British Speedway Forum

Brandon Estates should have just struck the same deal with Sandhu as they had for the 2016 season.

The quote below from Sandhu's statement makes me think he is giving Brandon Estates the opportunity to try and meet half way or at some point and if no solution is attempted then he might think again. Might be reading too much in to it but he and his family have took a battering.

"For the sake of speedway and stox I have decided to sit back at this time to see if solutions can be found to get both sports back on track."

Brandon Estates didn't want Sandhu at Brandon that much is clear. This is why we are where we are. A fued between the two parties have put us in this position, their stance on each other needs to change. You just hope Brandon Estates see some sense and realise the sports running at Brandon will be beneficial for all.

what has changed that would make them negotiate with Sandhu anymore than they would have last month ?

The police investigation has ended? To be honest though Brandon Estates didn't want Sandhu at Brandon for whatever reason. Something needs to change.

They certainly don't want Sandhu involved at all. They seem more than happy to let Horton and Bees run but the issue of fixing the track stops that unless money can be raised. You then have to think of the cost of running the stadium. Interesting that Brandon Estates have given Horton solicitor some of the sponsorship money promised and that they would sponsor Bees should they move back. Maybe a PR stunt coming to help any application? Wishful thinking probably.

Interesting reading, I hope Sandhu takes them to the cleaners. They are just playing a stupid game and considering they purchased a motorsport stadium not a ready to go building site I hope they sit and rot on it. The speedway and Horton can't afford to run the stadium even if it was good to go tomorrow. The issue with Sandhu is ridiculous, they never wanted the stox before the things were taken out otherwise the lease would have ran like it did in 2016. This adds further slur to his name.

The police found nothing so will they really go to high court?? They best thing they could do is bugger off as the animosity towards them keeps growing. Rugby Council find us a new home and throw every obstacle in the way for years to come.

Bully boy tactics from people who hide behind scenes.

We can tell you that in the contract for and on completion of the sale of the stadium the fixtures and fittings were not excluded".

Obviously the police investigation didn't see it this way otherwise it would have been classed as theft and Sandhu Charged. The fact he was not even arrested but spoke with the police voluntarily shows what the law made of it.

• Like 1

.....Obviously the police investigation didn't see it this way otherwise it would have been classed as theft and Sandhu Charged. The fact he was not even arrested but spoke with the police voluntarily shows what the law made of it.

The police see it as a contractual dispute and as such will run a mile. Leave it to the courts is their stance.

The only winners in this dispute will be the lawyers.

But let's pick the bones out of this.

£1M to restore the stadium? Well maybe to fully restore it. But does that include grandstand facilities that could easily be closed off? Indeed, what about running on Sunday afternoons and doing without floodlights? Given that the stadium only has a limited life (3 years?) why not go forward on a least cost option?

Significant sponsorship, by Brandon Estates for the speedway operation? Given a usable stadium, would this sponsorship make speedway a viable business without the stox income? Don't get me wrong. Forget the individuals involved. I would love to see stox get back their iconic venue. But if Brandon Estates say, "No way", is there still a way forward?

Leicester has benefited from their being no Coventry this year. They now have Bjerre, King, Garrity, Bates & Lynch. They have more Bees riders than their own 🐝

Brandon Estates didn't want Sandhu at Brandon that much is clear. This is why we are where we are. A fued between the two parties have put us in this position, their stance on each other needs to change. You just hope Brandon Estates see some sense and realise the sports running at Brandon will be beneficial for all.

The police investigation has ended? To be honest though Brandon Estates didn't want Sandhu at Brandon for whatever reason. Something needs to change.

the police investigation was always going to end inconclusively ,Brandon Estates are taking out a private prosecution so nothing has changed , Sandhu caused the initial problem and is still the biggest obstacle to a solution , he wont step aside even though it's patently obvious Brandon estates don't want or need any input from him , but while there is a slim chance of running stock cars and making a profit ,he will continue to hang around like a bad smell , his press release is nothing more than hot air and false promises , same reason ,try to dupe supporters into thinking he cares about anything other than profit , So his family have had it rough , what do you expect Sandhu you sneak around trying to profit from taking away 1,000s of peoples enjoyment ,they are hardly going to smile and congratulate you ,

The police see it as a contractual dispute and as such will run a mile. Leave it to the courts is their stance.

The only winners in this dispute will be the lawyers.

But let's pick the bones out of this.

£1M to restore the stadium? Well maybe to fully restore it. But does that include grandstand facilities that could easily be closed off? Indeed, what about running on Sunday afternoons and doing without floodlights? Given that the stadium only has a limited life (3 years?) why not go forward on a least cost option?

Significant sponsorship, by Brandon Estates for the speedway operation? Given a usable stadium, would this sponsorship make speedway a viable business without the stox income? Don't get me wrong. Forget the individuals involved. I would love to see stox get back their iconic venue. But if Brandon Estates say, "No way", is there still a way forward?

It would be worthwhile the campaigners contacting Brisca ,incarace and spedeworth to find out exactly what rights Sandhu has , and if he can't honour his agreement with them ( no Stadium ) ,maybe the stox promotion can just be handed over to someone else . winner all round Sandhu out on his greedy ear , stox and speedway back up and running ,

the police investigation was always going to end inconclusively ,Brandon Estates are taking out a private prosecution so nothing has changed , Sandhu caused the initial problem and is still the biggest obstacle to a solution , he wont step aside even though it's patently obvious Brandon estates don't want or need any input from him , but while there is a slim chance of running stock cars and making a profit ,he will continue to hang around like a bad smell , his press release is nothing more than hot air and false promises , same reason ,try to dupe supporters into thinking he cares about anything other than profit , So his family have had it rough , what do you expect Sandhu you sneak around trying to profit from taking away 1,000s of peoples enjoyment ,they are hardly going to smile and congratulate you ,

It would be worthwhile the campaigners contacting Brisca ,incarace and spedeworth to find out exactly what rights Sandhu has , and if he can't honour his agreement with them ( no Stadium ) ,maybe the stox promotion can just be handed over to someone else . winner all round Sandhu out on his greedy ear , stox and speedway back up and running ,

You certainly managed to upset Jeff Davies with these comments.

Disappointing that he chose to lambast the BSF given that he is, no doubt, in possession of more of the facts than any of us. There needs to be an understanding that fans are emotional and angry about the situation, and looking to sound off and blame people. All we, as fans, can see is three parties that are all on a different page.

The campaign group have obviously met Mr Sandhu and believe his intentions are genuine, but everything we're being told suggests that he is the biggest blocker to action ever returning to the stadium.

Disappointing that he chose to lambast the BSF given that he is, no doubt, in possession of more of the facts than any of us. There needs to be an understanding that fans are emotional and angry about the situation, and looking to sound off and blame people. All we, as fans, can see is three parties that are all on a different page.

The campaign group have obviously met Mr Sandhu and believe his intentions are genuine, but everything we're being told suggests that he is the biggest blocker to action ever returning to the stadium.

exactly ,and why would a campaign group align itself with the biggest obstacle to achieving it's goal ? as far as i can see only only 1 party is on a different page , and he seems to want to give the impression that Mick Horton not signing a lease on a stadium he had

wrecked makes Mick Horton to blame for the whole mess , I have seen on these pages that Sandhu who claimed he owned 100% of the stadium was forced to sell , I would love to know how anyone could force the 100% owner to sell anything ..

Hardly a fair comment. I, for one, am trying to glean pieces of the truth as they are "released". For example. The fact that Brandon Estates were offering (are still offering) significant sponsorship to the speedway operation. This came out when their solicitor was interviewed when the fans met at the stadium some months ago. I only mention this because this is an important fact and changes the nature of events over the past 6 months significantly. Indeed, was this the significant source of funds that were withdrawn just before the BSPA pulled the plug? The BSPA mentioned this fact in their statement.

We are trying to pick the bones out of this. Have a care. I am not judgemental and don't want to blame anyone. I do want to know the truth in order to help and know whether my speedway club has a future. Is that unreasonable?

Changing the subject, can anyone explain to me why we couldn't have ridden the whole season at Leicester?

I think the proposed Bees team would have been competitive so there would have been every chance of decent levels of support.

I don't think there would have been 'decent levels of support' judging by comments by some Bees fans on here and Facebook. Probably only 50% were willing or able to travel to Leicester and that wouldn't have been enough to finance the deal, especially when a sponsor allegedly pulled out causing the BSPA to have doubts Bees would complete the season. Shame though because we might have been able to see a match at Beaumont Park every week instead of the big gaps in fixtures like there usually are every season.

Edited by Gemini

A track-share for a few meetings early doors may have been viable. Running two Premiership teams at the same stadium (and on consecutive nights) would not.

• Like 1

I don't think there would have been 'decent levels of support' judging by comments by some Bees fans on here and Facebook. Probably only 50% were willing or able to travel to Leicester and that wouldn't have been enough to finance the deal, especially when a sponsor allegedly pulled out causing the BSPA to have doubts Bees would complete the season. Shame though because we might have been able to see a match at Beaumont Park every week instead of the big gaps in fixtures like there usually are every season.

I think it may well have jeopardised 2 teams because the fans would pick and choose the good meetings , and neither would have a decent crowd each week

• Like 1

Hardly a fair comment. I, for one, am trying to glean pieces of the truth as they are "released". For example. The fact that Brandon Estates were offering (are still offering) significant sponsorship to the speedway operation. This came out when their solicitor was interviewed when the fans met at the stadium some months ago. I only mention this because this is an important fact and changes the nature of events over the past 6 months significantly. Indeed, was this the significant source of funds that were withdrawn just before the BSPA pulled the plug? The BSPA mentioned this fact in their statement.

We are trying to pick the bones out of this. Have a care. I am not judgemental and don't want to blame anyone. I do want to know the truth in order to help and know whether my speedway club has a future. Is that unreasonable?

according to Brandon Estates Mr Horton has not got a licence to run speedway the bspa took it of him ?