have some positive news by Friday - it's been a rough ride for their supporters and Speedway in general.

I'm in no way a fan of the Horton's in Speedway but that statement from Brandon Estates tells me Horton has been stitched up.

What happened to Brandon Estates not saying anything until the Police investigation is completed?

Funny how this has come out a day after the BSPA say Coventry have until Friday!!

It stinks of conspiracy and it wouldn't at all surprise me if from Friday when Horton has to declare the Bees won't be running that all the fixtures & fittings required to run just Stox start to reappear.

• Like 3

I'm in no way a fan of the Horton's in Speedway but that statement from Brandon Estates tells me Horton has been stitched up.

What happened to Brandon Estates not saying anything until the Police investigation is completed?

Funny how this has come out a day after the BSPA say Coventry have until Friday!!

It stinks of conspiracy and it wouldn't at all surprise me if from Friday when Horton has to declare the Bees won't be running that all the fixtures & fittings required to run just Stox start to reappear.

It's something I've been thinking about. I do sometimes get the impression this is being done to get Horton out of the way.

• Like 1

With the offer of the sponsorship dead in the water then it looks bleak, will Brandon estates go into to discussions with somebody the called the law on?

Feel for the riders, how are they meant to get sponsorship, bikes etc when they don't know where they stand.

they called the law on themselves

Nigel Pearson tweeted about the Coventry Telegraph article "Not the full facts of the current situation, it's not over".

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

See I said not trust Horton!! Though I hate being right in this instance. His reputation goes before him :(

I would much prefer the statement was incorrect. Unfortunately it is not. Hope Coventry have some positive news by Friday - it's been a rough ride for their supporters and Speedway in general.

We would all prefer the supposed statement to be wrong, and is at odds with other statements being released as well today.

Sadly some people who claim to be in the know get it wrong and are happy to scaremonger.

Hopefully the full and true picture will be much clearer on Friday.

Edited by stevebrum

See I said not trust Horton!! Though I hate being right in this instance. His reputation goes before him :(

I don't blame him for not signing the lease. It would be a huge gamble from him to trust that things would be replaced.

Local journalist thinks the club have been treated abysmally. His words.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

Hopefully this statement is correct unlike the riders released rumour you mentioned.

Can't believe you have used this opportunity to have a dig.... SAD MAN

Steve's support for the Coventry cause, and sympathy with the side's supporters, is clearly apparent from his posts throughout the thread. I suspect he's just tripped over his typing here and probably not realised yet.

• Like 1