British Speedway Forum

according to Brandon Estates Mr Horton has not got a licence to run speedway the bspa took it of him ?

The licence to run speedway at Coventry is 'on-ice' with the BSPA - it has NOT been removed from Mick/Coventry Speedway Ltd who remain the only party who could run speedway at Coventry in the future unless a sale of the licence is concluded.

• Like 3

Can all people involved with Coventry Speedway just get together and sort this all out in a civilised manner. Those involved are supposed to be Businessmen. They must realize that all the petty squabbling is helping nobody, and is in fact hindering a solution being found.

I would love to see Coventry back in the fold next Season. The only way to do that is for those involved to talk to each other.

• Like 1

Has anyone from Coventry speedway contacted Tottenham football club about the thousands of plastic seats they are going to dispose of?

Surely worth a phone call to replace the ripped out ones.

Has anyone from Coventry speedway contacted Tottenham football club about the thousands of plastic seats they are going to dispose of?

At the moment Spurs are selling them off at £50 a pop.

So Coventry could just about afford 3 or 4 of them then?! ;-) (joke!!)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

There will be thousands left. Coventry should contact the football club.

Can all people involved with Coventry Speedway just get together and sort this all out in a civilised manner. Those involved are supposed to be Businessmen. They must realize that all the petty squabbling is helping nobody, and is in fact hindering a solution being found.

I would love to see Coventry back in the fold next Season. The only way to do that is for those involved to talk to each other.

You sound very knowledgeable--- any chance you could intervene and help us out? Pretty please

You sound very knowledgeable--- any chance you could intervene and help us out? Pretty please

I'm not very knowledgeable at all. I wish I was.

I lost my Track Sunderland over forty three years ago now and I don't want an old iconic Speedway Club like Coventry to go the same way.

All I want is for people to talk to each other - it is the only way this matter can be settled.

I felt exactly the same about Belle Vue when they were going through their troubles too - as a Belle Vue Supporter I was very concerned about them at the time. As a Speedway Supporter - I am concerned about Coventry 'Bees'.

• Like 3

I lost my Track Sunderland over forty three years ago now and I don't want an old iconic Speedway Club like Coventry to go the same way.

All I want is for people to talk to each other - it is the only way this matter can be settled.

I felt exactly the same about Belle Vue when they were going through their troubles too - as a Belle Vue Supporter I was very concerned about them at the time. As a Speedway Supporter - I am concerned about Coventry 'Bees'.

Shame but thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

Seems like Sandhu and then Brandon Estates are each scrambling for the moral high ground.

I can't see an end to this squabbling and sabre rattling until the inevitable and the planning goes through.

So depressing .

Seats are the least of our worries and anyway who is going to pay for it?

• Like 1

Seats are the least of our worries and anyway who is going to pay for it?

Theres tens of thousands to dispose of. They will cost the football club money to dispose of so they should be free to a good home and if would be good PR. If you dont ask you dont get.

your'e right when you say they are businessmen , however one of them has on more than one occasion behaved like a spoilt and petulant child ,and so now ,the other parties are ready to come to the table and talk . petulant schoolkid is not invited , and although he's about as welcome as a fart in a space suit , he's going nowhere . not while he thinks he holds a trump card of being the stock car promoter , I'm pretty sure that the way to deal with spoilt kids is to take their toys away ,so the next step has to be a new stock car promoter , the stock car organisation ARE businessmen and would much rather see Stox at it's spiritual home Brandon , than not running but being used to blackmail the current stadium owners MPs council and speedway promotion

Theres tens of thousands to dispose of. They will cost the football club money to dispose of so they should be free to a good home and if would be good PR. If you dont ask you dont get.

We've already got loads of them stashed away somewhere that Sandhu took out. As he is willing to put them back again why buy some more? (Yes, I know......and Pigs might fly.)

We've already got loads of them stashed away somewhere that Sandhu took out. As he is willing to put them back again why buy some more? (Yes, I know......and Pigs might fly.)

It would be terrific is they got some seats and lamp posts free , then told Sandhu the ones he stole were no longer required