Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Never give up hope. Going further back you can include Edinburgh (Powederhall 1977, ten years after losing Old Meadowbank), Scunthorpe, Weymouth, St.Sustell, Kent, Workington and you might even argue Glasgow after the desperate Coatbridge and Blantyre years, plus of course Essex in the case of Arena Essex opening a decade after the closure of Rayleigh.

Unfortunately it's probably going to be too long for many of us. :wink:

I see the site is still not secured.

Of course its not. They want the placed to be trashed/burned down/windows smashed/graffitti/ rats etc. It makes it easier in their minds to get pp for houses.

The council seem very weak. They should have stood up to Brandon estates and told them it is and will be a sporting venue only. No houses full stop.

• Like 7

Unfortunately it's probably going to be too long for many of us. :wink:

Aaaaawwwww - don't be like that Gemini. :o;)

• Like 1

So the pikeys are back at Brandon already then, what a truly sad state of affairs.

So much for the site being secure etc...

Aaaaawwwww - don't be like that Gemini.

Being morbid...... or realistic....... it's true though. In 10 years time how many of us will still be capable of driving any distance. I'm already struggling so I know I won't be. At Peterborough on Sunday I'd never seen so many elderly people either using a mobility scooter or walking with a stick/crutch and that includes me now. I'm probably being too negative but I doubt if I will ever see the Bees back at Brandon or at a new stadium and I've accepted that now. :neutral:

• Like 2

No posts for 4 days just sums it all up Brandon Estates are getting what they wanted it's been so predictable get rid of speedway, leave the place insecure again all we wait for now is the predictable fire and away they go. Sorry we are bleeding a slow death and unless a new site is found quickly for speedway and stock car we can be as optimistic as we want but BE will have won. Brandon is GONE they will get their houses and the profits that go with it. Sod you loyal supporters of both sports your times up and greed has taken over. Bring the box of matches and get it done and dusted!!

• Like 1

Of course its not. They want the placed to be trashed/burned down/windows smashed/graffitti/ rats etc. It makes it easier in their minds to get pp for houses.

The council seem very weak. They should have stood up to Brandon estates and told them it is and will be a sporting venue only. No houses full stop.

To be fair Steve they've constantly said they'd rather it stay as a motorsports venue and think it would be difficult for them to get planning for that amount of houses on the site. Infrastructure is just not there plus the garden centre opposite has been granted permission to open up again. The problem is Brandon Estates can just sit on the site for many, many years. Edited by woz01

Being morbid...... or realistic....... it's true though. In 10 years time how many of us will still be capable of driving any distance. I'm already struggling so I know I won't be. At Peterborough on Sunday I'd never seen so many elderly people either using a mobility scooter or walking with a stick/crutch and that includes me now. I'm probably being too negative but I doubt if I will ever see the Bees back at Brandon or at a new stadium and I've accepted that now. :neutral:

Gemini - you can include me in that too.

I will probably be dead and gone by then. (Which will probably please Humphrey Appleby anyway - so every cloud does have a silver lining for some folk).

I sincerely hope we are both still here though. :t:

• Like 2

Good to see that despite us not running there will still be 2 coaches from Coventry going to Cardiff. People havent given up on the sport yet.

• Like 5

The council backing means nothing, Cleveland Park at Middlesbrough was under a covenant that the land could only be used for sporting use. That was until Tony Bliar funded a new college next to it . The covenant was then as much use as used Andrex

• Like 1

The council backing means nothing, Cleveland Park at Middlesbrough was under a covenant that the land could only be used for sporting use. That was until Tony Bliar funded a new college next to it . The covenant was then as much use as used Andrex

Yes - very true NB.

Money talks and nothing else matters, that seems to be the way of things these days.

The travellers have left the site, again. Brandon Estates must secure the site properly this time!

The travellers have probably been given there own key!

They didn't have to do much to get in!

Needs a concrete barrier across all gates.

I drove past last week and the top gate was wide open with caravans inside