British Speedway Forum

If that's the case, then why can't we be told ?

After all Horton is out of speedway now isn't he , so no fears about upsetting the establishment.

Unless of course he has plans to re -appear somewhere else and do his usual job on yet another club.

I suppose that isn't beyond the bounds of possibility either.

If that's the case, then why can't we be told ?

After all Horton is out of speedway now isn't he , so no fears about upsetting the establishment.

Unless of course he has plans to re -appear somewhere else and do his usual job on yet another club.

I dont know but i guess there could be confidentiality agreements in place which is why we've heard nothing off any of them apart from Hortons statement regarding Bees being pulled out.

It's Brandon Estates that need to answer that question. Why won't they let Sandhu operate at Brandon? Stox not running either remember.

Maybe because he destroyed there stadium.

If sandhu hadn't destroyed Brandon then the bees maybe racing this season maybe under a different promoter if the bspa had acted earlier to remove horton.

• Like 1

If sandhu hadn't destroyed Brandon then the bees maybe racing this season maybe under a different promoter if the bspa had acted earlier to remove horton.

Brandon Estates not wanting Sandhu operating at Brandon came before that. Why do you think Sandhu didn't get an extension on the lease he had? I always found that strange and even more so when it was announced he was willing to still pay all the bills. Bees cannot run at the stadium without Stox too. Unless of course there is someone with tonnes of cash. Edited by woz01

The BSPA have not 'removed' Mick from Coventry - he remains the Club owner although the Bees are unable to race in 2017.

• Like 2

I would imagine the most valuable bit is the name. The asset based purchased with the club from Sandhu has greatly depreciated or been sold.

The BSPA have not 'removed' Mick from Coventry - he remains the Club owner although the Bees are unable to race in 2017.

He cannot run a team without a promoters licence which it seems he doesn't have anymore,

You also say the bees are unable to race in 2017 what makes you think they will race in 2018 ?

Edited by rocketman77

not a lot of good to him though is it Neil if someone else bought the stadium they could run another team under another name ie. Brandon speedway club
  • Like 1

not a lot of good to him though is it Neil if someone else bought the stadium they could run another team under another name ie. Brandon speedway club

IF there was a need to change the name it would have to be something that the wider community can get behind. Warwickshire Bees? Coventry Jaguars? Personally think it would be a mistake to change the name unless there was no other choice.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

Poole is an awful lot better than it was. We now have proper red shale which binds an awful lot bettter than the old junk.

that's good to know, as it binds a lot better than the old junk, I suppose it makes the holes a lot smoother.. :party:

IF there was a need to change the name it would have to be something that the wider community can get behind. Warwickshire Bees? Coventry Jaguars? Personally think it would be a mistake to change the name unless there was no other choice.

Unless you bought the club name from Mr Horton you would have to change the name I would think Rugby Hornets anyone sorry Woz01 I had to get that in after all it is in Rugby borough
  • Like 1

If Mick Horton has the rights to Coventry no other person could come along and start a new club with 30 miles of Coventry. The bspa would notgrant a promoters license.

• Like 1

Unless you bought the club name from Mr Horton you would have to change the name I would think Rugby Hornets anyone sorry Woz01 I had to get that in after all it is in Rugby borough

Luckily it wouldn't cost much anyway, Horton knows that.

If Mick Horton has the rights to Coventry no other person could come along and start a new club with 30 miles of Coventry. The bspa would notgrant a promoters license.

do you really believe that Steve?

do you really believe that Steve?

what does he actually own the rights to he only leased the stadium that has run out.He has not got a team he has a few assets?