Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

More importantly at this time with just over a week to go to the challenge match atRye House, can we have some news of the team that the Bees will be using? It is important to keep the interest going with snippets of the efforts put in this season to keep the away support up to a decent level, the travelling support so far this season being enthusiastic but no news on a regular basis will soon loose interest in some quarters. Most will be looking forward to a decent Sunday away meeting plus the local derby at Leicester to follow. So let us all make the effort on these occasions to show the support that is there for our Bees.If there is enthusiasm, maybe further challenges will be arranged .

Are you having a laugh? :lol:

Most will be looking forward to a decent Sunday away meeting plus the local derby at Leicester to follow.

That will be interesting considering 4 of the ex Bees now ride for Leicester. I wonder what riders Coventry will use. :lol:

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

The line up was announced at rye last night, but I was too busy rabbiting to take any notice of it!

That will be interesting considering 4 of the ex Bees now ride for Leicester. I wonder what riders Coventry will use. :lol:

I did suggest an individual meeting instead of a team challenge. All 7 Leicester riders plus as many of the intended Bees as possible and then the likes of Bomber, Rory, Robbo and any other ex Bees who could be encouraged to take part. I even suggested a certain GP rider might make an appearance.

But the idea was rejected on the basis that the Leicester promotion, who are paying all the expenses and points money, bless them, would end up paying for more points, 120 (plus a semi and a final) vs 90 odd for a team meeting.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board. :sad:

• Like 1

I did suggest an individual meeting instead of a team challenge. All 7 Leicester riders plus as many of the intended Bees as possible and then the likes of Bomber, Rory, Robbo and any other ex Bees who could be encouraged to take part. I even suggested a certain GP rider might make an appearance.

But the idea was rejected on the basis that the Leicester promotion, who are paying all the expenses and points money, bless them, would end up paying for more points, 120 (plus a semi and a final) vs 90 odd for a team meeting.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board. :sad:

Surely the financial side has to be considered. Any other way would mean ruin for Leicester too.

Surely the financial side has to be considered. Any other way would mean ruin for Leicester too.

Ah but.

Yes the financial side has to be considered (I want Leicester to succeed given that they are willing to put this meeting on at all). Would the riders accept a lower point payment? 3/4 of the proposed rate would do it. And given a good field wouldn't the gate return be better anyway?

If the 4 "Bees" riders signed by Leicester ride for Leicester (which seems right) and Kenneth doesn't ride, we are faced with fielding a 2 man team with 5 "guests". Hardly keeping the Bees name alive.

Ah but.

Yes the financial side has to be considered (I want Leicester to succeed given that they are willing to put this meeting on at all). Would the riders accept a lower point payment? 3/4 of the proposed rate would do it. And given a good field wouldn't the gate return be better anyway?

If the 4 "Bees" riders signed by Leicester ride for Leicester (which seems right) and Kenneth doesn't ride, we are faced with fielding a 2 man team with 5 "guests". Hardly keeping the Bees name alive.

Well it is keeping the Bees name alive (for now). It was obvious that riders would sign elsewhere and we would have riders riding that didn't originally sign at the start of the season. It was stated very early on that we will try to use riders who have a history with the Bees.

Is this the same Brandon Estates who were going to sponsor the Bees this season but couldn't because of Avtar Sadhus conduct in removing fittings etc. Now we read the residents of Brandon are insisting that houses be built because of the tinkers and they are fearful. The meeting at Brandon village hall 2 years ago maintained the residents were on the side of Speedway/Stock cars continuing . This is reiterated by the article in the Coventry Observer site. There is no chance of a return and if there is the will to find land etc to resite the sports. Forget Brandon your enemy now is Brandon Estates. The whole thing has gone quiet and regrettably It appears the only solutionis is a new stadium. If and when housing is approved pressure should be applied on Brandon Eststes to honour their responsibility. In providing this.

I agree. If Brandon Estates are keen to get building done quickly then providing a new stadium will no doubt help the process, the council might even insist on it. The Save Cov Speedway group have already said they would support the application if it includes a new stadium. Unfortunately Brandon seems to be finished unless something miraculous happens.

Some how I have a gut feeling the Bees will end up at Birmingham next year esp if no one wants to buy Brum off Moley..

Next will be arsonists mark my words.

so dont bend over...dont play leapfrog..and keep your ars against a wall

so dont bend over...dont play leapfrog..and keep your ars against a wall

Arson Fire might have something to say about that. :o:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 days gone since last Coventry Post. Where is the passion sorry folks Mick Horton Avtar Sandhu and Brandon Estates have got what they wanted/planned and we are liming away. Soon to be forgotten the guts have been kicked out of us! Now a armchair supporter!!

Edited by abbo
  • Like 1

It is very sad abbo, I have no appetite for the sport now. Fully intended to go to some live meetings whether a Bees challenge of league racing but just can't get any enthusiasm for it. I can't see Coventry ever getting back on track anywhere let alone in Coventry. Maybe that's a good thing as the sport is on it's knees and seemingly can't turn it round. I reckon we might lose another team or 2 at the end of this season and that will not be sustainable.

Watched Poole v BV last night on BT Sport and I did enjoy the meting but like you abbo, I am now reduced to an armchair supporter! Regarding Poole what is going on with their track, it was terrible. Home riders couldn't even ride it - has Matt Ford given up!

Edited by dj350z
  • Like 1

3 days gone since last Coventry Post. Where is the passion sorry folks Mick Horton Avtar Sandhu and Brandon Estates have got what they wanted/planned and we are liming away. Soon to be forgotten the guts have been kicked out of us! Now a armchair supporter!!

Brandon Estates got they wanted no one else. Stadium and revenge all in one!

Edited by woz01

Brandon Estates got they wanted no one else. Stadium and revenge all in one!

revenge on who ?