British Speedway Forum

I feel that it is extremely unlikely that speedway will ever return to Brandon because of the extent of the removal of fixtures and fittings including those which are ultra expensive for anyone to replace ( floodlighting and essential H&S equipment ). It was a statement of fact " I control things here" and no-one in speedway is prepared to foot the bill ( not cost effective ) and no one can pressure the other party into doing it either. No major investor will front up such a process just to stage only speedway racing. It can no longer stand on it's own feet financially.

It wouldn't take long to get the track and the safety aspects into shape. Sandhu has the stuff needed just needs permission to put it back then we shall he if he does.

I cant help thinking there is an air of acceptance about the whole affair. It appears to me that everybody is waiting for someone else to sort it out, in the meantime the demise of the iconic stadium continues.

Surely there are people in high places who could get the ball rolling, M o Ps; Councillors, Planning Officers; Police; Television; Newspapers could all help in a effort to streamline the process.

I hope upon hope this is not the end of Brandon speedway, but I'm not very confidant......

It seems they are in talks so things are happening behind the scenes. They've finally learned not to negotiate by going to the press and spinning the situation to suit them which in my opinion had a detrimental effect on the whole affair. Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

What promises have been made? It's quite clear that no one will be allowed to reinstate facilties at Brandon until Brandon Estates says so. All that's been said is we will start the season at Leicester and hope for a return to Brandon soon. No one has said anything else. Unfortunately that's something between two parties who do not own Coventry Speedway which meant the Bees has had to move elsewhere to secure their short term future.

Didn't Sandhu say that he will restore the facilities at Brandon at his expense? He seemed to imply that after the council mediator got involved that all would be put back together and all was well again. He and Horton were 'friends' again and Coventry was safe. I can't understand why there is no activity at Brandon with so little time left before the start of the season.

Edited by nobblytriers

Didn't Sandhu say that he will restore the facilities at Brandon at his expense? He seemed to imply that after the council mediator got involved that all would be put back together and all was well again. He and Horton were 'friends' again and Coventry was safe. I can't understand why there is no activity at Brandon with so little time left before the start of the season.

Because Brandon Estate own the stadium and at present they are the ones that won't let us use it.

Horton & Sandhu are ready to work together at Brandon and fix the damage, However without the owners permission we are homeless

But it's Brandon Estates that's the problem not Sandhu and/or Horton. As it stands they won't let Sandhu replace what was taken. Horton and Sandhu are seemingly both involved with running the Bees at Leicester at a probable loss, if it was upto them (let's put rumours of Sandhu being Brandon Estates to one side for now) they'd be at Brandon by now. Edited by woz01

Blimey, what a mess! So if Horton and Sandhu hadn't fallen out (which led to the stadium being stripped) then we wouldn't be in the state we are today? I take it that neither Horton or Sandhu are the lease holders now then?

Sorry for all the Q's and lack or understanding but I have totally lost the plot on this one. It seems to me that all of the chicanery and dealing has backfired for someone along the line. The real losers, again, will be the fans and speedway in general. I hope this sorry saga gets resolved ASAP and the Bees get their home back.

• Like 2

Brandon Estates IS Sandhu ( or is controlled by his family ) It sounds like Good cop / Bad cop to me, as if Mr Sandhu is as kindly disposed as he says he is and IF Brandon Estates is owned by his family then it's all a smokescreen re non access.

• Like 2

Blimey, what a mess! So if Horton and Sandhu hadn't fallen out (which led to the stadium being stripped) then we wouldn't be in the state we are today? I take it that neither Horton or Sandhu are the lease holders now then?

Sorry for all the Q's and lack or understanding but I have totally lost the plot on this one. It seems to me that all of the chicanery and dealing has backfired for someone along the line. The real losers, again, will be the fans and speedway in general. I hope this sorry saga gets resolved ASAP and the Bees get their home back.

It seems that Brandon Estates never originally wanted Sandhu involved with the site for whatever reason hence he took the fixture and fittings and Horton having to negotiate a new lease instead of Sandhu extending one. This is possibly why Horton didnt sign the lease as he needed Sandhu to help finance it and needed the fixture and fittings obviously. If Horton did sign the lease i don't think anything would be any different.

Brandon Estates IS Sandhu ( or is controlled by his family ) It sounds like Good cop / Bad cop to me, as if Mr Sandhu is as kindly disposed as he says he is and IF Brandon Estates is owned by his family then it's all a smokescreen re non access.

I used to have an open mind about this but I don't think him or his family are Brandon Estates from what I've been told. Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

prove it?

Maybe one for Neil Watson but are Buildbase continuing their sponsorship?

.......Woz01................ I used to have an open mind about this but I don't think him or his family are Brandon Estates from what I've been told.

How does anyone know when there is no way of checking who is behind the company due to it being based in Jersey. Very convenient that. :wink:

Does that mean that any company registering a business in Jersey, no matter what, or where the actual trading place is can remain 100% anonymous? To everyone? Anywhere in the World? Not even the Police can find out?,or HMRC? Or Jersey equivalent/s?

Sorry for all the Q's and lack or understanding.....

Don't apologise. There have been the thick end of 268 pages of discussion on the subject and we're still no nearer the truth.

For the record, here are the Four Amigos. Please note, Brandon Estates - image unavailable

16406904_10210548250354859_3789145680232

A simple deduction.

Why would a construction company, who own a midlands plot of land, have any reason whatsoever to hide their details away in Jersey?

What would be the actual point? There is no fathomable reason for a building compay to hide the names of its directors from the public.

Unless, you've guessed it, the names of the directors of Brandon Estates are one and the same as the previous owner.

How does anyone know when there is no way of checking who is behind the company due to it being based in Jersey. Very convenient that. :wink:

Yep convenient but possibly not the way you think it is.

A simple deduction.

Why would a construction company, who own a midlands plot of land, have any reason whatsoever to hide their details away in Jersey?

What would be the actual point? There is no fathomable reason for a building compay to hide the names of its directors from the public.

Unless, you've guessed it, the names of the directors of Brandon Estates are one and the same as the previous owner.

Unless of course you wanted to buy it with the seller not knowing who the actual people involved are.