British Speedway Forum

It cannot be run by the club if they want the draw to be a stadium fund.

Edited by woz01

He definitely doesn't help himself with the ideas he comes up with.

Im wondering whatever happened to the, "buy a house fund" that was meant to happen to buy a house that foreign base riders could live in.

Nothing probably. Just another crackpot idea that no-one would give money for. :lol:

Im wondering whatever happened to the, "buy a house fund" that was meant to happen to buy a house that foreign base riders could live in.

Not sure there was ever a proposal for that was there? I do remember they asked if we knew of houses for sale locally, surely a Google search would've done.

Just to be clear, there could be a 50/50 this season but it won't be run independently by the NSSC.

Before the end of last season Mick Horton advised the NSSC that they were welcome to run the 50/50 in 2017 as long as the proceeds went to a 'Future home fund', not to the riders as usual. The NSSC canvassed regular ticket buyers at the ELRC, took a straw poll at an NSSC event and also a vote at the AGM. The overwhelming response was that supporters wished to continue donating the proceeds to the Storm riders and the Bees reserves. This conflicts with the Bees management's preferred use of the funds so the NSSC has reluctantly withdrawn from managing the 50/50 Draw.

Mick Horton thanked the NSSC for their efforts over the years.

Russ Bott NSSC

Talk about alienating those who want to support you. What an absolute t***** Horton is. And yet still some see Sandhu as the only villain here ...

Horton never was any kind of "saviour" ( remember Peterborough ) he is and always has been a chancer - as he is now with the "temporary" move to track share with Leicester. When it turns out he can't get back to Brandon ( as is very likely ) he will pull the shutters down on a loss making run in Leicester.

• Like 3

So what did Scott Nicholls have to say about the Brandon situation last night, how many turned up ?

You'll do well to get an answer, it's usually a secret.

• Like 1

When will work on renovating the Brandon Stadium begin?

A deal needs to be agreed between Sandhu and Brandon Estates first.

Just to be clear, there could be a 50/50 this season but it won't be run independently by the NSSC.

Before the end of last season Mick Horton advised the NSSC that they were welcome to run the 50/50 in 2017 as long as the proceeds went to a 'Future home fund', not to the riders as usual. The NSSC canvassed regular ticket buyers at the ELRC, took a straw poll at an NSSC event and also a vote at the AGM. The overwhelming response was that supporters wished to continue donating the proceeds to the Storm riders and the Bees reserves. This conflicts with the Bees management's preferred use of the funds so the NSSC has reluctantly withdrawn from managing the 50/50 Draw.

Mick Horton thanked the NSSC for their efforts over the years.

Russ Bott NSSC

What a piece he is! Does he want to alienate us any more. We had this before and it failed....Mainly because people were so pissed off about it, is he just plain stupid!

As Gem say's I thought Sandhu was paying for a new stadium.......

Well I wouldn't be giving anything towards a stadium fund. Who knows where the money would end up. Anyway, what does it mean exactly? Putting right the present stadium or towards building a new one? I very much doubt if the latter will ever happen and I thought Sandhu was in charge of sorting out the former.

I wouldn't give him a penny either. It's unreal that he thinks people will..

I don't expect to see Speedway at Brandon again, with or without the 50/50 donations...

• Like 1

It is unfortunately another PR disaster and the reaction or more sarcastic laughter when it was announced last night says it all. Sandhu has the money, Sandhu it looks is helping fund the bees this season so I just don't get where Mick thinks he needs funds for a stadium?

The riders, especially the younger riders and the storm I imagine found the money a real help, now it's being asked to fund what? New stadium or really towards the running costs of the current season?? Why not run an 80/20 to help things a little more?

After the winter we have had, to add more bad feeling is unreal and annoy the fans he wants to get behind the team, give us a few lines of how we are in it together !! Utter crap. Don't bite the hand that feeds you comes to mind.

• Like 3