British Speedway Forum

I'm not knocking it, but it's a no-brainer from the promoters.

We're a cash cow now, and the promoters know it. We'll bring huge crowds to these meetings.

In losing Coventry, they've also lost one of their biggest away followings. These fixtures will compensate for that.

"Huge crowds" really?

• Like 1

CVS has done great with this, a good gesture and if you are a Bees fan and you want to watch some speedway this year where might you go? Leicester or wolves. I am not saying he has only done it to try and increase the gates this year but as a businessman it makes sense to try and attract Bees fans especially as Leicester track (until the improvements) was not always popular.

I would like to have thought we would have done the same thing, local rivals but sometimes neighbours come in handy.

• Like 1

I must say I am disappointed that the "save our Speedway" group appear to have been anonymous in the last few months, I wonder what has happened to them?

Do you mean 'save Coventry speedway'? If you do, it's essentially a Facebook group that we set up, as well as organising two public meetings, arranging one to one meetings with Rugby DC, MH, Heaver and others. We've certainly been working away behind the scenes , given that essentially it is just two of us and the amount of work that Dave Carter has put in on the planning side has been huge.

I have had to move from the Midlands and am crazy busy with my main work project so I've done what I can from the south coast since January, keeping in touch with developments and doing several interviews with BBC C&W as well as driving up on Wednesday to join forces with the new group brought together by Jeff Davies and David Rowe.

There may not have been much to say publicly with such a complicated debacle of a situation but rest assured, we are all working away to do what we can and you will see plenty of movement and initiative in the coming weeks.

Pete

• Like 9

G the Bee what utter rubbish we are down not out. Your reply is sad I have been to Nuneaton speedway supporters meeting tonight and am full of admiration for the action being taken by their members to keep Bees alive. Yes we haven't got a stadium but the spirit is still there and what has to happen this season is NOT to slink away and die but to keep the name alive. Don't know if it will work but at least it's worth a try. We have Rugby Council on our side it's time for this sort of attitude to be condemned and praise to the committee that has been formed to try to take positive action. I must say I am disappointed that the "save our Speedway" group appear to have been anonymous in the last few months, I wonder what has happened to them?

I think you've over-reacted. I'm not sure I understand what I said that was rubbish?

Do you think these promoters are offering meetings against a Bees team out of charitable benevolence? I suspect the meetings will be a nice little earner for both the Wolves and Peterborough promotions during a quiet part of the season when riders are looking for track time. That was the point I was making.

Personally, I think we are dead, buried, down and out, but I appreciate the sentiment of your post,

For what it's worth, I'll be at Peterborough. My own personal opinion is that we've just become another Cradley, but as long as people like Jeff keep the flag flying, I'll support them.

Heartbreaking to see the state of Brandon following a report on last night's Midlands Today.One woman nearly in tears when she was interviewed.You can't really see a return to that stadium,just hope they can find a plot of land somewhere,for a resurgence of the Bee,s.They will be sorely missed.

Tommy Sweetman, on 11 Mar 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Heartbreaking to see the state of Brandon following a report on last night's Midlands Today.One woman nearly in tears when she was interviewed.You can't really see a return to that stadium,just hope they can find a plot of land somewhere,for a resurgence of the Bee,s.They will be sorely missed.

I have just been shown the piece on Midlands Today ... The only thing I can ask is ............MR SANDHU WHY ???????

I have just been shown the piece on Midlands Today ... The only thing I can ask is ............MR SANDHU WHY ???????

GREED!

Jacques, on 11 Mar 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

GREED!

The Stox meetings that should have been at Brandon will be moved to other tracks I am led to believe ...So how will Mr Sandhu be able to look the punters in the eye who were Coventry regulars ??

• Like 1

The Stox meetings that should have been at Brandon will be moved to other tracks I am led to believe ...So how will Mr Sandhu be able to look the punters in the eye who were Coventry regulars ??

Quite!

I suspect he doesn't care. How could he, when he's done that to the stadium!?

Interesting points from the lawyer who was there yesterday.

Did councillor stokes make it?? Still confused as to why fans were not even allowed on the land then suddenly they were allowed inside?

£240,000 was the reported sponsorship from Brandon estates if that was over one season with 16 meetings that's £15,000 a meeting before a supporter has paid a penny. That would cover riders costs or close to it. So if Sandhu was prepared to cover other bills then what actually was Mick paying for?

I hope once and for all now the Sandhu/Brandon Estates link or lack of it will be accepted. Still seems daft, a smooth transition offer 3-5 years to find and build a new stadium, fans get to see sports they love, riders have a job and Brandon estates get rent on the land. Simply crazy with politics or not.

If a new stadium is to be built considering the car park is filled on stock car events, it's going to take some area of land.

We watch and wait and keep everything crossed.

CVS has done great with this, a good gesture and if you are a Bees fan and you want to watch some speedway this year where might you go? Leicester or wolves. I am not saying he has only done it to try and increase the gates this year but as a businessman it makes sense to try and attract Bees fans especially as Leicester track (until the improvements) was not always popular.

I would like to have thought we would have done the same thing, local rivals but sometimes neighbours come in handy.

I'll almost certainly be going to wolves for this one,

thanks to CvS for his assistance in keeping the Bees flag flying

Was'nt CVS one of the group in charge of pulling the plug on the Coventry Bees, it appears a big pay day for him and nothing else.

Edited by rocketman77

How on earth is CVS dragged into this?

No i can't understand that bit either..

• Like 1

Was'nt CVS one of the group in charge of pulling the plug on the Coventry Bees, it appears a big pay day for him and nothing else.

I,m no big fan of CVS,but this qualifies for one of the most senseless posts of 2017 so far.

How on earth does the demise of the Bee,s,help CVS in a one off fixture.

The league meetings between the two clubs,are often the biggest money spinners of the season,so it beggars belife if you think otherwise.

Unbelievable Jeff.

• Like 4