British Speedway Forum

I drove past last week and the top gate was wide open with caravans inside

They may as well hand them a box of matches

I drove past last week and the top gate was wide open with caravans inside

If this is being allowed by the Police etc. than this must be the end for Brandon.

So very, very sad.

If this is being allowed by the Police etc. than this must be the end for Brandon.

So very, very sad.

Private land though isn't it so I doubt the Police would want to get involved?

Trespass is a civil law, so nothing to do with the police. The breaking in is a police matter but the gypos who are there never "break in" the door is always "unlocked" by other gypos before they turn up.

• Like 1

The Save Cov Speedway group have announced that the meeting at Leicester on the 29th is still going ahead.

• Like 1

The Save Cov Speedway group have announced that the meeting at Leicester on the 29th is still going ahead.

The meeting is on Friday 28th July - not Saturday 29th.

• Like 1

The meeting is on Friday 28th July - not Saturday 29th.

So it is, cheers. Convinced it was the Saturday!

It seems the line up will be riders that have history with the bees. Rye House not riding so may see Bomber, Nicholls etc.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Fair comment Gemini.

I just wish we could hear some good news for a change. Allowing Travellers to settle at Brandon can only bring further destruction to the Stadium on top of that already committed by others.

We can't get our speedway fix at Brandon anymore but everybody is welcome at the NSSC. Come and have a chat with friendly faces from the Brandon terraces and keep in touch with all the latest gossip.

We are delighted that Max Fricke, one of the sport's brightest prospects and one of the busiest riders has found time in his diary to be our guest tomorrow night, Thursday 20th July

The meeting will start at 8pm and finish around 10-ish, with plenty of time afterwards to stop and chat. There's a good (& cheap) bar which also sells hot drinks and snacks.

We meet at the Brandon Club, just down the road from the stadium;

Main Street

Brandon

Coventry

CV8 3HW

All money raised on the night goes to help Neil Vatcher and the GB Young Lions. Entry for non-members is £3.

For everything you need to know about the NSSC: https://www.nuneatonspeedwaysupportersclub.co.uk

Last personal post 10th of the month only NSSiC on since trying to placate the Bees supporters. We are falling into just what Brandon Estates expected, another 12 months and Speedway in Coventry will be forgotten. I don't know the answer perhaps there isn't one. Feel by now we should be receiving some sort of update from the Save our Speedwsy friends.

Last personal post 10th of the month only NSSiC on since trying to placate the Bees supporters. We are falling into just what Brandon Estates expected, another 12 months and Speedway in Coventry will be forgotten. I don't know the answer perhaps there isn't one. Feel by now we should be receiving some sort of update from the Save our Speedwsy friends.

Whats to say its dead in the water.

Whats to say its dead in the water.

I sincerely hope you are wrong about that.

But if you are not - perhaps you should change your Username to 'Game Over'. :sad: :sad: :sad:

• Like 1

10th July they have us an update about having regular meetings with councils etc. I for one don't want regular updates telling us not a lot. We had constant updates from the people who put us in this position during the winter and look where that got us. Members are at the NSSC meetings if you want to ask them anything.

I fully agree with you since the start of these problems throughout the winter now well into the 17 season all we get is assurances that the utmost is being done but no indication who has been consulted i.e. Rugby Council, councillor Stokes, Brandon Estates!! Surely there must be something positive/negative but nothing. Sorry if people reading this are critical there has been little forthcoming. I appreciate that well intentioned people are engaged in discussions but unless there is something disclosed any interested supporters will just fade away and Brandon Estates will have achieved what they set out to achieve!

Edited by abbo