British Speedway Forum

I would be interested to know what the "more important matters within the sport" are that are referred to in Horton's statement. They must be huge if they are bigger than closing the Bees down!

It's called 'trying to deflect the attention away from him.'

• Like 4

As I posted on another thread, that comment from Mr Horton caught my eye.

I hope you are right with your view Danny and that there's not some other devastation around the corner.

At this time of the season, for the life of me I cannot think what it might be.

Hopefully it is a crisis in the way a crisis was defined at Ipswich Town FC when the Cobbolds were directors. Crisis = no lemon for the half-time G&T. You have to like their style.

That appears to be an astonishing claim. On what basis is it being made? Why should a rider be charged for a deal when presumably transfers are between clubs? Where has this claim by Horton against Hancock been publicised elsewhere?

Like your goodself speedibee on the face of what you have posted I am simply bewildered by it.

Are you trolling or are you really this dim? Fans have lost their club and you pollute the thread with this kind of nonsense.

Bees fans I hope a miracle happens and you come back to the tapes on 2018. One of the sport's biggest names.

Edited by waihekeaces1

horton didnt get much from the radio programme yesterday, rory and chris made some very good comments about sandhu and rick frost rory saying they were the best two promoters he rode for by far

and that they were chased out by the bspa , cuz they were forward thinking (independent body)

bomber saying when sandhu promised something it was there ,, unlike horton is what i cud gather he was trying to get across , which tells me thats probly the reason he left coventry he had enough of the bullshat

sandhu trashing the place or really the folk sandhu employed to take his assets and trashing the place really did it ,,, but when you hear he had no choice because horton failed to sign the lease to allow sabndhu access to run stocks ,, due to them not talking and obviously wanting to get one over each other ,

horton didnt get much from the radio programme yesterday, rory and chris made some very good comments about sandhu and rick frost rory saying they were the best two promoters he rode for by far

and that they were chased out by the bspa , cuz they were forward thinking (independent body)

bomber saying when sandhu promised something it was there ,, unlike horton is what i cud gather he was trying to get across , which tells me thats probly the reason he left coventry he had enough of the bullshat

sandhu trashing the place or really the folk sandhu employed to take his assets and trashing the place really did it ,,, but when you hear he had no choice because horton failed to sign the lease to allow sabndhu access to run stocks ,, due to them not talking and obviously wanting to get one over each other ,

Brandon Estates didn't want Sandhu to operate at Brandon not Horton. Horton wasn't prepared to sign the lease until Sandhu was allowed to run his stox as he needed his money. Even if Horton did sign the lease Sandhu would've took his stuff anyway because he wasn't allowed to operate at Brandon Stadium. Why do you think Horton had to get a new lease instead of Sandhu extending his?

• Like 4

Perhaps it's this? http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=83639

.......heathen chemistry......horton didnt get much from the radio programme yesterday, rory and chris made some very good comments about sandhu and rick frost rory saying they were the best two promoters he rode for by far.

Well they would be the best wouldn't they? Both loaded and able to pay out the top rates which is all that matters to riders.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 5

I wonder if Horton will still receive the loan money for Coventry owned riders or will the BSPA bank that money ?

If he does own then why shouldn't he get the loan fee or sale price. BSPA take over the asset only to look after the riders.

Or an ambush

• Like 1

Instead of spreading rubbish as usual, I would suggest you read woz01 's post #4630 below yours if you really want to hear the truth.

That appears to be an astonishing claim. On what basis is it being made? Why should a rider be charged for a deal when presumably transfers are between clubs? Where has this claim by Horton against Hancock been publicised elsewhere?

Like your goodself speedibee on the face of what you have posted I am simply bewildered by it.

I was suggesting he did , hancock had a contract with coventry bought from cradley heath , if he no longer wanted to ride then .fine , but he does and is till owned by coventry , so if he wishes to ride for another club regardless of what country it is in , then he should reimburse the club who hold his contract , could you see manchester united , letting wayne rooney walk away and play for barcelona free of charge ,of course not .so why should hancock get away with it

I find it staggering that anyone can have faith in Sandhu. If people did research on Brandon Estates (used to be investin brandon) then they may change their mind.

who have you got your faith in surly not Horton

In a strange way I feel for them all. None I am sure went into this wanting this outcome. All I am sure if we could go back to September they would do things differently.

All have a twist on what they think is the truth.

Horton- has lost money

Sandhu- no stox income, may hold the fixtures but not attracting crowds like Brandon.

Brandon Estates- purchased the land legally.

On the radio Yesterday Buster mentioned we were in a mess coming into the season just gone so it's a ticking time bomb, Wayne Roberts said it was the banks that forced the sale of Brandon. If Sandhu is a multi millionaire and wants to buy land and build a stadium and was willing to pay the whole rent for this year then why was Brandon on its arse?

A time comes when a line is drawn under the past, even if it was in black and white who actually did what it would still be challenged and it's a waste of time and energy.

Trying to find a buyer and us showing we have a good fan base to make it viable is what we need.What is the club value worth now as we have many riders on the books who at the time we at their peak and now towards the end of their career.

Pointing blame, looking to see where Sandhu sits in Brandon estates .. why? It won't change anything. It's gone, done with. I am going to enjoy an impartial year following Rye House, a few visits to Leicester, Wolverhampton and Belle Vue.

Still so much to fight for so stop looking back and let's hope with Jeff Davies and co it could open a new look Coventry in the very near future.

good post there is to much trying to lay the blame get behind David Row genuine bloke stood with him on the terreces for a lot of seasons with his contacts he could make things happen for 2018 forget the past that's gone look to getting back in18

Brandon Estates didn't want Sandhu to operate at Brandon not Horton. Horton wasn't prepared to sign the lease until Sandhu was allowed to run his stox as he needed his money. Even if Horton did sign the lease Sandhu would've took his stuff anyway because he wasn't allowed to operate at Brandon Stadium. Why do you think Horton had to get a new lease instead of Sandhu extending his?

and you have all this on record or are you guessing

When you sell property ie a house unless you come to an agreement with the puchaser you remove your assets when the sale is complete no different to Sandu. Surely Horton didn't think he would get a stadium ready to go without paying for items

Edited by kingbee
  • Like 1

So Bees gone and talk of SKY dropping speedway (I only rejoined SKY Sport for the speedway and don't have BT Sport!)

Anybody else want a kick while I'm down?

• Like 1

So Bees gone and talk of SKY dropping speedway (I only rejoined SKY Sport for the speedway and don't have BT Sport!)

Anybody else want a kick while I'm down?

have seen no proof that sky are dropping speedway.

Councilor Stokes would be my bet.

good post there is to much trying to lay the blame get behind David Row genuine bloke stood with him on the terreces for a lot of seasons with his contacts he could make things happen for 2018 forget the past that's gone look to getting back in18

When you sell property ie a house unless you come to an agreement with the puchaser you remove your assets when the sale is complete no different to Sandu. Surely Horton didn't think he would get a stadium ready to go without paying for items

How the hell is David Rowe going to save the club. Is he a secret millionaire?

No I don't have trust in Horton either but I was talking about the stadium issue.

It's quite common knowledge that Brandon Estates don't want Sandhu operating at Brandon. I have no issue with Sandhu taking his stuff I'd have done the same in his situation with what I hear now. The problem is Horton had to get the lease as Brandon Estates wouldn't let Sandhu extending his, Sandhu extending would've made more sense don't you think? Horton needed Sandhu (money and equipment) which Sandhu was prepared to do but Brandon Estates continually blocked it. It was virtually game over once Brandon Estates got the police involved. I don't think the situation would be any different if the stadium was fit and ready to go.

Cllr Stokes statement is probably the only one any of us can really trust

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1