British Speedway Forum

You want facts ??

Fact 1. Sandhu bought the stadium.

Fact 2. Sandhu planned to sell the land

Fact 3. Sandhu sold to Brandon Estates for a paltry few million.

Fact 4. Brandon Estates don't won't speedway.

Fact 5. Horton and Sandhu get into ego bumping in the winter resulting in the stadium strip and refusal to sign a new lease.

Fact 6. Sandhu says he will pay to put things right to get the stadium ready for use at a rumoured 3/4 million.

Fact 7. Brandon Estates refuse anyone to enter the stadium.

Fact 8. Horton announces a side and an intent to race at Leicester before returning back to Brandon.

Fact 9. Sandhu said he would help the club find new Land to rebuild the club at a different location (didn't you already have land and a stadium Sandhu??)

Fact 10. Money promised for sponsorship never happened.

Feel free to correct me if any of those FACTS are wrong.

The only other FACTS are is that the BSPA shouldn't have given Coventry a chance to race in 2017 (which has been proven 100% correct) and that they were given false promises that the club failed to deliver on.

Anything else isn't based on fact just assumption.

Hope that helps.

Not everything you have said is 100% FACT

Poole Pirates will ride against a Coventry team in 2017 despite the withdrawal of the famous Midland's club from the newly branded SGB Premiership.

After a winter of much anguish for the Coventry Bees, who had hoped to temporary race at Leicester whilst rectification work would have been undergone at their regular home in Brandon the news last month that they would have to put their licence on ice came as a major blow to speedway fans up and down the country, but Poole will host a challenge meeting against Coventry on Wednesday 19th April.

Explaining the arrangement Poole chief Matt Ford said, "Over the last 10 years or so Coventry have been one of our biggest rivals and there is no doubt that they are one of British Speedway's legendary clubs. There is no way I want to see such a big club be totally lost to our sport and, along with a number of other Premiership clubs, we will be doing our best to keep the name of this speedway giant alive.

"We are honouring the original date in our fixture list of Coventry coming to us on 19th April and with just one change they will field the team they had initially declared when intending to race on in the Premiership. That change will see Chris Harris represent the Bees in place of Kenneth Bjerre and as "Bomber" has been a Bees regular in recent times then his inclusion seems most appropriate."

• Like 1

Poole Pirates will ride against a Coventry team in 2017 despite the withdrawal of the famous Midland's club from the newly branded SGB Premiership.

After a winter of much anguish for the Coventry Bees, who had hoped to temporary race at Leicester whilst rectification work would have been undergone at their regular home in Brandon the news last month that they would have to put their licence on ice came as a major blow to speedway fans up and down the country, but Poole will host a challenge meeting against Coventry on Wednesday 19th April.

Explaining the arrangement Poole chief Matt Ford said, "Over the last 10 years or so Coventry have been one of our biggest rivals and there is no doubt that they are one of British Speedway's legendary clubs. There is no way I want to see such a big club be totally lost to our sport and, along with a number of other Premiership clubs, we will be doing our best to keep the name of this speedway giant alive.

"We are honouring the original date in our fixture list of Coventry coming to us on 19th April and with just one change they will field the team they had initially declared when intending to race on in the Premiership. That change will see Chris Harris represent the Bees in place of Kenneth Bjerre and as "Bomber" has been a Bees regular in recent times then his inclusion seems most appropriate."

Any Coventry fans going to make the trip down ? Come and sample the delights of proper fresh air and and the delights of dorset.. ;)

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Not everything you have said is 100% FACT

Feel free to correct me then.

You want facts ??

Fact 1. Sandhu bought the stadium.

Fact 2. Sandhu planned to sell the land

Fact 3. Sandhu sold to Brandon Estates for a paltry few million.

Fact 4. Brandon Estates don't won't speedway.

Fact 5. Horton and Sandhu get into ego bumping in the winter resulting in the stadium strip and refusal to sign a new lease.

Fact 6. Sandhu says he will pay to put things right to get the stadium ready for use at a rumoured 3/4 million.

Fact 7. Brandon Estates refuse anyone to enter the stadium.

Fact 8. Horton announces a side and an intent to race at Leicester before returning back to Brandon.

Fact 9. Sandhu said he would help the club find new Land to rebuild the club at a different location (didn't you already have land and a stadium Sandhu??)

Fact 10. Money promised for sponsorship never happened.

Feel free to correct me if any of those FACTS are wrong.

The only other FACTS are is that the BSPA shouldn't have given Coventry a chance to race in 2017 (which has been proven 100% correct) and that they were given false promises that the club failed to deliver on.

Anything else isn't based on fact just assumption.

Hope that helps.

Sandhu did not sell the stadium to Brandon Estates

• Like 1

Come on Ron, Brum is never wrong ... :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 2

Any Coventry fans going to make the trip down ? Come and sample the delights of proper fresh air and and the delights of dorset.. ;)

I dislike your track but love Coventry Bees so I will endeavour to make this trip.

I dislike your track but love Coventry Bees so I will endeavour to make this trip.

Ah, thats one then .. ;)

Kenneth Bjerre won't be needing any of the money raised now as he has signed for Belle Vue so won't be at a loss

• Like 1

So who owned it and who sold it to whom?

• Like 1

So who owned it and who sold it to whom?

Oww don't confuse him mate.. :nono:

If you dislike the Wimborne Road track you must have hated the Brandon track. At least you see a good amount of passing at Poole.

• Like 1

If you dislike the Wimborne Road track you must have hated the Brandon track. At least you see a good amount of passing at Poole.

In all my years watching speedway, both tracks have served up classic meetings/racing in the past, just like any other track.

Sure, tracks have changed somewhat from the 70's but I have witnessed some of the best racing I've ever seen at both tracks. Wilson v Ashby British final run off at Coventry and Harris's pass on Holder during the play off final (Poole v Coventry).

Re Peterborough next Sunday - was 90 percent certain to go along - what would make it 100 % would for bomber to replace Bjerre as number 1 - am sure if available Chris would jump at the chance and show his loyalty to his Coventry fans - especially now that Kenneth had no alllegience to the Coventry body coat ! Sure that peterborough fans would also relish the chance to see such an icon back at the showground. MAKE IT HAPPEN Speedway promoter guys - me thinks would obviously swell the money pot for the likes to re-imburse James and Lewis - who reckon have spent money to re-invest in their futures. Regardless here is hoping for a cracking weather forecast and for Peterborough - a most amazing speedway circuit - to do good.

• Like 3