British Speedway Forum

How many more times! :rolleyes: It doesn't matter how many times you repeat it 99% of Leicester fans do not want Coventry riding there and 99% of Coventry fans don't want to go there. Ground share does NOT work and the attendance would be abysmal.

Agree, you only have to look back to when Cradley Heath moved to Stoke, Cradley fans, arguably one of the most loyal at the time & crowds were very poor

• Like 1

The riders signed by Horton to ride for Coventry have the opportunity to ride FOR Leicester instead if they wish. There is no Coventry moving to Leicester, yet.

It's extremely disappointing that Coventry fans are insisting it's Brandon or nothing.

It's 30mins down the road!?!

If King's Lynn were in the same predicament and had to go to Peterborough I don't think many Stars fans would have a problem with that.

If the Bees get a lifeline of survival and the fans turn their back on it then I'm afraid you'd be as responsible for the closure of the club than anyone else.

if it's a 6-12 month solution it has to be backed by the supporters

Clearly the reason Leicesters team has not been announced is because if Coventry don't, the team will relocate to Leicester.

The news that Lawson is not wanted shows that things have moved on out of the public domain. Moving the whole Coventry 1-7 to Leicester makes business sense. Leicester get their team, which would be better than the teams they have had to put up with in recent seasons, and Coventry fans can make the short trip up the road to watch what would effectively have been the same 1-7 they would have supported at Brandon.

Clearly it would not be called Leicester Bees, as Leicester fans would certainly not want that, but it would solve the problem as to where the riders will go and give them employment.

There would be other issues. If Coventry don't run, would the riders registration go over to the BSPA, or would the Coventry promotion be in a position to "loan" them to Leicester. Or, would Horton muscle Dave Darcy out of the way ( or would Darcy move aside) to move the Coventry promotion lock, stock and barrel up the road.

Whatever way its looked at, there's no getting away from the fact that it will be viewed by all speedway fans as a disaster for the sport. Most of all the loss of a speedway club, which given the current circumstances has very little to no chance of returning in future years. The Coventry fans have been treated abysmally throughout this whole sorry escapade.

The silence throughout "delicate nogotiations" makes very little sense. Whilst the public may not be privvy to the ins and outs of every detail, I have never experienced the complete lack of communication between a sports club and its beleaguered supporters.

Negative rumours abounded this morning about the club moving lock stock and barrel to Leicester. I for one hope the rumours turn out to be false and that somehow, at the very last moment, Coventry Speedway can somehow be saved. And I am sure everyone feels the same.

Delicate negotiations my arse the whole thing is a farce, and now deadline moved to tomorrow its all rather a joke.

Agree, you only have to look back to when Cradley Heath moved to Stoke, Cradley fans, arguably one of the most loyal at the time & crowds were very poor

And they've realise their mistake and happily now watch Cradley at Wolverhampton.

I read in SStar that the Leicester boss will not allow Coventry to share Leicester, he knows both teams would suffer with loss of crowds.

Is that right Ray. Perhaps you would like to come and have a chat at the next REF function then.. ;)

Then you could lose you club. So whats the best option ?

if Coventry doesn't run we've lost our club how many more times do you need telling before it sinks in

And they've realise their mistake and happily now watch Cradley at Wolverhampton.

Yes and very good crowds

if Coventry doesn't run we've lost our club how many more times do you need telling before it sinks in

And how many times do people have to tell you before it sinks in you have an option. But i suppose you are happy to watch your club die, which would be a real shame.. But each to there own eh..

Edited by Starman2006

And how many times do people have to tell you before it sinks in you have an option.

it is not an option where have you seen that is an option nowhere

it is not an option where have you seen that is an option nowhere

So share with Wolves.

It's extremely disappointing that Coventry fans are insisting it's Brandon or nothing.

It's 30mins down the road!?!

If King's Lynn were in the same predicament and had to go to Peterborough I don't think many Stars fans would have a problem with that.

If the Bees get a lifeline of survival and the fans turn their back on it then I'm afraid you'd be as responsible for the closure of the club than anyone else.

if it's a 6-12 month solution it has to be backed by the supporters

Such a stupid comment to blame fsns who won't travel anymore. Maybe some people travel from the other side of Coventry so this makes it longer and more expensive (already overpriced). Not everyone lives within a stones throw of Brandon and Leicester's track is hardly going to have racing to get the casual fans to spend extra money to go and see there team.
  • Like 1

And how many times do people have to tell you before it sinks in you have an option. But i suppose you are happy to watch your club die, which would be a real shame.. But each to there own eh..

If Buster thinks it's a good idea Coventry riding on another track , let them ride at Kings Lynn.

If Buster thinks it's a good idea Coventry riding on another track , let them ride at Kings Lynn.

The place would be empty..