Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Just think we have been led up the garden path

What about the NL team?

Oh yes they already have an agreement in place at belle vue.

Well that was forward thinking!!!!!

Back in November.

People are used to brandon so a mobile bar and a portoshed on the third turn won't cut it

How many bees fans have gone to the away matches?

Maybe 300 including me. So this will not work

It will work if it is temporary for 2-3 months, say til June time. Any longer than that then crowds could start to drop off. It also depends how the promotion treats the fans, if they keep them in the loop about how Brandon is progressing than that will help.

• Like 2

Is the much needed Leicester track alterations going to be split 3 ways or is that now on hold ?

Edited by robert72

The first "home" meeting is Aril 7th

To My reckoning that's 9 weeks away

If work started now how long is it going to take to restore the "damage" surely 12 weeks should be enough

Any later than the end of May and the alarm bells should start ringing

Why should Coventry get a cheap rental deal off Leicester , is shale , fence panels and air fence repair so much cheaper in Leicester that they can afford to rent out the stadium at bargain cut prices. If Coventry speedway want to rent the stadium then they should pay a fair price for it. The deal is being done to assist Coventry and Leicester are not a charity shop.

You're right they should be charged at the same as Leicester are paying, hopefully David Hemsley as landlord is being reasonable and realistic, and not trying to take undue advantage. A short term tenancy could be charged at a considerably higher rate compared with Leicester's 15 year lease, so hopefully Coventry are not being ripped off - like you say, a fair price.

• Like 1

You're right they should be charged at the same as Leicester are paying, hopefully David Hemsley as landlord is being reasonable and realistic, and not trying to take undue advantage. A short term tenancy could be charged at a considerably higher rate compared with Leicester's 15 year lease, so hopefully Coventry are not being ripped off - like you say, a fair price.

Hemsley has leased the stadium. Any deals would be between the leaseholder, Chapman, and Horton.

• Like 1

Hemsley has leased the stadium. Any deals would be between the leaseholder, Chapman, and Horton.

Speedway GB tweets suggest otherwise. Someone said Buster was Leicester and Speedway GB response to that question is "was".

The first "home" meeting is Aril 7th

To My reckoning that's 9 weeks away

If work started now how long is it going to take to restore the "damage" surely 12 weeks should be enough

Any later than the end of May and the alarm bells should start ringing

It could be entirely possible (although unlikely) that a return to Brandon could happen before the season start. Agreeing to ride at Leicester gives a little leeway.

• Like 1

Speedway GB tweets suggest otherwise. Someone said Buster was Leicester and Speedway GB response to that question is "was".

It could be entirely possible (although unlikely) that a return to Brandon could happen before the season start. Agreeing to ride at Leicester gives a little leeway.

im glad for coventry fans that you got speedway maybe not ideal . im sure people will be keeping an eye on brandon to see what progress there is .

I don't get why all these under 16s are skint??

I did 2 paper rounds everyday except Sunday, when I only did 1, from the age of 11, by the time I was 14, I worked full time hours at a local tree/shrub grower during the summer holidays, and also did a little bit of gardening for people locally, on a weekly/fortnightly basis for pocket money as well. So as a youth, say from 11 to age 16, I was never skint, and we had to pay to get into speedway, our family couldn't afford to pay for us to every week..

The youth today, don't they do any work for pocket money?

I don't know what era you done all this,probably the 80's like me.But there isn't the opportunities like this anymore for the young ones.Paper rounds are pretty much a thing of the past,and any local land,nursery work seems to be only available to the Eastern Europeans.My daughter has to attend college and also on a Friday does a work experience which is unpaid.

How different it is from the 80's when i also worked during holidays and evenings after school.I don't blame any unfortunate 16-18 year old that doesn't have a penny to their name.I blame the government.

King's Lynn charge a concession rate for college students.But now as it is i would like to see the rate reduced to between child rate and adult rate.Something like £10 for students would be ok.

Nope! See flagrag post over in Leicester thread. He's usually right

Just a thought....last season the Lions Admission was 18 quid, the Bees 17. Will the Bees now be charging the same as Lions or will the Lions be reducing admission prices, or will we have two teams same league same track charging different admission rates?

Just a thought....last season the Lions Admission was 18 quid, the Bees 17. Will the Bees now be charging the same as Lions or will the Lions be reducing admission prices, or will we have two teams same league same track charging different admission rates?

Our entrance fee went up to £18 last year, the justification bring that it was what Coventry and wolves were charging..... According to DH.

Good question. :) I should think each promotion will stick with their own prices, which last season were completely different ~ no concessions at Coventry but cheap or free for children under 16. That idea upset a lot of the over 65's and I can't say I noticed any increase in the amount of children there so will they forget this idea now to encourage the older people to travel? After all it is them that have probably retired and more able to make the journey to Leicester in time.

• Like 1

How about having a double headers between Leicester & Coventry - one home, one away? It would surely make economic sense for the promoters and fans. E.g only one lot of travelling expenses for riders, fans, officials etc.

• Like 1

At least Coventry will take to the track for 2017. However it poses further questions. How long is this temporary deal with Leicester?

Is it going to be reviewed on roll out basis if it takes longer for Brandon to be put back together?

Will Coventry be making arrangements for those who want to watch speedway at Leicester, but will struggle to get there with transport and petrol cost etc?

The reality is that - for now at least - it's running at Leicester or nothing for Coventry. I remain sceptical about Brandon seeing speedway again if I'm honest.

Edited by mb1990