British Speedway Forum

Horton stood in a burning Brandon

The wind was blowing a gale

The arsonists had finished the job

And Sandhu had nicked the shale

I'll get me coat.

A white one with straps and buckles? Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

The root of this problem stems back IMO to winter of discontent when Ford and BSPA decided to carry out reprisals for Coventry winning the league. That is when Sandhu realised that there was no future. Sold things to Horton hoping his unblemished record of failure would bring things to a speedy conclusion. Unfortunately from his perspective Horton did not fail as quickly as anticipated.

• Like 7

There is a report on the fia world speedway site where Buster Chapman states they have the option to tear up Horton license and get another promoter to run speedway .Brandon estates have said they see not stopping speedway running Horton has not signed an agreement with them I don't know how to put it on here but someone else could

• Like 1

Do you really think he's ever had any intention of doing that? I'll do a lap of the Brandon track in my mobility scooter just wearing my knickers if we come to the tapes in March. :lol:

Well you'd certainly be able to get a National League team place......and probably beat David Mason!
  • Like 1

I think this could be what you are referring too

There is a report on the fia world speedway site where Buster Chapman states they have the option to tear up Horton license and get another promoter to run speedway .Brandon estates have said they see not stopping speedway running Horton has not signed an agreement with them I don't know how to put it on here but someone else could

http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/5477/friday-deadline-for-bees

So sad..

And for the Hortons, well....

Are the BSPA still planning on issuing the fixture list by the end of January? Will there be two fixture lists this time, one with the Coventry Bees and one without?

Bigger picture time, which is that there are fans up and down the country, in all 3 leagues patiently waiting to book time off work, sort out their holiday and travel arrangement, book hotels etc, much of which will hang on what their team is doing, where and when. Yes I know that the main sympathies are for the Coventry fans, but there comes a time when the BSPA has to think about all the other fans in the country that will be getting messed about (again) if this situation is not sorted out and the fixtures released soon.

• Like 1

yes that's the one what do you think it don't put Horton in a good light Imo

Just says he hasn't signed the lease which wasn't a surprise. Maybe that's what they wanted. Could be Sandhu coming in...

What I don't get is that Horton hasn't signed the lease so why hasnt Sandhu tried to negotiate one instead? He and Heaver already said they would pay for everything anyway so why not be the leaseholder?

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

Just says he hasn't signed the lease which wasn't a surprise. Maybe that's what they wanted. Could be Sandhu coming in...

What I don't get is that Horton hasn't signed the lease so why hasnt Sandhu tried to negotiate one instead? He and Heaver already said they would pay for everything anyway so why not be the leaseholder?

could be what they are trying to sort out Heaver run the stocks Jim Lynch run the speedway has Jim still got his promoters license?

could be what they are trying to sort out Heaver run the stocks Jim Lynch run the speedway has Jim still got his promoters license?

Not sure but they can give him one.

The root of this problem stems back IMO to winter of discontent when Ford and BSPA decided to carry out reprisals for Coventry winning the league. That is when Sandhu realised that there was no future. Sold things to Horton hoping his unblemished record of failure would bring things to a speedy conclusion. Unfortunately from his perspective Horton did not fail as quickly as anticipated.

the root of this problem stems back to the day Avtar greedy selfish bastard Sandhu walked through the gates of brandon

• Like 5

Not sure but they can give him one.

I said that earlier today, Sandhu has the lease, Jim Lynch promoted from manager to promoter....

Easy peasy, lemon squeazy!!

• Like 2

I read this as Horton wants out and the BSPA are about to show him the door. Such a waster!

many "thanks" to Mick Horton or is it Colin, as I'm sure both have never been seen in the same room together but both names intent on closing down speedway in the UK. Unfortunately was hood winked last Friday with his message giving a glimmer of hope - but alas should have realised that was just another piece of bull rubbishe. Hopefully sometime in life the Mr Horton(s) or is it just the one after all ? justice will prevail !!!

many "thanks" to Mick Horton or is it Colin, as I'm sure both have never been seen in the same room together but both names intent on closing down speedway in the UK. Unfortunately was hood winked last Friday with his message giving a glimmer of hope - but alas should have realised that was just another piece of bull rubbishe. Hopefully sometime in life the Mr Horton(s) or is it just the one after all ? justice will prevail !!!

Obviously the censors got involved and the word rubbishe was a phrase used to describe excrement and that in itself to modest a word to describe Horton(s)

the root of this problem stems back to the day Avtar greedy selfish bastard Sandhu walked through the gates of brandon

You need to realise that without Sandhu, Coventry speedway would have been dead and buried many years ago. I reckon without Horton there could still hope. Imo Sandhu and Heaver want Stox - as another poster has suggested Jim Lynch as promoter/manager plus being the messiah. this means as far as speedway/stox goes, job done. We ain't gotta start racing in March - mid April will do, as getting through to pay-offs / finals takes us to end Sept / early October so plenty of activity. (Trying to show some positivity here so please don't be too harsh in negative responses !!!)

Happy Days (I hope !)

• Like 2