British Speedway Forum

Hopefully all this starts to get the wheels in motion for finding a new stadium. That's the only real fix and fast. If not this could be the last season

• Like 1

I will be attending at Leicester because I want to support our team. Brandon's facilities at Coventry are very good and I suspect that we will lose the fans that sit inside the comfort of the bar --- Leicester's ''facilities'' are by no means as good as Brandon's BUT WE STILL HAVE 7 RIDERS RACING!!

Up The Bees!

And you will still be a club on away meetings, Well said. If Philfromcov doesnt want to go thats his perogative, but i hope the Coventry fans support it, and maybe, you will get Brandon back.

Edited by Starman2006

What a disaster anyone who thinks this is good news needs to think again

First meeting maybe most will turn up

Then

Crap track

No facilities

Impossible to get a good view

Freezing

Realisation that this was the plan all along

Impossible to park

Crowds drop

We will never get back

Cradley mark 2

Its already the end

On dear...were all doomed. Let's hope there are some positive fans about that will contribute to the salvation of the Bees either at Brandon or elsewhere.....if you want it!

Crap facilities? Last time I was at Leicester they had seats in the stand.

Last time I was there they had shale on the track and seats and fittings and a fence and a promotion and some fans that were grateful they had a purpose built track after years and years of nothing.

And you are overlooking the track unlike many where you have a stock car fence in front of you. Leicester is a great little place. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth my dad used to say.

Edited by Sniffy
  • Like 4

Last time I was there they had shale on the track and seats and fittings and a fence and a promotion and some fans that were grateful they had a purpose built track after years and years of nothing.

Ah, a purpose built track, wouldn't we all like one.

This, at least, buys some time for a more complete solution to the problem. OK the Bees will not be racing at Brandon and Leicester will be further from me but I will make a point of driving up the motorway to support the team. This is important, as if it is clear that there is a fan base then it is more likely that a better solution will come into place. I hope many more will do the same and do not stay at home grumbling into their Horlicks about how its not the same as when Nigel Boocock was riding at Brandon to a packed house.

As for the thanks given to Horton and Sandhu who cares if it's due. As long as it soothes a few bruised egos and keeps Coventry speedway alive it will be worth it. After what has gone on I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot more twists and turns in the future. I just hope these will be positive.

Thankyou to all fans from other teams who have in any way expressed support and signed petetitions etc. And I hope that this does not detract from the Leicester support - it might possibly raise the sport's profile in the area if both teams do well.

• Like 2

Why no home track advantage? It's not as if Leicester is new and the riders have never been there. All have ridden at Beaumont Park multiple times but whether they like the track or not is another question. :wink: Seeing that list all I can think of is not bloody Poole again early in the season as we normally lose. :neutral:

It never is unless some stupid lorry driver decides to cause mayhem.

Why no home track advantage? It's not as if Leicester is new and the riders have never been there. All have ridden at Beaumont Park multiple times but whether they like the track or not is another question. :wink: Seeing that list all I can think of is not bloody Poole again early in the season as we normally lose. :neutral:

ok

M69 gets congested at the M1 end on Fridays where it reduces to 2 lanes from 3 with only 1 lane for the M1 North.

• Like 1

This, at least, buys some time for a more complete solution to the problem. OK the Bees will not be racing at Brandon and Leicester will be further from me but I will make a point of driving up the motorway to support the team. This is important, as if it is clear that there is a fan base then it is more likely that a better solution will come into place. I hope many more will do the same and do not stay at home grumbling into their Horlicks about how its not the same as when Nigel Boocock was riding at Brandon to a packed house.

Nothing is the same as when Nigel Boocock was riding mate. You have to make the most of what you have, and hope you get Brandon back..

ok

M69 gets congested at the M1 end on Fridays where it reduces to 2 lanes from 3 with only 1 lane for the M1 North.

ok

If your working late then you've had it, but if your not, what do you do, you leave early..

Presumably if all this renewed harmony also means that Stox will be running at Brandon, then I guess the fixtures and fittings will all be back in situ asap!!

I predict the Bees will be back on track at Brandon by May - 2017 latest!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

How will Cov pay the riders with what a 500 max crowd.Leicester will drop a bit.People will people attend depending on the visiting team.Can't see how Cove will pay their riders

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

How will Cov pay the riders with what a 500 max crowd.Leicester will drop a bit.People will people attend depending on the visiting team.Can't see how Cove will pay their riders

Give it a chance eh..

• Like 1

Sorry but you need to wake up

Not missed a season since76

But this is playing into the hands of the developers

If the stadium is still standing by March I'll be amazed

Well tell that to the powers that be, who clearly feel this is your best bet in the short term.