British Speedway Forum

If it's someone new taking over at Coventry then it needs to be ratified by the bspa committee.

I live pretty close to the M69 junction and it would take me 30 minutes without traffic to get to Leicester. Now someone on the opposite side of the city you can add 20-30 mins to that.

So exactly what i have to do to watch Poole then!

I wonder if Poole fans suggesting that Coventry should run at Leicester would be quite happy if in the same situation others told them to go Somerset, Plymouth or Isle of Wight :unsure:

• Like 6

I wonder if Poole fans suggesting that Coventry should run at Leicester would be quite happy if in the same situation others told them to go Somerset, Plymouth or Isle of Wight :unsure:

To me it would be preferable than nothing but a lot here seem to be saying "Brandon or bust."

Bit different when Plymouth is 2 and half hours, probably same as Somerset. 30 mins is what I have to do to get to Poole. So I think it is the venue that is the problem not the distance.

To me it would be preferable than nothing but a lot here seem to be saying "Brandon or bust."

Should speedway close at Brandon will the Brandon or bust brigade still be saying the same this time next year.

Should speedway close at Brandon will the Brandon or bust brigade still be saying the same this time next year.

I would travel but only for one season

If we had to share with Lakeside, I guess.

Bit of a difference in distance between Lakeside and poole and Coventry and Leicester..

Telling Coventry fans to go support Leicester if they don't come to the tapes is like telling King's Lynn fans to go to bloody Ipswich, NEVER ON YOUR NELLY!

Who said anything about Coventry fans supporting Leicester if they don't run ?

Edited by Starman2006

So exactly what i have to do to watch Poole then!

Yes but the core fans base would all have to do it, not going to happen. Even more so if there is no future beyond that.

I would travel but only for one season

I would for one season also but most won't/cant. It's not even necessarily about wanting to its about whether it's possible for many.

Anyway it doesn't matter the riders that Horton signed will ride for Leicester.

Edited by woz01

So share with Wolves.

How is that even possible? Cradley are sharing fixtures at Wolves AND Birmingham because there aren't enough free dates. Just how do you propose Coventry fit in fixtures as well??

Clearly the reason Leicesters team has not been announced is because if Coventry don't, the team will relocate

It's not clearly that at all.

Leicester appear to be waiting (like Belle Vue) announcing anyone until the Bees situation is clear.

That appears much more clear to me.

Darcy has already said Coventry won't be welcome to ride at Leicester, I assume you read the article? :neutral:

When Glasgow closed in 1995 and Edinburgh moved to Shawfield as the Scottish Monarchs, neither sets of fans supported them, as Glasgow saw them as "Edinburgh", and Edinburgh weren't at home. When Wimbledon merged with Eastbourne in 91? When Hackney closed and us fans followed Terry Russell to Arena? It just wasn't "home".

Riders come and go, but to lose your club, your home, the atmosphere, your spot you stand in each week, your routines, the guy you say hi to at the turnstiles every week, the history... it's a huge blow. I'm not sure those who are saying you can just move down the road fully understand. Sure, it may be "the Coventry line-up" in a different venue, but it won't be "Coventry", even if that arrangement IS on the table.

Totally agree with you as Wolves have been in that position when we were closed for 2 years, and I know what its like not to have your 'home' track. Some others just don't get it. There are general speedway fans who will go and watch any meeting, so fair play to them, but they are a very small minority.

• Like 3

MOVE THE LOT TO OXFORD

Good idea mate, but the fans wont move outside there comfort zone..

I wasn't following speedway the couple of years wolves were out, how many seasons didn't they run for and what was the reasons