British Speedway Forum

While all this save the stadium is going on the real issue of why the track is not running needs to be addressed or more to the point who is the reason it's not running , it's no good guessing , there are people out there who know where the problem is but are not saying , you could be focusing all your efforts on to the wrong people , people need to speak up , get to the root of the problem and then you might be able to make inroads about getting Coventry back

Exactly talk to the people that matter it's not Horton or Sandu they will just tell you a load of bull.Somebody knows the real reason why they don't want speedway in the Stadium(I think we all know the reason behind it ).it would save a lot of timewasting.Council need too clarify if there will ever be consent given for housing and it's time to move on.

I was suggesting he did , hancock had a contract with coventry bought from cradley heath , if he no longer wanted to ride then .fine , but he does and is till owned by coventry , so if he wishes to ride for another club regardless of what country it is in , then he should reimburse the club who hold his contract , could you see manchester united , letting wayne rooney walk away and play for barcelona free of charge ,of course not .so why should hancock get away with it

Holy moly - Greg Hancock is Greg Hancock and gets away all sorts of excrement because of who he is. the sooner he retires the better - yet another yank (Trump as an example) the world don't need !!!

Is there mass unemployment in Coventry? Because who the hell can get to Brandon for 3.30 pm on a week day?

• Like 7

The Peterborough v coventry meeting is still going ahead. A good opportunity for all Coventry fans to celebrate your club.

It's all very sad about the Coventry Bees situation, however I can't see or understand the vitriolic abuse of Greg Hancock, it has no bearing on the situation at Brandon. Any anger should not be pointed at him but as those people who have put us into this situation I.e. Avtar Sandhu and Brandon Estates if they are not one of the same. With Mick Norton jumping ship we are rudderless and if there is any possibility of a Brandon return then it needs one rated effort by a group that should formed ASAP.

Is there mass unemployment in Coventry? Because who the hell can get to Brandon for 3.30 pm on a week day?

Precisely my thinking.

Speedway already has a Darby and Joan image, and this is just going to compound this. How many working people can get to Brandon for 4pm on a Friday? There is a reason sports events don't take place on weekday afternoons!

I know people are well intentioned, and perhaps I just feel negative at the moment, but a small crowd of OAPs standing outside the gates looking sad isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

• Like 1

Precisely my thinking.

Speedway already has a Darby and Joan image, and this is just going to compound this. How many working people can get to Brandon for 4pm on a Friday? There is a reason sports events don't take place on weekday afternoons!

I know people are well intentioned, and perhaps I just feel negative at the moment, but a small crowd of OAPs standing outside the gates looking sad isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

Perhaps the time set for the 'photo session' is to coincide with the Press schedule of the newspaper concerned? :unsure:

Perhaps the time set for the 'photo session' is to coincide with the Press schedule of the newspaper concerned? :unsure:

Coventry Observer are a free weekly newspaper. Think it comes out every midweek

Touch FM have an update on the Bees at 8am.

Edited by woz01

Coventry Observer are a free weekly newspaper. Think it comes out every midweek

Touch FM have an update on the Bees at 8am.

What is there to update

What is there to update

Could be anything

Sandhu taking over

Stadium sale confirmation

Planning permission granted

Bees rights sold to a totally new investor

Stock cars returning

etc etc etc

It may be totally irrelevant news, who knows.

Yep it could be a number of things.

I didn't listen but it seems it wasn't even mentioned.

Edited by woz01

It might just be to let people know about campaign or possibility of the Peterborough challenge meeting

• Like 2

I have to agree, as much as this is a great thought and we need to do all we can but the timing couldn't be worse. We are not short of a photographer in all this, a Saturday lunchtime would be much better as other people have stated it could look horrendous if 30 people turn up. Maximum exposure with all age groups to show the family connection to the sport. Kids with bikes, even get the Thompson lads there kitted out... Plus the stox community you get them involved and double the number. A few local drivers, get them to bring a car along... Ex riders support is also worth looking at.

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 1

So what did they say, anyone?

Apparently it was just about the Peterborough fixture.

It seems we may do some challenge matches during the season.