British Speedway Forum

I'm you son and will be after 18 years worth of maintenance because of your incompetence & neglect.

Happy Tuesday :drink:

Translation please

• Like 1

Translation please

Well done - I couldn't understand it either. :t::drink:

The Coventry Observer piece apported to be from "bomber" Harris tells its own story - he appears to have real faith in Colin Pratt / Sandhu and at current times too !!! also indicating his riding days FOR Coventry may not be over. The issue obviously is with the Peterborough based duo of Horton and Watson (or even a third "individual" being the infamous brother Colin, if he really is a different person to Mick!) Had a bad day at work today as at lunchtime brought soup from the canteen - then happened to read the Speedwaygb.co.uk statement from Mick Horton. The soup was endless ! The tears of sadness or tears of laughter kept filling up my cup ? There was only one.

The Coventry Observer piece apported to be from "bomber" Harris tells its own story - he appears to have real faith in Colin Pratt / Sandhu and at current times too !!! also indicating his riding days FOR Coventry may not be over. The issue obviously is with the Peterborough based duo of Horton and Watson (or even a third "individual" being the infamous brother Colin, if he really is a different person to Mick!) Had a bad day at work today as at lunchtime brought soup from the canteen - then happened to read the Speedwaygb.co.uk statement from Mick Horton. The soup was endless ! The tears of sadness or tears of laughter kept filling up my cup ? There was only one.

Mick Horton is not Peterborough based he resides in Market Deeping which is between 15 to 20 miles outside of Peterborough and it is classed as in Lincolnshire although it has a PE postcode . With his luck and judgement I think he's making the correct decision to get out of the promoting side of the sport, anybody who would want to spend £200,000 on a venture that had a max lifespan of only 3 years is not in there right mind. but it doesn't surprise me he's got his fingers burnt once again.

• Like 1

Mick Horton is not Peterborough based he resides in Market Deeping which is between 15 to 20 miles outside of Peterborough and it is classed as in Lincolnshire although it has a PE postcode . With his luck and judgement I think he's making the correct decision to get out of the promoting side of the sport, anybody who would want to spend £200,000 on a venture that had a max lifespan of only 3 years is not in there right mind. but it doesn't surprise me he's got his fingers burnt once again.

Except that he didn't invest 200k on a three year venture, he bought in in 2011.

Edited by Dave Jones

Hancock seems to be allowed to get away with whatever the hell he likes, short changing fans the biggest crime, yet somehow he is still hero worshipped in the UK.

Not by me , I have not been a fan of his since he turned his back on Coventry and British speedway , his crimes last season just added fuel to the fire . it's time the BSPA sorted this contracts out . either dump the asset system or seek repayment from the likes of hancock ,

And for those of us whose first language is English?

Translation please

Well done - I couldn't understand it either. :t::drink:

What's wrong with you all? Even I can understand the joke. :lol: Oleoleole asked if anyone else wanted a kick while he's down and that was the reply. The only thing wrong is he's missed off the 'r' at the end of your son. Probably ruined the joke though by doing that. Never mind. :P

• Like 1

On the Coventry and Hancock thing. Many years back didn't you choose to go with aj and lee Richardson over Hancock and that's what gave him the hump. So later joined wagstaff at Oxford then reading.

I remember reading that he was really cheesed off with the circumstances.

Anyway. Feels out of place talking about this.

Coventry need to find a site to run speedway. That's been aparent since pretty much December. I feel that's more likely whiles Stokes has influence so really it is a case of getting on top of things in actions fast before too much time is wasted and the impact is less raw

Horton pretty much washing his hands on Coventry since the news isn't ideal because you need a leader. Somebody needs to stand up and stop talking about what has happened and start talking about putting a plan in place for the future. Talking about what is going to be done to make sure this isn't the complete end. Maybe fans have a role to play in this. If there is a leader in place and somebody knows a person with plenty of land. Such as a farmer then just the announcement of possibilities keeps the ball rolling. 1 random chat to the right person could cause a miracle in the long term.

What's happened has happened and it sucks big time. But there is a possible future if people act.

Horton pretty much washing his hands on Coventry since the news isn't ideal because you need a leader.

What's happened has happened and it sucks big time. But there is a possible future if people act.

Horton still holds the license for promoting Coventry speedway which if he is not to be involved in the future of Coventry Speedway then the license will need to be acquired by those new folk brave enough to take it on. This will be one way he gets some if not all of his investment back

This came from Jeremy Heaver and you believe it? Tell me then if Sandhu was allowed to run stox why didn't he just extend the lease instead of getting Horton to do it? Why get someone else to do it but still pay for everything? Why was Sandhu adamant that 2016 would be the last? All parties have pretty much said there is an issue between Sandhu and Brandon Estates yet some still seem to dismiss it. If there was no issue then stadium would be all ready to race wouldn't it? Sandhu wouldve negotiated his own lease with them and he wouldn't need to cancel 2 stox fixtures. Maybe one day Sandhu and Brandon Estates can turn things around and sort it but it's highly unlikely.

This came from Jeremy Heaver and you believe it? Tell me then if Sandhu was allowed to run stox why didn't he just extend the lease instead of getting Horton to do it? Why get someone else to do it but still pay for everything? Why was Sandhu adamant that 2016 would be the last? All parties have pretty much said there is an issue between Sandhu and Brandon Estates yet some still seem to dismiss it. If there was no issue then stadium would be all ready to race wouldn't it? Sandhu wouldve negotiated his own lease with them and he wouldn't need to cancel 2 stox fixtures. Maybe one day Sandhu and Brandon Estates can turn things around and sort it but it's highly unlikely.

Sandhu will only "sort it out " if brandon estates (which I still believe he is involved with or duped into buying the stadium with more lies ) go cap in hand to HIM , he has thrown his toys out once again and expects everybody to run after him .. brandon estates dont care about speedway it's supporters or stockcars , their only interest is money just like sandhu .

• Like 6

Sounds like Sandhu really does want his revenge after being shafted a few years ago, interesting that Riders seem to have total respect for him, unlike certain other individuals involved.

FRIDAY 10th MARCH. 4pm

BRANDON STADIUM

SAVE OUR BEES: Help support our campaign by joining us outside Coventry Stadium next week

THE COVENTRY Observer is inviting everyone supporting our Save Our Bees campaign to join us outside Coventry Stadium next Friday for a special photo call.

Since launching our campaign on Monday, we have received tremendous support and we now want to make it publicly clear what this club means to the people of Coventry.

On Friday, March 10, at 4pm outside Coventry Stadium we will be hosting a photo-call and we want fans of all generations to turn out and show their support for the world-famous club.

There will be opportunities to tell us what the Coventry Bees speedway team means to you and add what you think can be done from here to help save your club.

We are asking fans to aim to get to the stadium for 3.30pm with a group photo taking place between 4pm and 4.15pm giving fans time to make their way to the stadium following the school-run.

There will also be the opportunity to have your own individual picture taken to support our campaign.

We will be meeting outside the main entrance to the stadium.

Campaign leader Shaun Reynolds said: This club cannot be lost.

As a keen follower of speedway, I was extremely saddened to hear the news when checking my phone on Sunday morning.

Last year we ran a series of features with riders, MPs and campaigners about concern surrounding the future of the Bees.

We received tremendous support, and we hope our campaign can help bring the Bees back to life in time for 2018 season.

The Bees has a tremendous fan-base, its a community club people interact at the track, online and friends are made for life.

Lets keep this community spirit going.

Were inviting everyone fans, riders, residents to turn out and show your support for your club.

Bring a flag, bring an airhorn, bring a friend and wear your most extravagant Coventry Bees jacket. Lets show Coventry how much we love this club.

Visit https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/campaign-save-our-bees-a-coventry-observer-campaign-to-get-the-bees-back-on-track/ for more information about the Save Our Bees campaign.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2

While all this save the stadium is going on the real issue of why the track is not running needs to be addressed or more to the point who is the reason it's not running , it's no good guessing , there are people out there who know where the problem is but are not saying , you could be focusing all your efforts on to the wrong people , people need to speak up , get to the root of the problem and then you might be able to make inroads about getting Coventry back

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2