British Speedway Forum

Supporters can choose. No one complains when other riders had a testimonial then other meetings are arranged on the same date. It happens, it's always happened. On the day of Chris Harris testimonial, Scunthorpe had a meeting no one said they shouldn't run a meeting because it clashed.

It's not a testimonial, it's a farewell meeting - a very well deseved one. In my opinion testimonials are given too freely, I recall it used to be a reward for 10 years service for the same club. The clash of meetings early in the season could have been avoided - thus not necessary for supporters having to choose.

Edited by Hodgy
  • Like 1

It's not a testimonial, it's a farewell meeting - a very well deseved one. In my opinion testimonials are given to freely, I recall it used to be a reward for 10 years service for the same club. The clash of meetings early in the season could have been avoided - thus not necessary for supporters having to choose.

So let's stop giving fans who were never going to go to PK farewell a chance to attend a meeting elsewhere. It's not like the track are close either, must be near 100 miles apart. PK farewell will attract a big crowd anyway and rightly so, I don't think that a track 100 miles away running a meeting will have an effect.

• Like 6

........False dawn....... Oh well. You can't have everything, eh?

See you at Peterborough then. :lol:

See you at Peterborough then. :lol:

So it would seem. :t:

So let's stop giving fans who were never going to go to PK farewell a chance to attend a meeting elsewhere. It's not like the track are close either, must be near 100 miles apart. PK farewell will attract a big crowd anyway and rightly so, I don't think that a track 100 miles away running a meeting will have an effect.

We will agree to disagree. I think you would be surprised how many would attend both. That 100 miles is all motorway and PK will not be riding on his own.

any news on when we expect to be back at Brandon?

or has that gone quite, now people are "happy" with Leicester?

• Like 2

and Sunday is race day for Peterborough

• Like 1

Typical name calling, you never fail.

So you have failed to say if Wolves Golden Boy will return for his ex team mate big day.

there is a very good chance that he will , not from any sense of loyalty to either the club fans or PK though ,But because Poland wont have started by then so as a selfless act which he is famed for, he will come and grab whatever is on offer and test his bikes out at the same time .

• Like 1

there is a very good chance that he will , not from any sense of loyalty to either the club fans or PK though ,But because Poland wont have started by then so as a selfless act which he is famed for, he will come and grab whatever is on offer and test his bikes out at the same time .

If it suits his schedule he will. Ditto any of the big names who come here when it suits them for their own reasons.

If it suits his schedule he will. Ditto any of the big names who come here when it suits them for their own reasons.

The other "Big names" owe British speedway and it's supporters nothing . apart from the fake Hancock , Woffinden does !!

hey Philfromcov - great post - but you will be chastised big time for questioning such a thing.

The other "Big names" owe British speedway and it's supporters nothing . apart from the fake Hancock , Woffinden does !!

On the flip side Woffinden received no support from the BSPA either.

If one is wrong then both are.

Anyway, not wishing to open this can of worms again as the usual suspects will use it as yet another excuse to bash Woffy so let's leave it there.

On the flip side Woffinden received no support from the BSPA either.

If one is wrong then both are.

Anyway, not wishing to open this can of worms again as the usual suspects will use it as yet another excuse to bash Woffy so let's leave it there.

Do you mean that Wolfy didn't get the financial support he wanted from the BSPA or the testimonial he clearly thought they would give him,sadly he blew it.

Greg off a bike is another embarrassment and the sooner he retires the better for the sport.

• Like 1

Do you mean that Wolfy didn't get the financial support he wanted from the BSPA or the testimonial he clearly thought they would give him,sadly he blew it.

Greg off a bike is another embarrassment and the sooner he retires the better for the sport.

No I'm referring in part to the ridiculous British semi final farce. If you want your British and world champion to take part ensure you either A:make it easier for him to make the semi date or B:seed him to the final.

It's not difficult.

Either way I'm not getting into another discussion with you about our best British rider to give you more chance to continue your 'I hate Woffy' campaign.

As it's a Coventry thread let's not get into any further debates as it's wasted air.

''Happy?'' -- Errr I think relieved or grateful would be a better choice of words.

• Like 2