British Speedway Forum

Buster said today that deadline could be pushed back till tomorrow

I hope for a positive outcome but since Buster opted for the 30 pieces of silver during winter of discontent I remain sceptical.

• Like 2

I hope for a positive outcome but since Buster opted for the 30 pieces of silver during winter of discontent I remain sceptical.

As did the Birmingham promotion, I remember it and wont forget it either

If things were beyond coming off, then surely they would of said so.... Whilst no decision us forthcoming, then surely, there must still be hope?

• Like 2

If things were beyond coming off, then surely they would of said so.... Whilst no decision us forthcoming, then surely, there must still be hope?

I really hope so but this is Speedway , the Supremo and the BSPA a highly toxic mix.

It's amazing, and also a little embarrassing, that no one involved can put out a statement to provide some clarity on what's happening.

Still. That's Speedway, as the saying goes.

A statement may compromise the outcome, which is clearly in the balance.

A statement may compromise the outcome, which is clearly in the balance.

You may well be right , but normally this is just an excuse to say nothing when there is either nothing to say or those involved don't have any idea what to say.

Has anyone given thought to the possibility that Mick Horton may delaying things so that he can be considering his own options, which could include divesting himself from all the hassle at Coventry, and buying the promoting rights off Tony Mole at Birmingham when Mole retires?

Why should he think that the hard complicated and aggravated life is the one to choose when there's an easy way out, with less stress, less hassle and none of the surrounding personalities that give hm so much grief.

I bet the mere mention of him buying Birmingham has made a lot of Brummies poo their pants Edited by Triple.H.

Clearly theres a lot more to this than we are privvy to. The fact that the deadline to declare has come and gone with not a peep from the Coventry promotion means things are entrenched and there's no easy fix here.

Perhaps it does need a new face to head the Coventry club for things to thaw out and get the team back on track. Would Horton step aside for the good of the club, and if so, is there anyone willing to step forward to take over what seems is a poisoned chalice?

Fingers crossed this can somehow be resolved.

• Like 2

So deadline day has come and gone with no further news......

I've no idea who are the good guys or the bad guys or who is right or wrong....but to be honest I've become rather ambivalent about the whole sorry mess.

Thanks to the toxic mix of Horton and Sandhu I'm losing my love of speedway.

P

So that is gbp 1.60 quid more than the Mick / Colin bros, not forgetting their " Jocky Wilson " (google good at his point for the over 30's ) lookalike / friend / kemosabe.

These past few months have had Coventry Speedway in the column inches of the local paper more than any time for years - if things do develop for the good, reckon a decent time to shout / promote what is available "down the road" . How about a meeting where A meeting is promoted to the hilt, where the entrance cost is silly money - just to make folk aware of the sport and get their "juices" flowing for more visits. The additional extra incidentals i.e. programmes, pasties, burgers, soft drinks and BEER helping to provide funding from the l missing gate receipts.

Sounds too simplistic and appreciate easier said than done - with some massive hurdles to be encountered initially in terms of the stadium first

no reason too why the STOX can't shout from the hill tops.(beforehand !) I live 2 miles from the stadium and only remember that the First Saturday in the month is stox when I hear the roar of the engines.

I ain't got a clue as to publicity, but know and recognise that it AINT been around to promote newbies to be interested. Sad as it sounds, the current age demographic of speedway fans, I would suggest, in not so many years time, could be kicking up daisies or in residential/nursing homes. The "sport" needs to develop big time - the riders are youthful (mainly, sorry Greg) and why not let them be adored by kids like pop stars - my 11 year old daughter is mad on Ryan Terry Daley & James Sarjeant - see, they ain't got to be stars, but just have a presence.

holy moly, just realised it's nearly half past midnight - too late for me now, but do remember a Pride Of The East Meeting in the early 80's where 'Red House Coaches" of Coventry ran a trip at the end of October - watched Ole win yet another meeting, but got back to Wyken at about 2.30 am ( was the weekend that the clocks changed !). Have had some many great times over the years-just want for reasonableness from people who should know better, to enable it to continue.

• Like 1

So deadline day has come and gone with no further news......

Maybe today will be the day?

Yesterday was all about Buster Chaplin in the limelight. He wouldn't have wanted his appearance on Facebook Live to be marred by anything important. So maybe we can get some real news today?

It's not good news I fear. Leicester Bees?

The Coventry fans have suffered enough over this. Time to spill the news

Edited by Steve Shovlar

It's not good news I fear. Leicester Bees?

The Coventry fans have suffered enough over this. Time to spill the news

why make a comment like that when you don't know anything
  • Like 5

Having been a Bees fan since 1965 and only missing 2 BriSCA F1 meetings at Brandon in the last 35 years the last 3 months have been unbearable.

Not knowing any of the details or politics involved, if Mick Horton decides not to promote a Coventry Team or the BSPA take away his licence to do so, would the rest of the BSPA allow Sandhu / JH back in should they want to?

There is still things going on behind the scenes. I think Leicester Lions will be Leicester Lions but wouldn't be surprised if a few of the Bees 1-7 will be lining up for them.

Edited by woz01

There is still things going on behind the scenes. I think Leicester Lions will be Leicester Lions but wouldn't be surprised if a few of the Bees 1-7 will be lining up for them.

and you cant really blame those riders if they do.

Horton has had a tremendous amount of goodwill (which probably he doesnt deserve personally) from the riders due to their respect for the club and the fans.

Lets hope the decision to stick with him is justified for those that have.

• Like 1