Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

I have at Swindon & suggested a idea of having a half season ticket as people don't buy a season ticket due to missing meetings through family holidays.

Didn't get an answer though surprise surprise.

I play golf & my club issue membership based on how much you can play by buying block rounds.

About time speedway did it as well as the golf club is now getting much more money than it was before.

I not disputing the fact, but how many clubs do we have in our league ? Draft out one letter copy it make your point and send it to each club. With your name and address enclosed.

No.

I know they don't , most of them live south of Coventry and Leicester is at least as far as Stoke was for the Heathens

Whilst I regard myself as just being a Speedway fan I do have a soft spot for the Bees and have made a 125 mile round trip for most of their home meetings for many years now even though traffic congestion seems to have got worse and the unhelpful 7.30pm start time doesn't make it any easier, although I accept many preferred this as opposed to 8pm. Leicester is a 160 mile round trip and I will make every effort to get there as well!

Unfortunately I only have on track (Rye House at 94 miles) that is less than a 100 mile round trip so travelling a great deal is my only option for Speedway, unless I move of course. I appreciate many will struggle to get to Leicester because of time constraints but I hope those who can do turn out to support the seven riders who have stayed very loyal to the club.

Good luck to the Bees in 2017!

• Like 4

Why should Coventry get a cheap rental deal off Leicester , is shale , fence panels and air fence repair so much cheaper in Leicester that they can afford to rent out the stadium at bargain cut prices. If Coventry speedway want to rent the stadium then they should pay a fair price for it. The deal is being done to assist Coventry and Leicester are not a charity shop.

Who says they are? Just because one fan suggested it doesn't mean he's correct.

So, the best plan for the "Bees" faithful to do, is keep an eye on what's happening at Brandon...

If, you see workmen, (workwoman are also available) pretty soon, you will know it's a temporary track share.. However, if f**k all is being done come March, you will at least know the score..

There are workmen at Swindon allegedly but bugger all is being done so I don't think that idea will work. :wink:

I`ll be going its nearer for me.

And me. :t: After 32 years of driving down the M69 to support the Bees I'll only have a few miles to go now.

ok

M69 gets congested at the M1 end on Fridays where it reduces to 2 lanes from 3 with only 1 lane for the M1 North.

I don't remember posting repeatedly like your quotes ~ only the once :wink: ~ but to reply I'd just say that it's an easy left turn onto the M1 North so no great problem. Of course if there were traffic lights on the roundabout it would be better still and would really please SCB who is a big fan of them. :P

I don't get why all these under 16s are skint??

I did 2 paper rounds everyday except Sunday, when I only did 1, from the age of 11, by the time I was 14, I worked full time hours at a local tree/shrub grower during the summer holidays, and also did a little bit of gardening for people locally, on a weekly/fortnightly basis for pocket money as well. So as a youth, say from 11 to age 16, I was never skint, and we had to pay to get into speedway, our family couldn't afford to pay for us to every week..

The youth today, don't they do any work for pocket money?

• Like 3

Children now have to stay on at school, go to college until they are 18 unless they get a job as an apprentice.

Eh?

What apprenticeships are there now for 16yo school-leavers?

A succesion of tories (including Blair) took away those opportunities decades ago! :(

• Like 1

Rubbish it's because robbing promotors have put the price they charge for under 16's up over the years.

My mum took me & 3 mates when we were kids & was charged nothing,me & those 3 still go.

I know people who don't go now as they can't afford or justify paying for them & their children.

Any adult should be entitled to take 2 under 16's in for free as they are the future fans.

Agree....my son is 16 now and still at school (by force of government rules and not allowed to have a job..don't get me going on politics arse0le rubbish). He does some work with his brother during holidays but its not a regular income. Yet this season he will be expected to pay adult price..about £17 or so..its disgusting...he loves speedway but £17 is monstrous for 16 year olds. What the hell are promoters doing charging this? A plea to them is what is needed here. I know it's NL but Lakeside are to be absolutely commended for their admission prices...£1 for kids up to 16. Wow. Good on them. Edited by Sniffy
  • Like 1

Agree....my son is 16 now and still at school (by force of government rules and not allowed to have a job..don't get me going on politics arse0le rubbish). He does some work with his brother during holidays but its not a regular income. Yet this season he will be expected to pay adult price..about £17 or so..its disgusting...he loves speedway but £17 is monstrous for 16 year olds. What the hell are promoters doing charging this? A plea to them is what is needed here. I know it's NL but Lakeside are to be absolutely commended for their admission prices...£1 for kids up to 16. Wow. Good on them.

All kids go free at Peterborough until they reach 16. They then pay concession prices 16-17.

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/ticketoffice

Edited by Noodles

What a disaster anyone who thinks this is good news needs to think again

First meeting maybe most will turn up

Then

Crap track

No facilities

Impossible to get a good view

Freezing

Realisation that this was the plan all along

Impossible to park

Crowds drop

We will never get back

Cradley mark 2

Its already the end

Impossible to get a good view?????

Long before there is any possibility of a return to Brandon ( if there ever is or was such an opportunity ) Horton will be bemoaning the lack of fans attending and throw in the towel. This sounds like a generous act by someone ( must be Buster as Darcy said a firm " it will not happen" ) and it always sounds good to keep two teams going ( is that mostly because of Sky's demands on min. numbers? ). Can't see it ending well as both teams need more fans than have regularly attended at Leicester and I can't see enough Bees fans bothering to travel as lets face it the shape of the Leicester track does not lend itself to good racing! The person who took the final decision to cut down the lights and remove so many fittings at Brandon, as to make it unusable and too expensive to re-instate, did so to end racing at Brandon. All a bit pathetic really.

• Like 1

I think most kids would have a part time job at 16, and if speedway was a priority for them they could afford to go.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 1

Wouldn't disagree, but it's about encouraging as many 16-18 year olds as possible to go and charging full adult price rather than a concessionary one is less likely to do that.

As much as I'm pleased the Coventry Bees are still in existence I can only see this working as a short period of time. If the work at Brandon is not immediate and fans cannot see an immediate return, then the idea will fall flat and the club could die forever. As a makeshift arrangement the chance of riding on another track is a godsend, and Leicester should be commended for allowing this to happen. But as a viable solution it can never survive the finances requirement needed . From all accounts Leicester struggled last year to keep abreast with what is expected and doubling the number of meeting will come hard on respective supporters.

The Brandon Raceway is as iconic as the Speedway team itself. They go hand in hand, I always look for positives and the transferring to Leicester gives .the Bees a little extra time to get Brandon racable.

Anything more than that and its doomed to fail.......

• Like 4

When I hit 16 and Rye House started to charge me as an adult I stopped going to as many meetings. While they made roughly the same from my one adult attendance as they would for me to go to 2-3 meetings as a child they were losing out on a weekly programme sale plus any food or drink I purchased.

Now I'm old enough and earning enough to go every week as an adult I don't still because in the years I was alienated because I couldn't afford to go I found better things to do with my Saturday evenings.

Young fans are ultimately the future, they have to be treated well (as do all fans for that matter).

• Like 7

As much as I'm pleased the Coventry Bees are still in existence I can only see this working as a short period of time. If the work at Brandon is not immediate and fans cannot see an immediate return, then the idea will fall flat and the club could die forever. As a makeshift arrangement the chance of riding on another track is a godsend, and Leicester should be commended for allowing this to happen. But as a viable solution it can never survive the finances requirement needed . From all accounts Leicester struggled last year to keep abreast with what is expected and doubling the number of meeting will come hard on respective supporters.

The Brandon Raceway is as iconic as the Speedway team itself. They go hand in hand, I always look for positives and the transferring to Leicester gives .the Bees a little extra time to get Brandon racable.

Anything more than that and its doomed to fail.......

Totally agree
  • Like 1