British Speedway Forum

At some point a decision has to be made about the future of Coventry Speedway, talks cant be allowed to go on for ever, so whether its positive or negative news I think we need to know.

At some point a decision has to be made about the future of Coventry Speedway, talks cant be allowed to go on for ever, so whether its positive or negative news I think we need to know.

I agree, but you would have thought if it was positive you would have known by now.

That's definitely not an option

Not enough dates, Cradley may ride their fixtures 50% at Wolves and 50% at Birmingham.

But the simple fact is fans will not watch their team elsewhere as it not 'their ' team. Wolves closed in 1981 and 1982. Cradley was 10 miles away and Birmingham 15 miles.

During those 2 years I went to 1 speedway meeting and that was at Birmingham when a friend asked me to go with him.. Without your team it is not the same. I wonder if Starman would watch 'Poole' if they track shared at Swindon ?

The place would be empty..

Let's throw in another scenario, with only a few NL fixtures to worry about, how about Bees riding at Perry Barr in 2017, reckon that could just work at a push.

I can think of a few football clubs!! Glasgow Rangers, Blackpool,etc

You leave Rangers out of this :wink:

• Like 1

You're expectiing a lot from the British Speedway Prevarication Association. aren't you?

• Like 1

You might well not be happy with the idea but have no choice. Of course Leicester is only a short distance away so easy to get to if the latest rumours have any

weight.

I hope they are not and Poole can come up and kick your arse again.

I notice you didnt answer my question that would you be happy being called poole hanmers?

I notice you didnt answer my question that would you be happy being called poole hanmers?

Poole Hammers, how does that work ?

Edited by Starman2006

Without having to trawl through a lot of speculation, can I presume there is no word on this matter yet?

I thought the deadline was Friday?

Telling Coventry fans to go support Leicester if they don't come to the tapes is like telling King's Lynn fans to go to bloody Ipswich, NEVER ON YOUR NELLY!

• Like 5

Without having to trawl through a lot of speculation, can I presume there is no word on this matter yet?

Keeps getting extended by a day.

There`s an interview with Buster Chapman over on the BSPA site where he says he received an email yesterday that would clarify matters, about time to I hear you cry. Seems the deadline for the future of speedway at Coventry has been extended and then extended further, at some point a line needs to be drawn and a decision made, that line appeared to be yesterday but so far no word.

I do not know what the current situation is but I was told some time ago when the future of Coventry became tenuous that the plan was to move to Leicester albeit on a temporary basis.

If it's someone new taking over at Coventry then it needs to be ratified by the bspa committee.

It's extremely disappointing that Coventry fans are insisting it's Brandon or nothing.

It's 30mins down the road!?!

If King's Lynn were in the same predicament and had to go to Peterborough I don't think many Stars fans would have a problem with that.

If the Bees get a lifeline of survival and the fans turn their back on it then I'm afraid you'd be as responsible for the closure of the club than anyone else.

if it's a 6-12 month solution it has to be backed by the supporters

I live pretty close to the M69 junction and it would take me 30 minutes without traffic to get to Leicester. Now someone on the opposite side of the city you can add 20-30 mins to that.