British Speedway Forum

New premises needs to be found returning Speedway to Brandon is not going to happen the place is a dump in its current state and I can only see it being flattened, I can't see someone coming back to Brandon with all that has to be done to make it fit for purpose again they would never get a return on it hardly a business opportunity.

I am afraid you have to be realistic its finished at Brandon.

• Like 2

New premises needs to be found returning Speedway to Brandon is not going to happen the place is a dump in its current state and I can only see it being flattened, I can't see someone coming back to Brandon with all that has to be done to make it fit for purpose again they would never get a return on it hardly a business opportunity.

I am afraid you have to be realistic its finished at Brandon.

You could be right.

I, for one though, sincerely hope that you are wrong.

Yes what about the criminal damage too??!!

And more probably.

Lewis Kerr has signed for Poole. That's 5 of the 7 Coventry riders now with a team place 🐝

King : Leicester

Bates: Leicester

K Bjerre: Belle Vue

Sarjeant: Ipswich

Kerr: Poole

I think Garrity's 8.55 average might make it harder for him to find a place

• Like 1

My guess is that there is unlikely to be a return for Coventry as a club anywhere other than at Brandon. Finding a site and building from scratch will take 5 - 10 years if we are lucky. Brandon, however damaged, IS a there now as a stadium - ready-ish to roll. What it needs is someone to purchase it and run it without anyone from the previous promotion involved in any way whatsoever.

• Like 2

And more probably.

What would happen if Police find there is a criminal case for Sandhu to answer and he's then found guilty? Presumably Brandon Estates could claim for full re-instatement of 'as new' fixtures and fittings as well as costs/damages?!

• Like 1

What would happen if Police find there is a criminal case for Sandhu to answer and he's then found guilty? Presumably Brandon Estates could claim for full re-instatement of 'as new' fixtures and fittings as well as costs/damages?!

I imagine it would be pretty difficult to prove a criminal case against Sandhu especially as the police are not keen on disputes over civil matters.

• Like 2

Who in their right mind would invest large sums of money in a stadium with a very short shelf life.

My guess is that there is unlikely to be a return for Coventry as a club anywhere other than at Brandon. Finding a site and building from scratch will take 5 - 10 years if we are lucky. Brandon, however damaged, IS a there now as a stadium - ready-ish to roll. What it needs is someone to purchase it and run it without anyone from the previous promotion involved in any way whatsoever.

Who is going to gamble many thousands to put Brandon in racing order for a stadium that has 2 years operating before they close it down again , Brandon stadium is finished IMO, and if they want to carry on running then they will have to find a new site that has a longer shelf life than 2 years.

If your guess is correct then Coventry speedway is finished sadly.

A fresh start is what is needed, Time is very much against us but we have the best possible people trying to help with the council and the committee that has been put together. It isn't going to be easy but doing something is better than a shrug of the shoulders and saying that's it.

The matter does seem very complex between Sandhu and Brandon Estates. The Money Brandon Estates could get over the next 5-8 years while planning is going through or being looked at would benefit much more than going to court over something that was documented as going to be fixed at no cost to them. The local community along with speedway and stox fans are the people missing out here so I would rather the council help find land for us, Let Brandon Estates sit on that land for the next 30 years with no planning allowed. It was purchased as a working stadium and not a housing estate so it should be kept this way until the speedway club has a new permanent home.

There can be no "winner" in the fixtures and fittings debate, Sandhu found guilty he says bye bye. Brandon Estates found guilty and they just keep the gates locked.

New ground, New start ... We don't want the speedway club held to ransom every few years. More fans lost to the sport as I won't attend as many meetings at all this year, The bees were one of the best supported teams in the land so I guess our cash along with hundreds as the years have gone by goes out of the speedway pocket.

• Like 2

Congratulations to Jason Garrity on winning the Julie Lewis memorial meeting at Redcar tonight with a 15pt full Maximum 👍🏻

A good night for Coventry's other 2017 original riders as well.

King scored a paid maximum for Ipswich

Sarjeant scored 6+1 in the same meeting

Bates scored 7 in Sheffield's win over Somerset

• Like 1

Another good night for 2017 bees riders

Kenneth Bjerre won the Peter Craven meeting at his new track

Bates scored 14 and L Bjerre 11 in Leicester's win against Swindon

King scored 10 & Sarjeant 5 for Ipswich

also heard tonight Wolves are to host a Coventry team twice this season, both dates as in the original fixture list, If this happens then big kudos to CVS

• Like 2

Apologies if it elsewhere in this thread - hell of a lot of posts - but what sort of team do Coventry track in their Challenge matches?

Do any of the lads who have (enforced) moved on still ride for them?

Seeing they are at Monmore next week and I just wondered.

Apologies if it elsewhere in this thread - hell of a lot of posts - but what sort of team do Coventry track in their Challenge matches?

Do any of the lads who have (enforced) moved on still ride for them?

Seeing they are at Monmore next week and I just wondered.

Team next week is expected to be:

King

Kerr

Garrity

L. Bjerre

Schlein

Bates

Sarjeant